Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Apparently Margot Robbie was choosing between a few different Harley Quinn films to go with. Anyway, now she's chosen to do Birds of Prey Movie and the director will be Cathy Yan. Yan seems to be relatively inexperienced based on her imdb.. but that's worked for Marvel
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4014166/

Grace reckons it could be good.. which is in contrast with her opinions on other recent developments (for example: how Shazam looks a bit comedy based)

Characters from the Animated Movie: Teen Titans Go ... have a go at the DCEU characters.

I had to lol at the Superman one :D

https://twitter.com/TeenTitansMovie/status/990984510006165504

https://twitter.com/TeenTitansMovie/status/990985172815200257

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Flashpoint is rumored to be replaced again with a solo movie called The Flash.

https://batman-news.com/2018/05/09/rumor-flashpoint-is-dead-the-flash-likely-to-become-a-solo-movie-again/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

https://batman-news.com/2018/05/09/rumor-flashpoint-is-dead-the-flash-likely-to-become-a-solo-movie-again/

Hopefully this means they have a goody in Aquaman and Shazam and aren't Reboo......ah **** it. Next.

It might be a good thing if they are slowing up to take some time to take stock and regroup.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It'll be stuck in development hell forever at this rate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd really like for them to stop and have a think about it.

DC have such great characters, I'd love them to world build something amazing out of it. Imagine a historical Justice Society series! Or President Lex winding up characters for a few years in cameos!

Imagine a beautiful Star Man movie, or a trippy Sandman.

So much they could do, if someone had the will and the power.

Crap I just realised we need Hal Jordan to actually run DC

• Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

32272309_609284136101226_2670976016045834240_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTc4NDQyMjIwNjI1MjczOTk4Ng%3D%3D.2
    “We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).”

shazam-movie-logo1-405x600.jpg

As the DCEU seemed to be in reconfiguration mode..

I give this a definite...

"I dunno.. maybe?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Definitely need to see a trailer 'cos I've no idea what to make of it.

The trailer should definitely have the word SHAZAM!

It should be belted out! I mean, they probably don't even need to show the transformation .. just something to catch the audiences imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

My only real experience with Shazam is in the animated world but considering what he is I think they massively missed a trick by not getting John Cena to play the role.

I mean if a kid is going to transform into an oversized superhero looking mother ****er you pick John Cena.

Cena opposite The Rock would have been good as well.

I'll wait to see a trailer to see what Levi looks like as the character.

My only real experience with Shazam is in the animated world but considering what he is I think they massively missed a trick by not getting John Cena to play the role.

I mean if a kid is going to transform into an oversized superhero looking mother ****er you pick John Cena.

Cena opposite The Rock would have been good as well.

I'll wait to see a trailer to see what Levi looks like as the character.

That's brilliant stunt casting. Big Match John definitely has the ability to apply the appropriate cheese and seems to be a quite funny when he's allowed to be.

Obviously, physically, he's perfect too.

I vaguely recall Cena being in the running according to reports...Would have liked to have seen it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah, Cena to be fair to him has done well in most movies I've seen him in. No doubt Levi is probably the stronger actor but I don't think that's the most important part for Shazam.

The way Cena just is naturally, you'd buy that was a 14 year old boy controlling a man's body.

It's a shame it never happened.

Regardless
    Chris Pine has a three movie deal so it's very likely Trevor's going to pop up again.

Seeing articles saying that
    Chris Pine has been spotted on set

example:
    I'm seeing them say it could be
    time travel or flashbacks

but I think I remember Grace once mention that it could be done using
    some kind of version of Hades controlling the dead

Slydice wrote: »
    Seeing articles saying that
    Chris Pine has been spotted on set

example:
    I'm seeing them say it could be
    time travel or flashbacks

but I think I remember Grace once mention that it could be done using
    some kind of version of Hades controlling the dead

Comic books, I could think of 20 ways right now it could happen :D

Zack Snyder might be back

Zack Snyder Is Still A Producer On Wonder Woman 2
    https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-wonder-woman-2-producer/

Snyder Reveals Flash Was Supposed to Get a Second Suit in Justice League
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-justice-league-second-suit-zack-snyder/

Zack Snyder Shares Image of The DC Trinity's First Photo Shoot
    https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-trinity-photo/

452245.jpg

• Advertisement

Doubt it. Snyder was always producer along with his wife on WW2 and weren't going to be removed bar a Ratner level disaster. Think that's the last film you'll see their names on.

As for the little tidbits Snyder is dropping about his trilogy, I enjoy reading them. For better or worse you can't say the guy wasn't 100% into what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Zack Snyder is still working in a Executive Producer capacity for Aquaman. It appears that he is going to be working as a Producer for the remainder of the characters that were included in Justice League until he finishes his time completely on his next movie Fountainhead which of course is with WB. This tells us that he still has a role to play in the production of these DCEU movies. All that previous speculation since late last year that he was still working with WB has finally been confirmed with his social media post on Vero. The Snyder hate bots who had previously said that he was going to be "fired" from WB & the DCEU when he directed Justice League are probably licking their sore wounds now after hearing this news through the media.

To be fair Snyder's social media posts have been laced with subtle digs at WB since JL came out so I doubt he's involved in anyway creatively. As you said he'll be fronting money as producer for Aquaman, and he'll be fronting money for WW2....but after that he's done. He already has two non DCEU projects lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For good or bad at least DC a had a direction under Snyder now it's a total headless chicken.

The Snyder hate bots who had previously said that he was going to be "fired" from WB & the DCEU when he directed Justice League are probably licking their sore wounds now after hearing this news through the media.

Whoa there nelly. No one hates Snyder. Personally, I do wish he'd stayed away from all the JLA characters, as he clearly had no interest in them, just his vision. A vision that was very 90's Image comics. But hate? Nah.

I certainly don't see why anyone would be licking wounds, even if there was a pathological hatred. Producers don't necessarily do any work at all on films, other than take money. Some do, usually at the expense, rather than the benefit, of films. When is the last time you've heard the term "notes" used in a positive connotation?

We don't talk about Jon Favreau's Infinity War, like.

Engage Hype Mode!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2142255092456811
    Geoff Johns updated his cover photo.
    3 hrs ·
    452281.jpg

Slydice wrote: »

Oh that looks sick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sweet, wonder woman with a perm fighting the terminator...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The cynic in me just sees this as DC belatedly jumping on the 80s bandwagon to whip up some extra goodwill. Nothing wrong with that and they're entitled to do so, but if they don't understand how to wield the power of the 1980s, the end result could be more Kung Fury than Stranger Things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The thing is... When I see updates in the "DC comic universe updates" thread, and "Marvel comic universe updates" thread, I always click the DC one first..
    subconsciously I know I want them to succeed, to give us two viable universes..

Other times I click it because I know I'm gonna read something bats hit crazy.. 😂

Advertisement