Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭

_88501779_61234796-33de-4b43-b3d6-6c9b62679e97.jpg

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

West Ham have won only three of the last 17 Premier League meetings (W3, D3, L11).
    There have been three red cards in the last two encounters at the Boleyn Ground.

West Ham are unbeaten in 13 league and cup games at home (W8, D5).

Spurs could win seven successive league matches for the first time in 49 years since March to May 1967.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

On one hand im very wary of this match....Oooooh West Ham are flying...
    But last i saw, so are we!!!!

We are absolutely dominating teams lately albeit not scoring lots of goals....

There is a hiding coming soon.....

Other than Payet, who else would you take from them??

We are not chasing Europa league spot this time around lads, its the TITLE we are chasing !!!!!!

Im putting it out there now....

West Ham 1 3 Spurs.

Audere Est Facere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

As title contenders we have to win this!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm also a little worried. West Ham are playing well, and they are a strong side. Saying that, we are playing as well as we've ever played, and i think we'll get at least a draw tonight. If we play the way we know we can, we'll win it by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm also a little worried. West Ham are playing well, and they are a strong side. Saying that, we are playing as well as we've ever played, and i think we'll get at least a draw tonight. If we play the way we know we can, we'll win it by 2.

This is what comforts me most before each game this season. If we play our game we will win.

Its so refreshing knowing that the players will be tuned in every game aswel. No one going hiding or looking for excuses ie the ref and no one concentrating on getting the opponents booked or sent off instead of focusing on their game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm pretty worried about this game. Could almost see us winning on Saturday more easily than this one.

Winston Reid is out I think, he's their best defender, so that gives us hope.

Payet is the obvious dangerman, but Lanzini is quality too, and Antonio is on a great run of form.

Hope we rest Alli for this. Maybe bring him off the bench if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Jesus, now that Leicester dropped points and we go top if we win I feel a little bit of pressure as if every other team's eyes are on us - and I will just be sitting on the couch watching the match. I wonder how the lads on the pitch will feel.

I'd be happy with a point if we beat Arsenal on Saturday.

If we win tonight in what will definitely be a battle of a match, then we have shown our players not only have the talent that's needed to win the league, but also the heart and head.

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I heard in a few places alli is out, but nothing on here. Anyone know? And is dembele back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

Imaging if we win tonight and win at the weekend :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Alli being out wouldnt be as important as it was 2/3 months ago. Ericksen has been playing so well the last 4/5 games.

Also it may help to have mason/dembele in the middle for this kind of game

I've heard he's a doubt with a foot injury. Apparently he was limping when leaving the stadium on Sunday. Dembele is still out apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

'massive game' is an huge understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If both are missing will make it a very difficult night. All the same I believe in this squad and whoever comes in will do a job, like a kid at Christmas before every game at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm a believer. Spurs to win 3-1

Lloris

Trippier - Alderwiereld - Wimmer - Davies

Dier - Mason

Lamela - Eriksen - Son/Chadli?

Kane

I'd give Chadli a start after how well he's played the last few games. I'd also stick with Rose, as he's been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Lloris

Trippier - Alderwiereld - Wimmer - Davies

Dier - Mason

Lamela - Eriksen - Son/Chadli?

Kane

Spot on DP

I'd probably go for Chadders over Son, as he's in good scoring form, and Son is a good impact sub.

Mason could be a real player for us in the closing stages of the season, he's fresh and up for a battle, and I think he has more footballing ability than he's given credit for.

Ormus wrote: »
    Mason could be a real player for us in the closing stages of the season, he's fresh and up for a battle, and I think he has more footballing ability than he's given credit for.

I think this could be a match made for Mason. A London derby, he'll need to stick his foot in and get about the West Ham midfield - particularly Noble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Ormus wrote: »
    Spot on DP

I'd probably go for Chadders over Son, as he's in good scoring form, and Son is a good impact sub.

I prefer Son to start. He is a real workhorse who runs defenders ragged but doesn't always deliver an end-product other than exhausted defenders for Chadli's more icy veins to exploit later on. If Chadli was to start I would prefer it was Lamela to go. He is much better than he was but I am still not convinced. If Mourinho hadn't hijackd our Willian deal we would be home and hosed already.

Whoever starts, the way West Ham will come at us will suit far better than some of the more timid teams who are parking the bus. Never been as nervous before a midweek game or as excited by the NLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

That stat about 7 league wins is wrong. We won more than that consecutively surely in 2011/12 season? In fact I think it was 8.

Can't give away free kicks tonight- Payet is lethal.

Who will be our Paul Staltieri tonight I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

they are a fairly big physical team.......we just knock the ball around them, they'll tire and BOOOOM

6-0.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

So this is what it feels like when your nervous about winning a game where you will go top of the league......... a win here would be absolutely massive before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

ziedth wrote: »
    So this is what it feels like when your nervous about winning a game where you will go top of the league......... a win here would be absolutely massive before the weekend.

I got a phone call to say it would be the first time Spurs were top of the league in March since 1964....:eek::eek::eek:

As we are the early game on Saturday we have two chances to make it with 3 points or more. Even if it was only for a few hours we would all have time to make a screen grab of the table!!!!

I'm like a child before Christmas. Santa, I hope it isn't a bag of soot, I have been weally weally good for 52 ****ing years ya bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Anyone knows what channel its on?

Bloody Stillhouse in Limerick showing Liverpool v Citeh and Man U v Watford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anyone knows what channel its on?

Bloody Stillhouse in Limerick showing Liverpool v Citeh and Man U v Watford.

It's not on unless you have USA streams. I'll get it on NBC sports network

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It's not on unless you have USA streams. I'll get it on NBC sports network

Cheers. I should be able to get NBC Sports of Mobdro.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

best of luck spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

COYS!

Well here we go, two of our biggest ever games begins with a trip to an old enemy in the final Derby at their historic ground, a win here followed up by a win against the oldest of enemies at the weekend and we will be set fair to win a first title since 1960/61. Never been this nervous before.....
    COYS!

Me nerves. I'd take a draw and a win on Sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

#thfc line-up: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Dier, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli; Kane

Advertisement