Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30 Transfer Thread - Battling the Blanks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So now I have a decision with Yaya acting the ball locks.

My plan was to bring Firmino in for him after this GW. I can still do that, I have Adam Smith on the bench who comes in and I still have 11 players. I havent used my transfer this week, so I can bring Sterling in for Yaya and then do Sterling->Firmino next week. So, my dilemma is keep the transfer and have 2 next week and start Smith, or bring in Sterling now and then do the swap next GW.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

keano_afc wrote: »

My plan was to bring Firmino in for him after this GW. I can still do that, I have Adam Smith on the bench who comes in and I still have 11 players. I havent used my transfer this week, so I can bring Sterling in for Yaya and then do Sterling->Firmino next week. So, my dilemma is keep the transfer and have 2 next week and start Smith, or bring in Sterling now and then do the swap next GW.

Thoughts?

Start smith if you have played your wildcard
    Transfer will be precious for DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

keano_afc wrote: »

Thoughts?

All depends on your WC situation really. I would save the transfer if you've already used WC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That yaya injury has killed me this week. I have 2 fts but reluctant to use both of them as I already have used my wildcard. So don't want to be taking out lads with doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That yaya injury has killed me this week. I have 2 fts but reluctant to use both of them as I already have used my wildcard. So don't want to be taking out lads with doubles.

tbh getting rid of Yaya may not be a bad thing. he's had a pretty sub-par season, and by the time the doubles roll around KDB should be back which will probably mean a deeper role for Yaya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll probably do Payet -> Silva and roll my transfer over and hope that my then 11 players might all play.

My GW30 "Prodston Punt" is:

Kelechi Iheanacho

manual_man wrote: »
    tbh getting rid of Yaya may not be a bad thing. he's had a pretty sub-par season, and by the time the doubles roll around KDB should be back which will probably mean a deeper role for Yaya

I'd prefer kdb for the double it's just all transfers are precious if u have used your wildcard. I'm debating playing 423 this week and rolling a transfer.

I'd prefer kdb for the double it's just all transfers are precious if u have used your wildcard. I'm debating playing 423 this week and rolling a transfer.

i got in Siggy for Yaya for -4, so i'll be able to field XI - though definitely with an eye on gw31 too with Siggy H to Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Friend & Foe:

My mate Matty was on the chopping board this week. I could lie and say I was holding my transfer until the midweek games passed, but the reality is that it was too hard to let him go.

After 11 glorious points last week, my old Foe has come back to bite me. Yaya is forcing a sideways transfer to Silva that would leave 11 players including Matty.

I'm not in the humour to transfer out Matty for a -4, there's a potential 15 point swing there :)
    So Matty, it's up to you kiddo, you've never let me down when I needed you most. I know you don't have an 11 pointer in you ever week, but this is your week.

Tldr: Yaya to Silva, leaving me with 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

km79 wrote: »
    Start smith if you have played your wildcard
    Transfer will be precious for DGW
    PARlance wrote: »
    All depends on your WC situation really. I would save the transfer if you've already used WC

I still have my WC, so the transfer wouldnt be a big deal. Will keep mulling it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got A.Williams in for Cedric as I didnt want to lose a player with him being rested again and Southampton have tough games coming up in next 2 GW before my WC.

Also means I don't have to worry about Arnie running riot! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Am I the only one with a "who should I play" dilemma this week?

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    Presume it's Williams yeah?

Shedite27 wrote: »

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    I have alder Fuchs willy smith AND Williams !
    Have to bench 2 !
    Current benching smith and Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shedite27 wrote: »

Need to bench one of....
    • Alderweireld (Villa A)
    • Kompany (Nor A)
    • Williams (Bou A)
    • Simpson (New H)
    I looked at the bookies odds re clean sheets for Dier, Smith, Williams, Fuchs and VVD, and Williams lost out. He's benched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yaya or Erikson in for Willian? I've two city and two Spurs already.

Dodged a bullet here! Didn't pull the trigger on either and with the Yaya news it's lucky! I decided too go ligard too winjilium (the Dutch lad who plays for Newcastle) hopefully the Rafa effect kicks him on a bit! Can't be a worse punt then Lingard was ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Made no sense bringing in Yaya before Today. Especially at this stage of the season where that extra 0.1 is getting less and less significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Silva, Siggy or Arnie that is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Made no sense bringing in Yaya before Today. Especially at this stage of the season where that extra 0.1 is getting less and less significant.

Yeah I'm a sucker for the early transfer as ye may know but no way I was doing anything before this evening at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭larchielads

When are the double game weeks?

When are the double game weeks?

we'll know alot more after this weekends' fa cup games

• Advertisement

I think I'll be doing yaya and lukaku to wijnaldum and kane. Means I can field 11. I have to get kane it's too risky to go without this week and then I really need to replace yaya with a player that plays this week and has a double as ive no wildcard. I don't have enough money for silva unfortunately.
    The other alternative is to just do lukaku to kane and play with 10. It would mean I'd be rolling a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think I'll be doing yaya and lukaku to wijnaldum and kane. Means I can field 11. I have to get kane it's too risky to go without this week and then I really need to replace yaya with a player that plays this week and has a double as ive no wildcard. I don't have enough money for silva unfortunately.
    The other alternative is to just do lukaku to kane and play with 10. It would mean I'd be rolling a transfer.

Just joining the thread now, I'm continuing to go without Kane as I'd prefer to hold Lukaku, I am gonna bring in Eriksen though for extra Spurs cover and I want to bring in Silva but I'm reading that he is not 100% sure of his place, could this be true????
    Oh and I'll be playing with 10 and a 4 point hit:o

Just joining the thread now, I'm continuing to go without Kane as I'd prefer to hold Lukaku, I am gonna bring in Eriksen though for extra Spurs cover and I want to bring in Silva but I'm reading that he is not 100% sure of his place, could this be true????
    I have debated yaya to eriksen and ake to kompany and play 532. Would mean holding lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Silva has been getting injections for his ankle, but I'd think he's safe until KDB and Nasri are back after international break

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Payet or Ozil out for.....

1FT & 0m ITB

Have 15 players to choose from including 2 goalies :D
    Team picks itself bar defenders though
    Playing 343 current order is
    Forster (Elliot)
    Alder Fuchs wolly (smith Williams)
    Tough call between wolly and smith but I think I have it right ?
    I'll puke if swabs game is nil all and saints isn't
    The results in those games will define my weekly score and possibly rest of season as I'm in a great position this week compared to those around me so MUST make ground
    Tempts to punt on Kane or even mahrez as captain but will prob stick with Aguero and hope the rest make up the ground for me
    I'm already 4/8 points ahead of most anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yaya injury leaves me down to 9 players this week.

Looking ahead if I don't make a transfer this week I can have a full squad of double gameweekers without using my wildcard for GW34.

Am I better to just take the hit this week and leave myself in the position of still having my WC for Gameweek 37 or should I bite the bullet now and bring in 1/2 players for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Went Firmino out, Siggy in with my FT.

Gives me the bare XI, but WC still in back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yaya injury leaves me down to 9 players this week.

Looking ahead if I don't make a transfer this week I can have a full squad of double gameweekers without using my wildcard for GW34.

Am I better to just take the hit this week and leave myself in the position of still having my WC for Gameweek 37 or should I bite the bullet now and bring in 1/2 players for this week?

My plan is for the late WC. I'm playing 9 this week and rolling a transfer. I would advise you to have a re-read of the double gameweek planning thread. The non-announcement of the revised fixture list for the DGWs before this GW would give me a bit more confidence in suggesting the late WC plan to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Dempsey wrote: »
    Payet or Ozil out for.....

1FT & 0m ITB

How many can you field this GW? Payet is a season keeper for me at this stage. I'd keep him on bench for this GW. Ozil, maybe Sanchez, I'm looking to bring in soon as Arsenal have very nice remaining fixtures.

Advertisement