Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Whisky/Whiskey are we drinking this month?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ScottCapper

hennessy or jameson for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Have u tried kilbeggan or tulamore dew maybe also
    Hennessy and Baileys nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Try Jameson Crested or Jameson Caskmates Stout if you haven't already tried them.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

GY A1 wrote: »

i have not just looking for whiskey to drink straight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you're near Dublin city get into the Celtic Whiskey Shop for some Park Cognac.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Cognac-Park/cognac-park-vsop

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    If you're near Dublin city get into the Celtic Whiskey Shop for some Park Cognac.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Cognac-Park/cognac-park-vsop

I’m not but might order online cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Was in the mood for something peaty after work, Bowmore 12 is all I have in stock at the moment but I'm not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Getting the ferry on Saturday to Roscoff,holidaying in France. Bought the Chita last year on the ferry and was left underwhelmed by it. Sipping green spot now and like it, anything similar Japanese or just stay with what I know?

So it turned out the selection on the Pont Aven was poor enough, or else I've most of them drank( I have). Stopped at 2 "La Caves" but couldn't decide and ended up buying RB12 for 40euro on the boat home. And a cheeky Morgan's Spiced litre for 13euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I see Macallan have dropped the NAS and reverted back to the normal.

The 12 is some drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Had a glass of knappogue castle the other day. Distilled in 1951 and bottled after 36 years in 1987. Sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,071 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A whiskey newletter in Australia is giving away 4 bottle of GlenDronach.
    Not a bad prize at all. Not sure if it's open to ROI, but *snip* Here is the entry link[/URL]
    (Full disclosure, that's a referral link)

1st Prize: The GlenDronach 26 yo Single Cask #392 - RRP $700, 2 x Glencairn glasses

2nd Prize: The GlenDronach 21 yo Parliament - RRP $250, 1 x Glencairn glass

3rd Prize: The GlenDronach 12 yo Original - RRP $90, 1 x Glencairn glass

4th Prize: The GlenDronach Peated -RRP $85, 1 x Glencairn glass

Mod: Referral links need to be posted in this forum. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1849

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Glendronach probably my fav scotch. The Celtic Whiskey shop are out of stock and they're no longer the main distributor of it. Awful shame.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hogzy wrote: »
    Was browsing Rum online and found a familiar bottle:

Literally the exact same (bar the label obviously) as Redbreast Dream Cask 20 Year PX. Thought I struck gold :o

486132.jpg

Looks similar, but the dream Cask bottles are 500ml!!

Mellor wrote: »
    Mod: Referral links need to be posted in this forum. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1849
    Won’t open on phone so not really sure what your getting at.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mellor wrote: »
    Won’t open on phone so not really sure what your getting at.

There's a specific forum for referrals codes like you posted, you're not allowed to post them in any forum other than that - mostly because the people who spam them usually don't let you know when something is a referral.

This is the "mobile" url: https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1849

There's a specific forum for referrals codes like you posted, you're not allowed to post them in any forum other than that - mostly because the people who spam them usually don't let you know when something is a referral.
    I think whoever edited my post misunderstood. I was posting the link to enter the competition. I figure free whiskey is of interest.
    I don’t really want half the site entering tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Cazale wrote: »
    Had a glass of knappogue castle the other day. Distilled in 1951 and bottled after 36 years in 1987. Sublime.

Nice! Anything to compare it to or is it totally unique?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Wailin wrote: »
    Nice! Anything to compare it to or is it totally unique?

Exact same as Proper 12! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

i have not just looking for whiskey to drink straight

Am I missing something? Hennessy isn't whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Exact same as Proper 12! :D

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Whiskey Eire

Had a go of The Irishman Marsala cask finish the other day in Garavans in Galway City.

Some drop that one if you are into the syrupy sweet end of whiskeys with backend peppery notes. I can see why the bottles sold out quickly with that one. Anyone tried it?

Priced a drop of DC2 in there too. 85 euro a measure now... Up from 65 to begin with supposedly.

Read the question again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Read the question again

I did. It asked Jameson (whiskey) or Hennessy (not whiskey) in the 'what whiskey' thread. Therefore Jameson was the correct answer. QED

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Read the question again

The poster followed up his question about Hennessy or Jameson with a statement that he was "looking for whiskey to drink straight".

This suggests he's not aware that Hennessy isn't whiskey, hence my confusion.

My reading comprehension is fine. Yours could do with a bit of work though.

The poster followed up his question about Hennessy or Jameson with a statement that he was "looking for whiskey to drink straight".

Good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Wow lads, arguing with strangers on the internet over the interpretation of a question. C'mon, yer better than that!

That was my interpretation of it too FWIW. Was focused on other confusion at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It might be the Irish sounding name of Hennessy that causes confusion to the unfamiliar.

If you found yourself at a party and they had no whiskey, but they had a bottle of Hennessy lying around, you should definitely try it as an alternative...
    iirc Irish pot still whiskey's boom time was in the late 19th century, when the phyloxera pest destroyed France's vineyards and there was a shortage of brandy, cognac etc and Irish whiskey took over as the main late Victorian 'post prandial' or after dinner drink :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just to add a bit of confusion to the discussion, there is actually a Hennessy Whiskey, very rare but it was made..

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/hennessy+geanna+pure+malt+whisky+ireland

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Hennessy-Na-Geanna-Irish-Malt-Whiskey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wonder about its rarity against the other bad cross branding attempt from Bailey's

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/baileys-irish-whiskey

Proving rarity is more important than quality for price!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement