Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs Mir

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hunt via Decision
    I met Pearson (i had a few on me) all I could think of asking him was ''Whats it like getting kicked by Edson Barboza?'' :rolleyes: Still feel like a prick to this day for that,great bloke he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote: »
    I met Pearson (i had a few on me) all I could think of asking him was ''Whats it like getting kicked by Edson Barboza?'' :rolleyes: Still feel like a prick to this day for that,great bloke he is.

Haha. What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hunt via Decision

Hahaha that's what happened with me and Porier I felt terrible asking him what it felt like to have his head used like a basket ball, he just kept laughing so it was alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hunt via Decision
    Ross is a top man. No idea how he pulled Kristie mind, but he'd probably tell you the same thing. :pac:

Hunt via Decision
    Haha. What did he say?

Ah he laughed awkwardly and moved along my mate only reminded me the next day I felt awful hes a sound chap,he comes to fight wouldnt like a left hook off him,
    ASOT wrote: »
    Hahaha that's what happened with me and Porier I felt terrible asking him what it felt like to have his head used like a basket ball, he just kept laughing so it was alright.

Ah thats terrible asking poor dustin that :pac: he was a gent I met him in his hotel the night he found out his fight was cancelled and he was a gent himself and Mike Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hunt via Decision
    Anyone on SKY want free Setanta for a month? You'll get this card for free with it.

Limited to the first 2016 people to sign up.
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/boioffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

Hunt by KO first round, then Travis Browneye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Hunt by KO first round, then Travis Browneye

Mir, Kneebar, within 2 minutes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

John_D80 wrote: »
    Mir, Kneebar, within 2 minutes. :D

he won't takedown fresh Hunt, only if he gasses. And in last fights Mir has improved his stand up skills, so i think Mir will stand with Hunt and gets KO'd in first

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

he won't takedown fresh Hunt, only if he gasses.
    Why do you think that? Hunt hasn't exactly got elite wrestling.
    Besides he doesn't need to take Humt down to leg lock him.

Mir will get a tagged a few times, then goes for an imanari roll. It ends there, either Hunt pounds him out or Mir gets the heel hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anybody else think Pearson is undervalued verses Laprise. Wouldn't have put him as the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hunt via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Anybody else think Pearson is undervalued verses Laprise. Wouldn't have put him as the dog.

Yep, I do. It stood out to me when searching through the odds. You never know what you're going to get from Ross but I'd certainly have him as the favourite here. Most analysts seem to fancy Pearson here too. I'll be having a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nothing says "this is going to be a long night" like Jon Anik commentating on fights.

Hunt via Decision
    Not great from Patrick there imo, expected better considering Brown was a last minute replacement. Would have expected a finish atleast.

Hunt via Decision
    He must be one of the worst fighters in the game with a 13-1 record.

To be honest, his body was probably all over the place given that he only made his way to the Octagon at 9am local time.

Hunt via Decision
    Ross Ko rd 2 3m45s mark left hook.

Hunt via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    To be honest, his body was probably all over the place given that he only made his way to the Octagon at 9am local time.

Fairly ridiculous, the last Stockholm event was the opposite they went into the octagon at like 1am local time, fairly poxy on the fighters.

Hunt via Decision
    Pearson won the battle of the walkout songs now it's just the fight left to win.

ASOT wrote: »
    Fairly ridiculous, the last Stockholm event was the opposite they went into the octagon at like 1am local time, fairly poxy on the fighters.

But sure the US audience is all that matters :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hunt via Decision
    Ross is a winner no matter what - his missus

https://twitter.com/kristiejpearson/status/657929243138084864

Hunt via Decision
    Ross is a winner no matter what - his missus

https://twitter.com/kristiejpearson/status/657929243138084864

Oh my.

Hunt via Decision
    Laprise will be crippled by the end of this fight if he keeps eating those inside leg kicks.

Perason is very polished in this fight. Love the way he's disguising that leg kick by faking a jab. Beautiful stand up.

19-19 for me but it's a really close fight.

Hunt via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    19-19 for me but it's a really close fight.

Great fight, have Pearson edging it myself if it stays like this but would imagine it'll be a split.

As soon as I say that he starts getting tagged, really enjoyable fight.

Havnt a clue who won that now.

Hunt via Decision
    Good fight I think Pearsons aggressiveness might nick it for him.

29-28 for Laprise on my card.

What a great fight though.

Hunt via Decision
    Gamebred spot on I'd day his aggressiveness got it, mad scoring though 30-27 is outrageous

• Advertisement

Some strange scores there. All 3 judges scoring 3 rounds clearly for both fighters? Odd.

Advertisement