Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lads its a shame but I'd take this than losing on Saturday. 3 points is a must to push us away from Arsenal. Arsenal losing takes the pressure off slightly.

Leicester fans must be getting giddy.

Lol at West Ham though. Looking like they've just won a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Disapointing, those are the games you need to win to be Champions. Move on to Arsenal game I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Overall team effort was very poor. Bilic was very clever with the tactics.

Ref was a homer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

West Ham were good, but there's no excuse for how bad we've been tonight. Kane was awful today, but it wasn't helped by how bad out midfield was. They did nothing of note, and Chadli and Lamela were really bad. We really miss Dembele.

I really hope this is just a blip during a tough derby game, and not the players letting the pressure get to them.

Glebee wrote: »
    Disapointing, those are the games you need to win to be Champions. Move on to Arsenal game I guess.

Its not though. We're playing our rivals who haven't lost at their ground since the third game of the season. We've come off a 6 straight win run.

We can still win the league if we beat Arsenal on saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Very disappointed with how we played - a little bit bullied tonight. Kane not on it at all, the broken nose/mask effecting him hugely. Must win now Saturday. Huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye we have to win on Sunday, we can absorb tonight as Leicester drew, but lose to the Arse and its going to be very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spursfan111

Ryan Mason did a great impression of the invisible man....not up to it at this level....unfortunately Davies had his worst game in a spurs shirt but to be fair Antonio is a handful....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sh1te happens lads. Disappointed to concede an early goal, if we had held out a bit longer I could have seen a 0-0 and been happy with that.

At least the players fought to the end, the desire was rmtill there but the ball just seemed to alway bounce west hams way.

Even if we lose Saturday there's still a lot of games left.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye we have to win on Sunday, we can absorb tonight as Leicester drew, but lose to the Arse and its going to be very tough.

Saturday :)

• Advertisement

I think yous are been a bit hard on some of the players lads.

Agreed on the comments about Kane and his mask ( prob worried about fighting undertaker at the upcoming wrestlemania anyone, huh, huh)

I'd be worried that the number of games recently is starting to takes its toll. I was reading a few threads from the back end of last season and we really hit a brick wall last March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Leicster away to Watford on sat. They draw. We beat arse. One point in it. Two teams in the title race. Sorted lads no worries ��

tom1ie wrote: »
    Leicster away to Watford on sat. They draw. We beat arse. One point in it. Two teams in the title race. Sorted lads no worries ��

This would be ideal. If we lose against Arsenal then personally I think that's the title shot over.

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/705145075337195521

Petr Cech injured himself going forward for a corner. Looks like a hammy

Stolen from main soccer forum. Great bit of news if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we were much improved in the 2nd half after a poor first half performance

Saturday is massively massive - Win that and we're back on track

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Players looked very very tired tonight,.

Slavan got his game plan working from the off.

Thay chased us all over the pitch and played balls into the channels behind our full backs and snapped the heels off our midfielders.

They ratteled us and never let us put a good passing game together.

Kane looks very tired.

Rest and recover for Arsenal match the weekend, win that and we turn into a two horse race, us and Leicester.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Silver lining to the night
    "Petr Cech huge doubt for Tottenham clash after injury in miserable Swansea defeat"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tonight was never going to be an easy 3 points I suppose. At least Arsenal lost as well. Win on Saturday and our hopes are up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Silver lining to the night
    "Petr Cech huge doubt for Tottenham clash after injury in miserable Swansea defeat"

Let's hope we get scoring opps on Saturday to worry the keeper:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Koshelny out for NLD too

• Advertisement

Best case scenario "it just wasn't our night"
    Worst case scenario - players are starting to tire.

On the positive side arsenal have been awful recently and they have more injuries.

When is Dembele back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

When is Dembele back.

He should be back for Arsenal game

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Best case scenario "it just wasn't our night"
    Worst case scenario - players are starting to tire.

On the positive side arsenal have been awful recently and they have more injuries.

When is Dembele back.

Poch said two weeks. I reckon he will be back around next Sunday.We are badly missing him. Mason was an invisible man today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

When is Dembele back.

Hopefully for Sat, not heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Could have been a lot worse tonight but for other results,we're still in the title hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

The highs an da lows. Saturday morning we'l all be buzzing again. Just hope we are experiencing de high afterwards. Leicester away to Watford,, no gimme!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

What was the reason for not starting Rose today? Not sure if there was a genuine reason he wasn't starting but I'd have him in the team any day over Davies. As soon as I saw the team sheet, I knew it'd be hard to grind out a result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

irishmover wrote: »

Lol at West Ham though. Looking like they've just won a trophy.
    God forbid we celebrate a hard fought win in the last of these derbies to be played at the Boleyn Ground (against genuine title contenders no less) while at the same time moving to within a point of fourth place.

Still think ye will win the title. Arsenal don't seem to want it. Man City look like they're gone. Can see Leicester slipping up in the run in (think we could possibly get a win the there). I think it'd be best for ye to play the kids against Dortmund though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

God forbid we celebrate a hard fought win in the last of these derbies to be played at the Boleyn Ground (against genuine title contenders no less) while at the same time moving to within a point of fourth place.

Still think ye will win the title. Arsenal don't seem to want it. Man City look like they're gone. Can see Leicester slipping up in the run in (think we could possibly get a win the there). I think it'd be best for ye to play the kids against Dortmund though.

honestly congrats , west ham deserved the win.
    nothing wrong with celebrating such an important derby win .

hopefully you can edge out manu for the last champs lge spot if not better ,
    west ham have been epic to watch this season for the neutrals :)
    i have a soft spot for them myself.
    only saving grace tonight is arse and city both loosing too,
    fingers crossed we get the win sat v the gunners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    honestly congrats , west ham deserved the win.
    nothing wrong with celebrating such an important derby win .

hopefully you can edge out manu for the last champs lge spot if not better ,
    west ham have been epic to watch this season for the neutrals :)
    i have a soft spot for them myself.
    only saving grace tonight is arse and city both loosing too,
    fingers crossed we get the win sat v the gunners.

Would that "soft spot" be a nice moist bog hole?

Advertisement