Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 6 | Episode 13 | The Same Boat [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Paula (Alicia Witt) had a full season role in Justified (season 4 I think) and appeared in several episodes of Friday Night Lights (season 4/5). Plenty of other things too I'm sure.

She was in The Sopranos too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here we go again!! Ha!
    Between watching the show every week and writing long reviews, you sure dont seem like you should be someone who hates the show! Could of got a fortnights ironing done in that hour for yourself :D

Your reviews are becoming parodies of themselves at this stage!! :D im beginning to think you are trolling !! Ha!

Anyway i look forward to your review next week !!

Honestly at this point my feeling towards the show is similar to the feelings people on the TV forum have on the Late Late thread: it's dire TV, yet you can't help but be engrossed. I guess I'm in jaded fan territory.

I am hoping the writers give me at least one episode this season that I like. :)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great episode. This season is the business so far.

Carol has always been one of the best characters on the show. I was always a bit indifferent to Maggie but in that episode both were great. Shame Paula won't be around, the character was interesting.

Wonder what they mean with this "we are all Negan" stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Honestly at this point my feeling towards the show is similar to the feelings people on the TV forum have on the Late Late thread: it's dire TV, yet you can't help but be engrossed. I guess I'm in jaded fan territory.

I am hoping the writers give me at least one episode this season that I like. :)

If you didnt enjoy the last two episodes in the context of the whole series, i dont hold out much hope for you tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Oh come on you wikipediad that 😄😄 ha!

Lol, genuinely just recognized her from the two shows I mentioned as I've watched them both in full (Justified is excellent).

Anyway not sure where they go from here if they've killed everyone or at least think they have. Somehow doubt the last guy Rick shot was actually Negan. Back to the hilltop for more information maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Suas11 wrote: »
    She was in The Sopranos too

Yes, around season 3 I think. Christopher Moltisanto (or whatever way you spell it) was boinking her for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I enjoyed that episode, the best of the season so far I think. Only moment of stupidity really was Maggie and Carol watching on as the other was engaged in a fight with the Paula and the other one (at least Carol eventually stepped in), but minor enough not to spoil my enjoyment of it.

Speaking of Paula, or more to the point the actress that plays/played her, I spent ages thinking what the hell did I see her in before. Had to wiki it and turns out she was Ms. Pasternak in an episode of Two and a Half Men. Mystery solved.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Since there is no poll, I will go with the luxury of giving a half score of 6.5. The episode wasn't bad per se, I just wanted quicker progression such as been in the recent previous episodes. When you get spoilt for so long, your standards get higher which is a sign of good writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ha I spent my time between watching the episode and getting to read the thread wondering if Alicia Witt would get a mention. I wasn't disappointed :pac:

Great in Justified and her episode in The Sopranos will live long in my memory! Great in her starring role tonight too.

Is Negan a bit of a "I'm Spartacus" type thing or is that just what they want us/them to think?

Really enjoyed the episode. Carol has long been one of my favourite characters since about season 3. I presume everything is beginning to catch up with her now? I actually thought she might have bowed out tonight.

It was kind of fun imagining what antics Rick et al were getting up to in between the chats.

Assuming the last few episodes keep pace then this has been the best season nearly I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

second half of this season has been great so far compared to the first half which had some of the worst and best episodes of the entire show, so i just hope they dont **** up the end like they did with that awful show down with the governor kinda crap the first time :p i love the show but some times im like just waiting for it to let me down with bad writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't like carol's new character and I think the show has been pretty weak for the last few episodes. I do however get a feeling that we're going to have a red wedding moment at the end of the season when they're finally confronted by Neegan and we'll see 3/4 main characters wiped out but Rick left standing as the leader with an order to return home with a message not to fcuk with Neegan's gang. We'll see him return back to the group a broken man.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

DoozerT6 wrote:
    I'm not so sure about that tbh....yes, Ricks group are much more matter of fact about being brutal when it's called for lately, but it's purely for survival (yes, even killing the Saviours in their sleep) - it's kill or be killed. The Saviours, The Wolves, The Claimers.....they all kill/killed seemingly indiscriminately. There's a difference between carrying out acts of extreme violence in self defence and carrying them out to intimidate or threaten others who are little or no threat to you, eg The Saviours vs Hilltop.

Rick's group are definitely *not* acting in self defense. They're killing because they want the resources that hilltop has. How is that any different from the Saviours? In fact between the two groups Rick's group has the far higher bodycount. Woodbury, the wolves & the cannibals attacked Rick's group first but in this scenario Rick's group have fired the first shots. From the saviours point of view this unknown group popped up out of nowhere and slaughtered the entire population of their outpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Rick's group are definitely *not* acting in self defense. They're killing because they want the resources that hilltop has. How is that any different from the Saviours? In fact between the two groups Rick's group has the far higher bodycount. Woodbury, the wolves & the cannibals attacked Rick's group first but in this scenario Rick's group have fired the first shots. From the saviours point of view this unknown group popped up out of nowhere and slaughtered the entire population of their outpost.

Their biker crew did attempt to murder 3 of them on the highway for a truck full of gas.

So.......

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

listermint wrote: »
    Their biker crew did attempt to murder 3 of them on the highway for a truck full of gas.

So.......

The biker gang attempted to rob them of the truck and take them prisoner.

I'm not trying to paint the saviours as innocents but what we have here is not a 'good guys' vs 'bad guys' scenario. It's two groups fighting for control of a resource (hilltop).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Greyjoy wrote: »
    The biker gang attempted to rob them of the truck and take them prisoner.

I'm not trying to paint the saviours as innocents but what we have here is not a 'good guys' vs 'bad guys' scenario. It's two groups fighting for control of a resource (hilltop).

At the same time the saviors would have attacked them at some point, why lie in wait to be attacked as they have in the past? This season is about recognizing good vs evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I'm really not feeling it with this series and I like a good slasher as much as anyone......but these episodes wouldn't even rate as B slashers if it were a movie such is the poor acting and execution .......the sign of a good programme for me is you watch it again a 2nd a 3rd time, these are just watch and move on .......and yet every week some are just so invested in it and eager to be pleased you read things like 'wow best episode ever' and I think what??? did I just watch the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I'm really not feeling it with this series and I like a good slasher as much as anyone......but these episodes wouldn't even rate as B slashers if it were a movie such is the poor acting and execution .......the sign of a good programme for me is you watch it again a 2nd a 3rd time, these are just watch and move on .......and yet every week some are just so invested in it and eager to be pleased you read things like 'wow best episode ever' and I think what??? did I just watch the same thing...

It wasn't the best episode ever but it was a pretty good episode, especially for mid-season. There was some great character development with Carol and Maggie and a few slices of action at the end. What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series since the return more than any other. There has been points in time were I have been bored to tears with this show however right now I am enjoying the ride. I wouldn't consider myself invested prior to the return from the mid season break. I'm now very much invested and engaged and the consensus is so are a lot of others.

Maybe you don't enjoy the murderous blurring of the lines however this show now has a grey area which means you don't know what's going to happen. There will be plenty of moral debates and I think the fact Ricks group are now proactively attacking what they perceive as a threat means the show has got more realistic. There is more depth to what happens because it's no longer a clear good v bad show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Carols interaction with her captor was basically Carol looking in the mirror,going form a weak "yes sir" person to somebody who would kill in a heartbeat.So many parallels between the two characters.Perhaps that is why she told her to run and hesitated in shooting her.

Im not "eager to be pleased" . Ill call a spade a spade and have done when critivising some aspects. But for me most of this season has been top notch in the context of what the show is about. Im not a comic reader in the sense but i got referred to a website with all the comics during the summers and i ibinge read them over a few days.

So after being a casual enough fan beforehand i became more invested in it as a show. So i am willing to admit i am probably biased and may seem over enthusiastic in my appreciation of the show this season! I probably overlook suspension of reality aspects also.

Im willing to admit if you dont account for the fact the show is based on the comic fantasy aspect small things can become frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Paula (Alicia Witt) had a full season role in Justified (season 4 I think) and appeared in several episodes of Friday Night Lights (season 4/5). Plenty of other things too I'm sure.

She played one of the daughters in Cybill.

I thought she played the role ok, but the other 3 negen characters were week. Especially the older smoker woman and injured male.

OK episode, but not great. they escaped too easy.

Jesus Alicia Witt seems to have some CV!!!! Been in everything going from looki g at this thread !!!

I heard she played the squirrel in Animals of Farthing Woods Season 4 but was killed off in a shock twist in the penultimate episode of the season sparking a huge whodunnit.....(spoiler, it was the otter)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

That was an interesting episode, Carroll going through a dark night of the soul, Maggie reaching a point of exhaustion. All the while dealing with antagonists that are almost mirror images of themselves.
    Telling that both Carroll and Maggie said they did what they did because they hoped for a better future and the saviours seemed to be just acting from hurt, lashing out in rage mostly or taking control in compensation for having had little before the apocalypse.
    This one and the episode when Carroll showed the girl the pretty flowers had a lot in common, both grim, both drama rather than action and both depended on Carol's strong acting.
    It didn't advance the story much, being more a conclusion to last weeks episode so we still know very little about the saviours or Negan, I guess he will be the cliff hanger for next season which means a dramatic appearance next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CdeQMmdXIAEqF3l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus Alicia Witt seems to have some CV!!!! Been in everything going from looki g at this thread !!!

And no-one has even mentioned Urban Legend yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think the whole we're all Negan thing is very interesting and a really different dynamic to Ricks group

When they meet new people its usually Rick at the forefront saying straight out I'm Rick Grimes where as Negan is so shrouded in mystery , My brother made an interesting comment is the group called Negan (and I said hardly seen as they have been named neegan) but its an interesting thought none the less , and I do think its funny that they haven't lost anyone yet...I really feel a big slaughter of Ricks group coming before this season is out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Did anybody else think that Maggie had been slashed across her baby bump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

duridian wrote: »
    Did anybody else think that Maggie had been slashed across her baby bump?
    That's what you were supposed to think...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Convienient that the walker who started eating Paula just stopped, let her die & reanimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Convienient that the walker who started eating Paula just stopped, let her die & reanimate

the walker is impaled. so its range of motion is limited. seems to have eaten all of her face off which is good going for 10 minutes.

Advertisement