Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stardew Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Finished the mines and am working getting maxed out coop and barn so I can get the neccessary materials to finish off the pantry in the community centre so I can then have a greenhouse for winter.

Also wifey just announced we will be having a baby soon, looking forward to putting them to work.

Have made several runs into the skull caves which are pretty difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Tehehe "It's strange, but the taste reminds you of Boobies"

Totally forgot I listed that as my favourite thing :D Nice to know I haven't grown up since my FF7 days of "Hey, aren't you Sexy?" Why yes yes I am!

For the record my four chicks in the game are Piglet, Duck, Goatly, and Piglet 2

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 1.1 update is out in the next month. Here is an interview that PC Gamer did with Eric Barone at Pax West.

New starting farm types (each focusing on different disciplines), new end game content, new things to make, new buildings, and new relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Havent gotten a full chance to give this my undivided attention but I do love the concept. Agree with a previous poster that I think it would be immense on a tablet. I think I've just gotten so used to playing that kind of game on some form of handheld!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The massive 1.1 patch is out now. New features (not including balance changes or bug fixes):
    Changelog

- Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
    - Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
    - You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
    * Standard Farm - The original Stardew Valley farm.
    * Riverland Farm - Lots of water, good for fishing.
    * Forest Farm - Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
    * Hill-top Farm - Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
    * Wilderness Farm - Monsters spawn at night.
    - "Shed" building... An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
    - "Mill" building... Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
    - A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new "magical construction" feature available from the Wizard's Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
    - Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. "Junimo Hut" building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
    - "Earth Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
    - "Water Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
    - "Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
    - You can now move your buildings via Robin's construction menu.
    - New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the "cask" crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
    - "Iridium-star" level quality is now attainable for goods, fruit, and forage items (if you have the botanist perk). Iridium-star level items have twice the value of normal items.
    - NPC's now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they "like" or "love".
    - Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
    - 5 Coffee beans can be added to a Keg to make coffee.
    - Honey can be placed in a keg to make mead.
    - Void eggs can be placed in mayonnaise machines to make void mayonnaise.
    - 2 new fish, "Void Salmon" and "Slimejack"
    - You can now choose to color your chests with one of 20 color options.
    - Evil Shrines, where you can make offerings in exchange for dark magic.
    - Divorce. You can file from a little book in mayor's house.
    - You can now wallpaper the little hallways in your upgraded house.
    - When you beat Journey Of The Prairie King, you can now start over in a harder mode, keeping your upgrades and coins.
    - 2 new "Lost Books"
    - Krobus now sells a "Return Scepter"... a tool which acts as a permanent warp totem to the farm.
    - Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous.
    - Pierre now sells a "Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
    - Robin now sells a "Furniture Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.
    - If you’ve found the Galaxy Sword, you can now buy another from Marlon.
    - You can also buy the Galaxy Dagger and Galaxy Hammer.
    - Slime balls have a chance to drop petrified slime
    - Added a graphics option to display “sharper” stack number digits.
    - You can once again plant fruit trees around the edge of the Greenhouse interior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

As a reasonably newcomer to this game, I have no idea what most of those updates are. Looking forward to them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Started a new game last night thanks. Just out of bed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ive been up since seven playing this for the first time. Now its just me and the land.

I gave this a few minutes of my time a while back and found it quite enjoyable but adult mammy life took over.
    Feeling like I should really launch it back up, but on the other hand I feel like I'd like to keep my kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I gave this a few minutes of my time a while back and found it quite enjoyable but adult mammy life took over.
    Feeling like I should really launch it back up, but on the other hand I feel like I'd like to keep my kids :D
    You need to setup some sort of autofeeder :pac:

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You need to setup some sort of autofeeder :pac:

If anyone hears of a neglect case where a mother scattered corn on her living room floor expecting it to feed her kids for three days, y'all will know it was me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    If anyone hears of a neglect case where a mother scattered corn on her living room floor expecting it to feed her kids for three days, y'all will know it was me :D

51Cma4It8XL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fill it with skittles or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Game can get highly addictive. Was cut off from broadband last weekend so decided to jump back into this.
    I played an insane amount of hours from Friday - Sunday seeing as I had little else to do. Great little game when you just want to chill out.
    Although the mines at 90+ can start to get a bit stressful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Noxin wrote: »
    Game can get highly addictive. Was cut off from broadband last weekend so decided to jump back into this.
    I played an insane amount of hours from Friday - Sunday seeing as I had little else to do. Great little game when you just want to chill out.
    Although the mines at 90+ can start to get a bit stressful :P
    Just build some laddars and you will be sorted ;)

Gave it a go after getting in the humble bundle...

I didn't think it was my kind of game. I played Harvest Moon on the gameboy as a child but thought it was poor enough and devoid of features. I still played it tons because I didn't know better. The idea of a farming simulator didn't really excite me to a huge degree.

Wow this is addicting. I thought I'd become completely jaded with single player games but I have to echo what everyone is saying here, I almost want to call in sick to work and binge this for a few days. I'm mostly staying away from wikis and want to discover it on my own. I have no interest in finding a spouse though. There is something about courting in video games that just doesn't sit right with me. I'm currently role playing the anti social farmer who sleeps non-stop. I'll probably get into that more as time goes own but right now there's so much other stuff I want to do.

I do wish there was a slight multiplayer aspect to it. I would like to be able to visit my friends farm to see how they are getting on. Nothing more than that. I'm very competitive by nature :pac:

"Partyjungle Equipped: Iridium Petrol Can"

Was multiplayer not added in the last patch no? I must be mistaken.

I'm not really an achievement hunter anymore so once I got to the stage my farm was taking in 500-600k gold in a month, and I didn't have space for more animals or Wine Kegs I lost interest.

Though I did really enjoy my 30hrs from it.

Have many played past 30 or 40hrs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"Partyjungle Equipped: Iridium Petrol Can"

Was multiplayer not added in the last patch no? I must be mistaken.

I'm not really an achievement hunter anymore so once I got to the stage my farm was taking in 500-600k gold in a month, and I didn't have space for more animals or Wine Kegs I lost interest.

Though I did really enjoy my 30hrs from it.

Have many played past 30 or 40hrs?

How did you get that much per month :eek:?

How did you get that much per month :eek:?

Huge blueberry and Strawberry farm, turn all gold quality berries into wine. I have like 120 Kegs running at any given time, and a heap of Crystallariums spawning diamonds.

I ended up with more berries than I could turn to wine so I sold about half of them.

Mayonnaise and cheese farming is also quite profitable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's more fun when you don't just max profit like that, then the game is just over. Just build your farm however and enjoy it.

• Advertisement

It's more fun when you don't just max profit like that, then the game is just over. Just build your farm however and enjoy it.

Indeed, I come from a farming background so maybe I just didn't enjoy it so much because of that, I went pure strategy about my second summer and gave up around Spring 3rd Year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Indeed, I come from a farming background so maybe I just didn't enjoy it so much because of that, I went pure strategy about my second summer and gave up around Spring 3rd Year
    I got to the bottom of the dungeon/caves and felt I'd done enough.

I love that I can play this and throw on some documentary in the background or catch up on some new albums. So relaxing and doesn't require your undivided attention.

I want to get sprinklers asap as I'm fed up with watering manually but need to get to level 40 in the mine to get iron ores.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah yeah I understand, I have a tendency to be like that too (I went for blueberries etc), I'm currently trying to court that little blue haired minx, it's a fun game, would love some kinda online play and world

Ah yeah I understand, I have a tendency to be like that too (I went for blueberries etc), I'm currently trying to court that little blue haired minx, it's a fun game, would love some kinda online play and world

Emily <3 She was my waifu

lel. I just restarted a game a few days ago. Was only at Winter of year 1 anyway but hadn't played in ages.
    Emily is my choice this round too.
    Addictive damn game. That's for sure. Imma concentrate less on making huge profits this time and just try to build up a decent looking place. It's a great chillout game. I always have some sort of tv series on in the background when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Lucky for you (and all of us!) is that multiplayer is coming later this year!

Lucky for you (and all of us!) is that multiplayer is coming later this year!

Curious how multiplayer will work....

How will the day / night cycle work if not everyone is ready.
    How will sales work if we don't just use the box.
    I assume the maps will be a log bigger.
    I look forward to it either way.

• Advertisement

Lost a massive amount of crops between seasons :(

Advertisement