Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 6 | Episode 13 | The Same Boat [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Still the moral of the story:
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Moral of the story: Always listen to Carol!

sk_zpsumbuj5wf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Rough stuff..

Fantastic Episode, one of my favorite overall easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Christ that was a serious episode. Fantastic stuff. Didn't actually feel like Walking Dead at times! Plot hole sniffers will be struggling to find much from that.

Best I've seen from Maggie in a couple of seasons. Carol has been the star of series 6 in my opinion. Struggling to recall a scene she hasn't stolen and the actress that played Paula was superb, Molly was well cast also (both look familiar.....anyone enlighten me what they've been in) It's all getting very dark and it's brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

OK, That was Different?
    Good episode,
    A bit more morally ambiguous than the usual story, I was expecting Carol to resurface from the mousey Nun,
    But it was good.
    Will we get to see Negan at all this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RIP to the smoking country woman, she was the salt of the earth :(

• Advertisement

Bistoman wrote: »
    OK, That was Different?
    Good episode,
    A bit more morally ambiguous than the usual story, I was expecting Carol to resurface from the mousey Nun,
    But it was good.
    Will we get to see Negan at all this season?

Carol isn't no mousey nun!! Quite the opposite! However you can see Morgan's words having a significant influence on her. Her behaviour was half act, half morally challenged

Maggie was brilliant. As I said best I've seen her in years!

Another thing, haven't the short term cameo characters been one of the strongest aspect of this season. Eastman, the wolf, Paula and even that guy who led the bike crew who Daryl, Abe and Sasha killed were brilliantly cast and portrayed. Can't fault the character portrayals in the show of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Carol isn't no mousey nun!! Quite the opposite! However you can see Morgan's words having a significant influence on her. Her behaviour was half act, half morally challenged

I'm not sure I like the new Carol, but I'm positive I don't like the new Maggie. To me, those scenes with Gregory should really have starred Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

definitely had a feminist vibe to it all, enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Robsweezie wrote: »
    definitely had a feminist vibe to it all, enjoyed it.

Not sure about the feminist vibe. The fact that the main characters in the episode were women wasn't significant in itself for me, it was just great character development with two people who happened to be women.

As one of the 'focus' episodes it was possibly the best one yet. I wanted Rick and the gang to appear sooner than they did but it was still very enjoyable. It was as dark as last week's episode, more so in some places...Maggie bashing one of her captor's brains in comes to mind, Carol shooting the other one point blank in the head. Luring the other saviours in and burning them to death was nearly too much. I almost dread where the show is going now with this 'kill or be killed' theme, it's grim and brutal stuff.

Carol was utterly tormented in this one, another great performance from Melissa McBride. Likewise, Lauren Cohan had her best moments in the whole show so far and responded brilliantly. Whatever about Carol, Maggie's innocence is gone and I had a real sense of pity for her when she more or less fell into Glenn's arms.

I sort of laughed at Rick just shooting the captured Saviour after he told him he was Negan. Rick is reminding me right now of that famous Simpsons NRA episode where Homer shoots nearly everything in sight just because he has a gun!

Easily the best season so far and this episode just added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ow carol my angel of death <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Another very good episode. All the episodes after the return from the break have been great, really hope they keep this up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

... the actress that played Paula was superb, Molly was well cast also (both look familiar.....anyone enlighten me what they've been in) It's all getting very dark and it's brilliant!!

Off the top of my head Paula (Alicia Witt) had a full season role in Justified (season 4 I think) and appeared in several episodes of Friday Night Lights (season 4/5). Plenty of other things too I'm sure.

Just realised who I thought Molly acted, sounded and looked like.... a slightly older, angrier and tougher version of Melissa Mccarthy.

Oh and check out the actress that played Paula (alicia witt). She is hot stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I think this thread needs a poll so we can all start 10ing it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wasn't as fond of this episode as most of you seem to be. Didn't resolve or progress anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Paula (Alicia Witt) had a full season role in Justified (season 4 I think) and appeared in several episodes of Friday Night Lights (season 4/5). Plenty of other things too I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure she played a reoccurring role as a blind woman in the mentalist too.

I'm guessing that talk Carol had with her new fella about moms being so tough was a bit of foreshadowing for this week. All the tough ass women together having a mom-off! See how crazy four kids made Paula!

5starpool wrote: »
    I wasn't as fond of this episode as most of you seem to be. Didn't resolve or progress anything at all.

It very much progressed Maggies character. And continued Carol's transformation. And we have an ever growing insight how dark and vicious the Saviours are. Great dialogue, some fantastic characterisations and some dark, tense and superbly shot action in the last third. For an episode shot with a handful of characters in a small location, that's great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I found that and the last episode very dark. There was too much violent murder from the main characters, in particular setting the guys on fire in the end & murdering people while they sleep. in the last episode

Its actually turned me off the main characters as it feels like they have no redeeming qualities & arn't just trying to survive but actually seeking out people to kill.

In saying that its a credit to the writers to be able to stir up such emotion

Sugar Free wrote: »

Oh come on you wikipediad that 😄😄 ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Well, that was a splatter fest :eek:

I enjoy a good splatter movie, but it felt a bit out of place here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i thought that carol had been bitten or injured at the end but it was just a cut from squeezing the cross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Jesus Christ, Carol, don't start getting soft. This is war! Kill or be killed.

I think she remembered that again before the end of the episode.

And what did Maggie say to Glenn at the end? Was it "I can't anymore?"

Jesus Christ, Carol, don't start getting soft. This is war! Kill or be killed.

I think she remembered that again before the end of the episode.

And what did Maggie say to Glenn at the end? Was it "I can't anymore?"

I cant do this anymore , something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

And we have an ever growing insight how dark and vicious the Saviours are.

We've more of an insight as to how dark and vicious Rick's crew have become. The lines of which group are good or bad are definitely blurred now.

This is by far the most consistent and enjoyable season since the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Crazy episode in a good way, that turned the tables in a way that retribution is absolutely fair game now for the saviours. Rick and Maggie really have created a clusterfcuk of a situation, and I'm starting to get the feeling the latter might be getting set up for a hard fall.
    It'd be dark putting a pregnant woman to the bat even for this show but I'm starting to feel it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Not sure about the feminist vibe. The fact that the main characters in the episode were women wasn't significant in itself for me, it was just great character development with two people who happened to be women.

I felt feminist undertones throughout the episode, the big players in the ep being women, the first female group we've seen in the show, the themes of motherhood with carol and paula and of course maggie, paula's disempowering of her ''weak'' male boss by killing him.

it was a nice showcase of a great female cast with themes of empowerment. when I say feminist I mean it in a complimentary way in this case, not in the negative agenda -driven sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

"The lines of which group are good or bad are definitely blurred now".

^^ I'm not so sure about that tbh....yes, Ricks group are much more matter of fact about being brutal when it's called for lately, but it's purely for survival (yes, even killing the Saviours in their sleep) - it's kill or be killed. The Saviours, The Wolves, The Claimers.....they all kill/killed seemingly indiscriminately. There's a difference between carrying out acts of extreme violence in self defence and carrying them out to intimidate or threaten others who are little or no threat to you, eg The Saviours vs Hilltop.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I felt feminist undertones throughout the episode, the big players in the ep being women, the first female group we've seen in the show, the themes of motherhood with carol and paula and of course maggie, paula's disempowering of her ''weak'' male boss by killing him.

it was a nice showcase of a great female cast with themes of empowerment. when I say feminist I mean it in a complimentary way in this case, not in the negative agenda -driven sense.

In fairness there has always been strong female characters. Carol, Maggie, Michonne, the cop in the hospital, Deanna, Rosita, Tara, Andrea (until she became a naive fool), Sasha, even the evil b $tch in the Sanctuary. All strong female characters. Even Beth hardened up towards the end.

. I think the background theme was moreso about emphasising survival post apocalypse through a female lens. There was the issue of pregnancy, husband abuse, motherhood, Carol in her meek faux housewife mask, the girls protecting eachother against the only male among them, and a few other aspects. Not feminism per se, just a female viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well silly season continues and plumbs new depths with this load of bloody nonsense.

I said last week that this load of enemies couldn't have been presented any weaker. I was mistaken. Here we had two captured women, one of whom is pregnant, completely eliminate all four of their captors. So it was 36-0 last week and this week it was 4-0. Again, I ask: why should we care about Negan's weak-ass group which can't even record ONE casualty on Rick's side even when they are CAPTIVE.

It's RIDICULOUS.

And it was blatantly obvious Carol was going to save the day after the constant 'You're weak' comments towards TV's most absurd character, the abused housewife turned MacGyver, who can escape from duct tape using ROSARY BEADS.

Paula, the redhead, I found to be an interesting character. It would have been interesting to at least allow her to get away but I guess Rick's crack unit of Commandos must always have their flawless victory.

The ending was so cringeworthy with that ludicrous moment with the cigarette and the fire, followed by MacGyver and Maggie sauntering out in slow motion like they're filming a Snoop Dogg video. I was half expecting Carol to don shades and for an explosion to happen in the background. Cos they're like so badass, yo. :rolleyes:

Rick shooting the guy at the end was too far-fetched. I think even Shane would have had a think over what to do but when Shane was around the show the show had a semblance of believability (as can be expected from an apocalyptic zombie show). Now it's just a cartoon show.

Tune in next time to see how many of Negan's numbskulls will be downed by Rick's Justice League. Let's see how long we can keep that clean sheet going, eh? I want the gang to get to triple figures and still not lose anybody. Why not?

I'm feeling a strong 4 to a light 5 out of 10 for this one.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Well silly season continues and plumbs new depths with this load of bloody nonsense.

I said last week that this load of enemies couldn't have been presented any weaker. I was mistaken. Here we had two captured women, one of whom is pregnant, completely eliminate all four of their captors. So it was 36-0 last week and this week it was 4-0. Again, I ask: why should we care about Negan's weak-ass group which can't even record ONE casualty on Rick's side even when they are CAPTIVE.

It's RIDICULOUS.

And it was blatantly obvious Carol was going to save the day after the constant 'You're weak' comments towards TV's most absurd character, the abused housewife turned MacGyver, who can escape from duct tape using ROSARY BEADS.

Paula, the redhead, I found to be an interesting character. It would have been interesting to at least allow her to get away but I guess Rick's crack unit of Commandos must always have their flawless victory.

The ending was so cringeworthy with that ludicrous moment with the cigarette and the fire, followed by MacGyver and Maggie sauntering out in slow motion like they're filming a Snoop Dogg video. I was half expecting Carol to don shades and for an explosion to happen in the background. Cos they're like so badass, yo. :rolleyes:

Rick shooting the guy at the end was too far-fetched. I think even Shane would have had a think over what to do but when Shane was around the show the show had a semblance of believability (as can be expected from an apocalyptic zombie show). Now it's just a cartoon show.

Tune in next time to see how many of Negan's numbskulls will be downed by Rick's Justice League. Let's see how long we can keep that clean sheet going, eh? I want the gang to get to triple figures and still not lose anybody. Why not?

I'm feeling a strong 4 to a light 5 out of 10 for this one.

Here we go again!! Ha!
    Between watching the show every week and writing long reviews, you sure dont seem like you should be someone who hates the show! Could of got a fortnights ironing done in that hour for yourself :D

Your reviews are becoming parodies of themselves at this stage!! :D im beginning to think you are trolling !! Ha!

Anyway i look forward to your review next week !!

Advertisement