Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Bournemouth - Sunday, 20 March, 16:00

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Here we go lads. 7 games to go. Liverpool and Man United next.

I said it earlier in the season that April will be when we fall away. I really hope I'm wrong and we can crawl those 5 points back in the next 4 games.

We're the most exciting side in the league IMO. Leicester are grinding out the results now. Fingers crossed all these 1-0 wins turn into defeats now. Personally think they've been getting nothing but lucky for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

The one game that haunts me is their 1-0 win at the lane. We were all over them for the whole game and then got sucker punched. Looks like that 3 point swing from draw to loss could be the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

slegs wrote:
    The one game that haunts me is their 1-0 win at the lane. We were all over them for the whole game and then got sucker punched. Looks like that 3 point swing from draw to loss could be the difference

Yeah, it was a sickner then and it's a sickner now. Maybe we didn't show them enough respect that night, I don't know. I didn't think that result would be so pivotal back then but it's prob the difference between 2nd and 1st place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't like all this 'typical Spurs' crap. We're having a brilliant season, there's absolutely no shame in second. It completely undermines the work Poch has done and his plan for the future if we just say 'typical Spurs' every time the ball doesn't fall our way.

Also, if Leicester win the most games in the league and gain the most points... It's not 'typical Spurs'.

7 matches left. Come on you Spurs, still a long way to go!

I don't like all this 'typical Spurs' crap. We're having a brilliant season, there's absolutely no shame in second. It completely undermines the work Poch has done and his plan for the future if we just say 'typical Spurs' every time the ball doesn't fall our way.

Also, if Leicester win the most games in the league and gain the most points... It's not 'typical Spurs'.

7 matches left. Come on you Spurs, still a long way to go!

Yeh totally. I dont agree with that either. This is our best season in the Premier League. If we finish second I'll be delighted and looking forward to next season in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

I wouldn't put it solely down to luck. Credit where it's due, Leicester are playing well. I watched them against Newcastle and admittedly both teams were poor but that was one game. Watching them against Palace I was very impressed. Drinkwater and Kante were phenomenonal as were Albrighton and Mahrez. They lack pace at the back but they are organised very well. They are structured, effective and well worthy of their position at the top.

That being said I think the same goes for us. We have been lucky at times over the season and also unlucky, but ultimately deserving to be in a title race. Just that we are not considered big clubs, both Spurs and Leicester are proving week after week that they earned the right to be where they are.

I think at this stage it's only Spurs fans who want Leicester to slip up. It would be a fairytale season for both clubs though. I just hope we come out the top end of it all.

DaDerv wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it solely down to luck. Credit where it's due, Leicester are playing well. I watched them against Newcastle and admittedly both teams were poor but that was one game. Watching them against Palace I was very impressed. Drinkwater and Kante were phenomenonal as were Albrighton and Mahrez. They lack pace at the back but they are organised very well. They are structured, effective and well worthy of their position at the top.

That being said I think the same goes for us. We have been lucky at times over the season and also unlucky, but ultimately deserving to be in a title race. Just that we are not considered big clubs, both Spurs and Leicester are proving week after week that they earned the right to be where they are.

I think at this stage it's only Spurs fans who want Leicester to slip up. It would be a fairytale season for both clubs though. I just hope we come out the top end of it all.

Well lucky is probably the wrong word. Personally I think they've been boring for a while now. They've shut up shop at 1-0 and played deeper/defended more instead of going for a second.

Everyone seems to think they're the most exciting but look at the Goal difference between us and them.

I dont see/ to understand how its all clicked for us this season though. Poch has really done a fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Ive said it a few times...Theres a hiding coming for someone soon...

Those Dortmund games are like a blessing in disguise.....they were the only times i saw a team given us the runaround and regaining possession quicker than us.

Playing the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, Southampton, Newcastle, WBA will be a doddle..

The 3 big games left ...Liverpool and Chelsea away and United at home are the toughest.....And Liverpool travel to Dortmund after they play us.....

Every reason to be optimistic !!!!

Spurs 4 Bournemouth 1.

Kane 2
    Lamela
    Eriksen.

I definitely feel we wont crumble...we will definitely capitilise IF Leicester slip up.....But my worry is the jammy pigs wont !!!

We look very strong and solid and battered the so called fittest team in the league yesterday..

The flip side of me says Leicester WILL slip up...

Jaysis, im not even worried about Aresnal or City at this stage.....Its all about Leicester slipping up !!!

I think we'll get at least 18 points from 21 on offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Stoke, Southampton, Newcastle....a doddle eh

Stoke did the double last season, our record against Southampton is favorable. Newcastle will be fighting for there life's, and have already beaten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭celt262

Hopefully Newcastle will be down by the time we play them.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    Hopefully Newcastle will be down by the time we play them.

I think being mathematically safe on the second last game will benefit us more. They'll be celebrating insanely that they will barely turn up for the match.

Mathematically down they might consider playing out of their skins to prove a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

lets beat Liverpool first - no point looking beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Madness trying to predict the closing games of the season! Always lots of shocks and crazy results. Look back when Liverpool had the title all but wrapped up being 3 nil up at palace! One game at a time folks. Nothing more.

Advertisement