Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Mir

Options
  • 09-03-2016 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

86e802f0614bef884401febf6b506f95.png

Date: Saturday 19th March
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (10:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (12am, Fight Pass), Main Card (2am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Brisbane, Australia
    Odds: Hunt (8/13) vs Mir (6/4)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 38 votes

Hunt via KO/TKO
    0%
    Hunt via Decision
    84%
    blobertmailburnerjohnny_adidasxtal191shrapnel222phily2002HokiSimply Redcallaway92AxwellardinnCarrollershanec1928shocksyBrussels SproutMr. ManagerJJayooASOTPaully Dfinglashoop 32 votes
    Hunt via Submission
    5%
    Cocoonloudnoises89 2 votes
    Mir via KO/TKO
    0%
    Mir via Decision
    7%
    Dancorcripesonfridaystephenl15 3 votes
    Mir via Submission
    2%
    Go Tobban 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hunt via Decision
    I actually thought this card was this weekend despite typing "Saturday March 19th", so apologies for the way too early thread :o

Anyway, Lombard v Magny is a very interesting fight. Also, I didn't know Scoggins had been booked again so soon after fighting last month. I really enjoyed his fight against Borg so I'm looking forward to this one against Nguyen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's quite a leg reach advantage Hunt has over Mir!!

I wonder if Scooooogggiinnns fan will be in the crowd too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's quite a leg reach advantage Hunt has over Mir!!

Hunt is only fighting midgets. ..Sorry I couldn't resist. Cheers Paully!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hunt via Decision
    Scoggins is a beast his last win was one of the most impressive ive seen all year,Hope Magny beats that cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah a Pauly fight card thread, just feels right! Like all my Mir picks, gonna go with a Mir win by sub. I know in reality he will stand and bang and most likely be KO'd but he has got some nice KO's lately. I just miss the old Frank, love watching him work his jitsu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hunt via Decision
    This poll will close on 20-03-2016 at 22:43

I'm mostly excited about this. All the I-told-you-so's coming out the woodwork after the fight will be a thing of the past.

Paully, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hunt via Decision
    "Australian, Mark Hunt"

Jaysus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Hunt via Decision
    I'm a bit confused.. Is the fight Saturday morning or Sunday morning? As in, will I be staying up Friday or Saturday night if I want to watch this? :o

Hunt via Decision
    I'm a bit confused.. Is the fight Saturday morning or Sunday morning? As in, will I be staying up Friday or Saturday night if I want to watch this? :o

Saturday night mate.

It's on Sunday over in Australia, late Saturday night/extremely early Sunday morning for us.

Hunt via Decision
    Took me till wednesday to get my sleeping back to normal after staying up for press conferences ect for 196 think ill give this one a miss live.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Took me till wednesday to get my sleeping back to normal after staying up for press conferences ect for 196 think ill give this one a miss live.

Amateur. :P

Hunt via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Amateur. :P

Feck off ive not missed an event live in donkeys :pac:

Im not really desperate to see anyone on the card either Hunt is a legend but outside of that all I wanna see is Scoggins,hoping that cheat lombard gets bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision
    I ended up staying in my mates drinking until Monday morning the body still isn't right, no way will I be staying up for this! I taught Oz cards were usually am our time as in like 7/8 I remember watching them at breakfast, or I could be compleatly wrong.

ASOT wrote: »
    I ended up staying in my mates drinking until Monday morning the body still isn't right, no way will I be staying up for this! I taught Oz cards were usually am our time as in like 7/8 I remember watching them at breakfast, or I could be compleatly wrong.

Drinking Monday morning from the fight Sat night?!?

Hunt via Decision
    Drinking Monday morning from the fight Sat night?!?

Yeah, never again. Thank baby jesus I had a few days off work. Heading to vegas in 8 weeks so that was the blow out.

Yeah, never again. Thank baby jesus I had a few days off work. Heading to vegas in 8 weeks so that was the blow out.

Absolute legend. Haha. I had to stop at 7am Sunday morning. That's fair going.

Hunt via Decision

They're 10 hours ahead in Brisbane so it probably has happened with Australian cards before. For example if a card kicked off at 5pm over there it would be 7am our time, but the UFC have it on early Sunday afternoon over there, same as the Ronda/Holm card. The first bout on that card kicked off at 10:15am in Australia, with the main event at 4pm :eek: Must be tough on the fighters from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    They're 10 hours ahead in Brisbane so it probably has happened with Australian cards before. For example if a card kicked off at 5pm over there it would be 7am our time, but the UFC have it on early Sunday afternoon over there, same as the Ronda/Holm card. The first bout on that card kicked off at 10:15am in Australia, with the main event at 4pm :eek: Must be tough on the fighters from abroad.

Australian cards have always on at the normal UFC time. Early morning, 10am-12pm start. As in the same time as a US PPV airs in Australia.
    Should make no difference to the time from an irish perspective.

Not sure about the fighters, but from a fan's perspective it feels completely normal.

Hunt via Decision
    Trujillo & Scoggins both off the card. Trujillo has visa issues and can't make the flight, absolute amature hour by the ufc, he was never going to get a visa due to his criminal record. Scoggins is injured apparently, bummer hopefully they can get a replacement for Ben he's a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hunt via Decision
    TUF Nations winner Chad Laprise in to fight Pearson now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

TUF Nations winner Chad Laprise in to fight Pearson now.

Woah, how did that happen? Trujilo injured?

EDIT: Sorry just saw ASOT's post now.

Hunt via Decision
    FFS. I was looking forward to seeing Scoggins again. I retain hope now that they'll give him Smolka next however. :)

Laprise is a tough fight for Ross on such short notice. Though both fought Trinaldo recently with Pearson bringing him to a decision while he KO'd Laprise. Ross has also tended to rotate wins and losses over the last few years so he's a due a win next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Trujillo & Scoggins both off the card. Trujillo has visa issues and can't make the flight, absolute amature hour by the ufc, he was never going to get a visa due to his criminal record. Scoggins is injured apparently, bummer hopefully they can get a replacement for Ben he's a good lad.

Ben's fight is scrapped.
    Currently looking for a last minute opponent for Alan Patrick.

Hunt via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Ben's fight is scrapped.
    Currently looking for a last minute opponent for Alan Patrick.

Gutted he's a legend. Still can't believe they didn't realise abel wouldn't get a visa, amature stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

Hunt by KO, easily

Ross Pearson and Chad Laprise agree to ditch the weight cut fight at welterweight for their fight.

https://twitter.com/RossTheRealDeal/status/708529512032538624

https://twitter.com/ChadLaprise/status/708530027764166656

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Frank said he's been really working on his leg locks lately and "If Hunt doesn't tap, I will end his career". War Frank (scary bastard) Mir

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just noticed the graphic has Mir with 0" legs.

No way is he getting leg locked.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Frank said he's been really working on his leg locks lately and "If Hunt doesn't tap, I will end his career". War Frank (scary bastard) Mir

Usually whenever Frank comes out with "I've been working on..." before a fight, it's a load of bollox. Cardio, Striking, getting big enough to beat Lesnar.

But leg locks and submissions in general is old school Mir and what he has needed to get back to for a long time. Interesting.

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Ross Pearson and Chad Laprise agree to ditch the weight cut fight at welterweight for their fight.

Man, I love Pearson. He's far from the best, but there's not many tougher.

Advertisement