Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon launching Unlimited Card

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea I heard some where it's €19.99 a month without Dublin Cinemas and €21.99 with Dublin cinemas included as they're a lot of Dublin Cinemas you can choose to use it in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea I heard some where it's €19.99 a month without Dublin Cinemas and €21.99 with Dublin cinemas included as they're a lot of Dublin Cinemas you can choose to use it in.

I don't know about anyone one else but living in Dublin myself I can't see me using any of the other Odeons besides my local one. The very odd time maybe but chances are I'd be using it in the same cinema 99% of the time but I have to pay extra just because I live in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I don't know about anyone one else but living in Dublin myself I can't see me using any of the other Odeons besides my local one. The very odd time maybe but chances are I'd be using it in the same cinema 99% of the time but I have to pay extra just because I live in Dublin?

I imagine it has to do with the fact running a business in Dublin is far more expensive than elsewhere in Ireland. Commercial rents are insane in Dublin compared to elsewhere in Ireland. Plus rates are often higher in Dublin than elsewhere in Ireland.

It is like how a pub outside of Dublin is only about €4 versus about €5 for a pint in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

There is more cinema's in Dublin, but I'm not gonna go all the way to say blanch or stillorgan when I live 10 minutes from the coolock one.

Whats the coolock odeon like now? I haven't been into it for at least 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Excellent I won't need the Dublin cinemas 2 euro saving

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Whats the coolock odeon like now? I haven't been into it for at least 3 years.

I live 5 mins away from Coolock. It's good. Staff are friendly and never had any issues with annoying guests. Wednesday's could be busy but grand most other nights.

Just got the email from odeon, 21.99 for dublin, 20 for other places.

Does this card only cover tickets or can I get my buttery popcorn on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I live 5 mins away from Coolock. It's good. Staff are friendly and never had any issues with annoying guests. Wednesday's could be busy but grand most other nights.

I go to the Coolock one at least once a week for the past year. Had issues with arsehole people in the screen twice. Gave out stink to them and they stopped.

In general, it's quiet, clean (except the bathrooms, they're shockingly filthy no matter what time or day), staff are very pleasant and friendly, queues never too big etc

Does this card only cover tickets or can I get my buttery popcorn on it?

Tickets only. Maybe discounts on food, in cineworld anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

Is odeon completely mainstream cinema? Cineworld shows a bit less mainstream cinema every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is the card useable at the Cinema in Swords Pavilions?

billyhead wrote: »
    Is the card useable at the Cinema in Swords Pavilions?

Nope.

The Dublin cinemas are Blanch, Charlestown, Coolock, Point Village and Stillorgan.

I see they're on sale in the cinema now. Has anyone got one yet?

Loughc wrote:
    I see they're on sale in the cinema now. Has anyone got one yet?

I signed up yesterday on the website

I booked a seat in the midnight showing of batman v Superman no issues

I plan on heading in today to see London has fallen.

They email you a temporary card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭ffocused

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I signed up yesterday on the website

I booked a seat in the midnight showing of batman v Superman no issues

I plan on heading in today to see London has fallen.

They email you a temporary card.

Would you mind checking how much they charge for 'upgrading' to a 3D viewing?

ffocused wrote: »
    Would you mind checking how much they charge for 'upgrading' to a 3D viewing?

tried to check this but there's actually no films showing in 3d at the moment
    i tried to book batman v superman in 3d in limerick but for some reason its not adding the extra charge for 3d? if i go all the way it say its free but that not right.

i tried to book batman v superman in Waterford and portlaoise but i get an error
    about my card data not found on the cinema server dont know what thats about maybe there's something up will try again tomorrow.

on another note i just my limitless today for the first time i booked and went to the ticket machines and entered my booking reference and it printed the ticket on the ticket it says limitless

i wasn't asked anything by the guy checking the tickets

379597.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all,

I was passing the Odeon in Newbridge today and noticed the Unlimited banners - was taking a look at the leaflets and this chap appeared beside me itching to tell me about it. A lot of the info he told me is already called out here but one thing that hasn't been (I think) is this...

He mentioned that there is an additional surcharge for 3D movies which I assumed, however then he mentioned "oh, and also the blockbuster films.."

I asked him what he meant and he said the big films like Star Wars for example (I assume also the likes of BvS, etc.). I asked him who decides what are "blockbuster" films and he said that head office would be determining this.

So, from what he said - it seems like for the bigger films they would be charging a small additional cost. Seems bananas to me, and maybe he got the wrong end of the stick but it would be worth checking out before signing on the dotted line.

He mentioned that there is an additional surcharge for 3D movies which I assumed, however then he mentioned "oh, and also the blockbuster films.."

I asked him what he meant and he said the big films like Star Wars for example (I assume also the likes of BvS, etc.). I asked him who decides what are "blockbuster" films and he said that head office would be determining this.

hes wrong as on the site it states
    http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/limitless/

What can I watch?
    Any standard public 2D film screening with standard seating in a standard auditorium, including Blockbuster pricing, ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema and ODEON Screen Unseen.

and the excluded ones
    Which screenings aren’t included?
    ODEON Event Cinema (music, theatre, sport etc.), and special or private screenings such as film festivals and premières.

I had no issue prebooking BvS

So, from what he said - it seems like for the bigger films they would be charging a small additional cost. Seems bananas to me, and maybe he got the wrong end of the stick but it would be worth checking out before signing on the dotted line.

They used to do this with the 40% off vouchers they'd sometimes give out. There were specific films you couldn't use them on. Spectre was one and the last Hunger Games too.

• Advertisement

Wow the time where I could have used this is long gone. Can barely find something I want to see once a month in the cinema, Im only 36 :(

Hey all,

I was passing the Odeon in Newbridge today and noticed the Unlimited banners - was taking a look at the leaflets and this chap appeared beside me itching to tell me about it. A lot of the info he told me is already called out here but one thing that hasn't been (I think) is this...

I asked in odeon Coolock this evening and they said there's no surcharge for blockbuster movies when using the limitless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Will the limitless and premiere cards be amalgamated or do we still need two cards?

C-Shore wrote: »
    Will the limitless and premiere cards be amalgamated or do we still need two cards?

Still need the two cards. You can still earn points on buying food and at least now you'll be able to focus on spending your points on just food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Still need the two cards. You can still earn points on buying food and at least now you'll be able to focus on spending your points on just food.

So you can't get points on the ticket anymore?

sebcity wrote: »
    So you can't get points on the ticket anymore?

You don't get points on tickets you book with the limitless card. If you pay for the ticket with cash for whatever reason, you can still get points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Genuine question here, looks like a great deal.

But is that not discrimination to say we will charge Dublin users more? Seems a little unfair.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Genuine question here, looks like a great deal.

But is that not discrimination to say we will charge Dublin users more? Seems a little unfair.

Does the same not apply to pubs charging more in Dublin for the same pint you can get in any other county?

And I think part of the increase is you've more choice of cinemas in Dublin for Odeon, they have 5 in Dublin alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

They used to do this with the 40% off vouchers they'd sometimes give out. There were specific films you couldn't use them on. Spectre was one and the last Hunger Games too.

I got load of those before, all sh1te as any new film was excluded.

The limitless pass might be good if loads of films are coming out.

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    The limitless pass might be good if loads of films are coming out.

I think where the limitless card will be beneficial is for movies you are on the fence about seeing, like you wouldn't mind seeing it but don't want to fork out full price in case it's ****e, at least if you've paid for the monthly fee you'd be wanting to get use out of it.

Mellissa McCarthy may see a rise in attendance of her movies.

Advertisement