Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Mir

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hunt via Decision
    darced wrote: »

Mir was on another planet, he was beyond knocked out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hunt via Decision
    He would've turned mir into a vegetable if he ground and pounded him.

Hunt via Decision
    11099898_10153709988422851_382221271_n.jpg?oh=1e245b1b4b6735281eb590cfa8b85271&oe=56F11C33

Hunt via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    He would've turned mir into a vegetable if he ground and pounded him.

I 1000000000000% agree.

Hunt isn't a viscous person, he's not trying to kill people he wants to finish the fight and get out of there. The last thing he wanted to do was slap Frank's head off of the canvas a few times. The fight was over, he knew it, so he walked off.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision

I can see your point of view,I think theres exceptions to the walk off ko stoppage but at heavy weight and when hunt drops you,its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hunt via Decision
    He wasnt really conscious tho! Stiff arms and neck - Out!

Hunt via Decision
    Hunt's reaction is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

without a doubt i think mark hunt would be the best fighter to have a pint with. id imagine he's a pure gent, but hs the best stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nooooooooooo ..... You're my boy Frank :(

About the KO, if Frank was alright, he would have argued with the ref or moved his and arms. He was done.

He could have done serious damage to Mir there like most fighters would.

Also, Hunt has had a ****ed life. Worth looking it up if you're a fan. Hard not to be a fan of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision
    Lads what did I tell you about Magny, heart of gold what a performance to come back from that first round. No way in hell should it have gone to the third what a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads what did I tell you about Magny, heart of gold what a performance to come back from that first round. No way in hell should it have gone to the third what a disgrace.

Just finished watching the recording,end of that second round in magny fight,what the absolute ****,you could even hear the crowd wanted it I've,****ing brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision
    Also considering his coach bigging up his ability to win Abu Dhabi Lombard without a doubt should have taken Magnys back and sunk in a RNC.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

It was an entertaining finish but to me this was MMA at its worst: two washed up fat b@stards (especially Mir) a decade past their prime meeting in the octagon for what to me was a circus act. The extent to which Mir has let himself go in terms of his condition since 2010 is shocking yet he never fails to talk himself back into the octagon and take a good pasting when he's there. He must retire, it's now over.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Caught up on the main card action.

Bosse is a monster and I think could have a bright future at light heavyweight.

Daniel Kelly is a really likable guy. Huge victory for him.

Steve Perceval is a fúcking shít referee. How he let Lombard take that much punishment at the end of the second round boiled my blood when watching it this morning.
    For him to say to Lombard before the final round that "you need to protect yourself" is galling.

If he's not defending or improving his decision, it is your duty as a referee to end the fight. Prick.

---

Mark Hunt is cool as fúck.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Hunt via Decision
    Rewatched the Magny fight just there. Not impressed with him at all to be honest. Yes he did comeback from getting dominated in the first round and yes we all love a Rocky Balboa story but really he should have been finished in the first. Against an opponent with better fight IQ that didn't gas themselves throwing a foolish volume of strikes that weren't making much contact he would have been either finished or decisioned.

He also looks like he has absolutely no power. Looks really weak. Lombard is short and stocky and likes to throw down so his reach is a perfect weapon there but against someone closer to his size, say a 6footer with average reach he'd be found out. Can't see him going anywhere.

Hunt via Decision
    Lombard was inefficient with his energy rematch please Dana :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,205 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Random but remember that Rockhold vs Bisping card in Australia a couple of years back? Every fight on the card ended in a finish IIRC. :eek:
    Was in Sydney 18 months ago. Great event, was lucky enough to be at it.
    Axwell wrote: »
    What a ****ing joke, ref should have stopped that. Lombard wasnt defending himself at all.

I've had an issue with him for a while. He ref local fight too and has let that happen.

Check out Marc Goddard in the background, visibly distressed that it's not being stopped.
    30618b48669be8d53edea728596389ee.gif
    fc8821fd67917817b62bfafcc268dcc6.gif
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Hunt ko 2m56s upper cut walk off job.
    Bit of a joke of a fight in fairness, haven't met anyone who thought Mir had a chance.

Mir looks like he's in similar shape to me. Which is not a good thing. How he's still a HW top 10 speaks a lot about the division.

My missus said at the said of the fight. "Mir looks like he's gassed from the start. How is that possible"

If it starts becoming a thing there would be an issue. But Hunt was completely right here. He looked at Mir before he walked off. His hands were down and he was frozen stiff. The overhead camera shot above show how out of it he was. Not a bit of movement from Mir.

Bisping was completely different as he covered up instantly as he fell, and was actively defending and talking to the ref as soon as it stopped.
    It was an entertaining finish but to me this was MMA at its worst: two washed up fat b@stards (especially Mir) a decade past their prime meeting in the octagon for what to me was a circus act. The extent to which Mir has let himself go in terms of his condition since 2010 is shocking yet he never fails to talk himself back into the octagon and take a good pasting when he's there. He must retire, it's now over.

Agree completely regarding Mir.
    But can't for a second call Mark Hunt a washed up fat b@stard. Sure's he fat, so what. he's never going to have a 6 pack. He has only lost to top 3 opponents in the last 5 years. And he has the ability to put the all away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hunt via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    I've had an issue with him for a while. He ref local fight too and has let that happen.

Check out Marc Goddard in the background, visibly distressed that it's not being stopped.

With a ref like him its gonna end up that he lets a fight go too far and someone gets seriously injured there and then, never mind in the aftermath of taking all those unnecessary punches. Guy needs to have his license revoked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hunt via Decision
    940961_1101309349914094_2849662457903482325_n.jpg?oh=38f9f22205154d35bc311edfb823bf30&oe=5795DDEB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What a great event that was. The last few fight nights I have forwarded through in no time. Every fight in this was worth watching, and then some! Matthews is one heck of a talent, looking forward to seeing him fly up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

Hunt by KO 1st round was most likely outcome, let's be real here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,205 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hunt by KO 1st round was most likely outcome, let's be real here

Nobody said it wasn't tbh. It was favourite in the betting odds by a long way.
    Frank had a small window to take him down and sub him. His attempts were really bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Only caught uo with this tonight. Mir turned up in a disgraceful state. Without knowing the result, he looked gassed after about 45 seconds (without anything happening). Then there was the belly hanging down off his shorts.

And obviously the ref in the other fight was a disgrace. He was punching him non-stop for nearly a minute. I hope he isn't allowed near a fight again.

Advertisement