Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 31 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

2FTs
    Butland Hennessy

Fonte Williams Huth Toby Smith

Siggy Ozil Mahrez Toure Alli

Vardy Kane Aguero

Toure out. For who? Haven't a bulls notion. Payet, Firmino, Arnie all in the frame. Maybe Lukaku in due to the fact that Arsenal are an embarrassment. In short, I have 2 transfers and no dea what to do with them. Haven't even looked at the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

keano_afc wrote: »
    2FTs
    Butland Hennessy

Fonte Williams Huth Toby Smith

Siggy Ozil Mahrez Toure Alli

Vardy Kane Aguero

Toure out. For who? Haven't a bulls notion. Payet, Firmino, Arnie all in the frame. Maybe Lukaku in due to the fact that Arsenal are an embarrassment. In short, I have 2 transfers and no dea what to do with them. Haven't even looked at the defence.

I would definitely get Payet in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Good week to save or roll a FT, international break after and Aguero has two WC qualifiers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good week to save or roll a FT, international break after and Aguero has two WC qualifiers.....

This could be a good shout.

However with a wildcard planned for 33 at most I'm in 1 week punt territory this week and maybe next. Could bank and have a double punt next week though so we'll see.

FHFC wrote: »
    This could be a good shout.

However with a wildcard planned for 33 at most I'm in 1 week punt territory this week and maybe next. Could bank and have a double punt next week though so we'll see.

Yeah, probably same for me but I have strong front 8 and am only really in need of a better defender than VVD(LIV) or Bellerin(eve) so not sure it's worth a FT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone else thinking of ditching Aguero?

City have been phoning it in for a while now and don't see them (or Aguero) racking up big scores anytime soon.

Will probably hold on to him as insurance but half tempted to bring Lukaku in instead (also have Vardy and Kane)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of ditching Aguero?

City have been phoning it in for a while now and don't see them (or Aguero) racking up big scores anytime soon.

Will probably hold on to him as insurance but half tempted to bring Lukaku in instead (also have Vardy and Kane)

He's too dangerous to avoid IMO, particularly with most teams being fine for value due to the multitude of budget friendly options available.

Just last week he was a missed penalty away from a hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

CSF wrote: »
    He's too dangerous to avoid IMO, particularly with most teams being fine for value due to the multitude of budget friendly options available.

Yeah....hard to argue with that logic in fairness.

I've kinda lost faith in him (captained Kane this week) but he is probably due a mega haul in the next few weeks.

Might roll my transfer this week - might make a DGW move later on if I can figure out what move would actually make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yeah....hard to argue with that logic in fairness.

I've kinda lost faith in him (captained Kane this week) but he is probably due a mega haul in the next few weeks.

Might roll my transfer this week - might make a DGW move later on if I can figure out what move would actually make sense

I think someone more reliable has to present themself first. For me it's looking like Aguero/Lukaku and another.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »

There was a lad 40 points ahead of me last season in a private league until the City QPR game. I had Aguero captained. He didn't have him.

League won by twenty points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I think I might just do Gomes to Fabianski for better CS odds. Villa have to score eventually, though!

Edit: scratch that! Townsend in and triple captain him! It's in the air! (This post contains a pinch of exaggeration)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

lougal88 wrote: »
    I would definitely get Payet in

Tough few games coming up for WH though - Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester in the next 4 games.

Icaras wrote: »
    Tough few games coming up for WH though - Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester in the next 4 games.

I still think he's pretty fixture proof unlike some alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thinking Hart in for Forster - madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thinking Hart in for Forster - madness?

No Forster has been poo last few weeks
    If I didn't have Elliot with a DGW I'd have got hart in this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Might take a punt and bring in Barrow for Kouyate, the save bet is Fabianski for Cech or Williams for Bertrand. Prob go my wc for gw32 so might opt for Barrow.

siblers wrote: »
    Might take a punt and bring in Barrow for Kouyate, the save bet is Fabianski for Cech or Williams for Bertrand. Prob go my wc for gw32 so might opt for Barrow.

Barrow is an injury doubt for the Villa game so look into that before acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Try not to make any transfers before Friday if possible lads, you saw what happened with Yaya :P

I always make my transfers around 2am on Friday night, could never make a transfer this early in the week, even if a price rice was imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really need some clarity on fixtures this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Can see Leicester go into squeaky bum mode and if ahead, shutting up shop. Vardy or Mahrez for the chop soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

More problematic is that he's a forward not a midfielder!

Ah balls, he plays on the wing for Swansea. Could have been a nice differential, if Bournemouth had a better fixture I'd go with Gradel.

siblers wrote: »
    Ah balls, he plays on the wing for Swansea. Could have been a nice differential, if Bournemouth had a better fixture I'd go with Gradel.

Keep Gradel til August. The new Mahrez.

Front 8 of Mahrez Arnie Siggy Alli Sanchez
    Aguero Kane Vardy.

Was going to get Lukaku in but already have a selection headache.

Who to bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Finding it hard to see a good 1 week punt.

Fuchs, Williams, Alderweireld
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Alli, Arnie, Siggy
    Vardy, Agüero, Kane

Probably bench Arnie away to Watford or Vardy.

No midfielder standing out as a punt for maybe Arnie.

Bank and maybe get a couple of Chelsea in for Villa (after seeing who plays up front with no Costa)?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Front 8 of Mahrez Arnie Siggy Alli Sanchez
    Aguero Kane Vardy.

Was going to get Lukaku in but already have a selection headache.

Who to bench?

Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FHFC wrote: »
    Finding it hard to see a good 1 week punt.

Fuchs, Williams, Alderweireld
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Alli, Arnie, Siggy
    Vardy, Agüero, Kane

Probably bench Arnie away to Watford or Vardy.

No midfielder standing out as a punt for maybe Arnie.

Bank and maybe get a couple of Chelsea in for Villa (after seeing who plays up front with no Costa)?

I like that last option before wildcarding gw33

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

yip thinking of banking too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have 2Fts...should I use them both to bring in Kane for Vardy?

Squad is currently:
    Forster/Butland
    Williams/Simpson/Daniels/Toby/Targett
    Mahrez/Payet/Silva/Ozil/Alli
    Aguero/Lukaku/Vardy

If I was to bring in Kane, probably downgrade Butland to some 4m keeper.

Advertisement