Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for Bayside shopping center demolition granted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

BowWow wrote: »
    Passed by today, Dry Cleaners operating from usual premises. Hardware looked busy.

Yup, I think I picked it up wrong. The new hardware/garden place is selling some craft-y stuff made by the dry cleaners daughter/wife/mistress (sounds like the start to a good murder mystery) Looks like nice stuff! He’s selling some Celtic Candles stuff too, another local supplier ����

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The new hardware/garden place is selling some craft-y stuff made by the dry cleaners daughter/wife/mistress (sounds like the start to a good murder mystery)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

I heard Kennedys coffee shop is going in. Could be a rumour but would be nice if it were to go in - nice coffee shop.

whodafunk wrote: »
    I heard Kennedys coffee shop is going in. Could be a rumour but would be nice if it were to go in - nice coffee shop.

Great if true. Good shops with nice food.

Wouldn't mind if it was "Perfect Day" like in Kilbarrack Centre - also good operators.

Hopefully not just yet another Starbucks/Costa/Insomnia....

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Great if true. Good shops with nice food.

Wouldn't mind if it was "Perfect Day" like in Kilbarrack Centre - also good operators.

Hopefully not just yet another Starbucks/Costa/Insomnia....

I agree hopefully not another coffee chain shop. Perfect Day is very nice also.

Also the bakery shop still has everything in it as it was previously. I asked the lady in the chipper recently if it was to reopen she just said she keeps hearing different stories so not sure at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Yup, I think I picked it up wrong. The new hardware/garden place is selling some craft-y stuff made by the dry cleaners daughter/wife/mistress (sounds like the start to a good murder mystery) Looks like nice stuff! He’s selling some Celtic Candles stuff too, another local supplier ����[/QUOTE

The bloke that runs the hardware is sound and he's had to move before because of high rent I think so hopefully when the whole place is finished he'll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Anyone know what prices the apartments are going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Swung by last Wednesday. No bike stands yet unfortunately.

Hearing that the last of these original housing units from the old shopping centre won’t be re-roofed & finished in the same way as the others, something to do with the landlord/owner holding out or denying the works for some reason.

3-D7-A46-FE-4230-45-AC-9765-901-C79-B50-D9-E.jpg

2-A780037-75-AD-43-B8-8581-3-DC0-D55-FCA06.jpg

It’d be great if the finishing included replacing the old tarmac with the new stone, particularly up as far as the concrete all around the church but from the looks of it they’re only replacing a small part of it. Fingers crossed there’s some plan to complete the groundworks properly! 🤞🏼

Must be awful for those living there. years of a building site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Alicano wrote: »
    Must be awful for those living there. years of a building site.

does somebody who lives in shopping centre expect quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well it would be reasonably quiet.

It was never a "hang out" spot. Even out the back where the storage spaces were, I never heard of any trouble.

The only main noise was the deliveries and rubbish collection.

The build is close to 2 yrs behind schedule so I'd say the residents are probably cheesed off at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

The normal noise of a fairly small shopping centre like Bayside isn’t exactly the same as the construction site of the past few years though is it?

Hearing that the last of these original housing units from the old shopping centre won’t be re-roofed & finished in the same way as the others, something to do with the landlord/owner holding out or denying the works for some reason.

3-D7-A46-FE-4230-45-AC-9765-901-C79-B50-D9-E.jpg

2-A780037-75-AD-43-B8-8581-3-DC0-D55-FCA06.jpg

That house is definitely cutting off it's nose to spite it's face!

It’d be great if the finishing included replacing the old tarmac with the new stone, particularly up as far as the concrete all around the church but from the looks of it they’re only replacing a small part of it.

That's probably church property/responsibility and not part of the shopping centre.

That's probably church property/responsibility and not part of the shopping centre.

Probably. But it would be nice to see the whole place looking ‘finished’.

Conchir wrote: »
    The normal noise of a fairly small shopping centre like Bayside isn’t exactly the same as the construction site of the past few years though is it?

did the people in the other apartments live there throughout?

It’d be great if the finishing included replacing the old tarmac with the new stone, particularly up as far as the concrete all around the church but from the looks of it they’re only replacing a small part of it. Fingers crossed there’s some plan to complete the groundworks properly! 🤞🏼

Tarmac in front of church replaced, and a new cobble lock path layed between car park and church door. I'd imagine they will lay new tarmac at side of church between it and the new development when finished the "Aldi" store.

Also looks like another part of the new car park will open soon.

That house is definitely cutting off it's nose to spite it's face!

i think the huge building beside it is cutting off its light

There was always a building there.

Granted the roof of the squash centre only came up as far as the second level (bedroom) windows, but it would have blocked the first level light.

• Advertisement

Granted the roof of the squash centre only came up as far as the second level (bedroom) windows, but it would have blocked the first level light.

There was also another "house" between the squash court and what's now the end property.

There was also another "house" between the squash court and what's now the end property.

I never noticed!

There were 7 apartments above shops. Now down to 4.

1_Bayside-Shopping-Centre-Sutton.jpg

I never noticed!

There were 7 apartments above shops. Now down to 4.

Yes, they took down 2 from the "Centra" end and 1 from the "Aldi" end. :)

Yes, they took down 2 from the "Centra" end and 1 from the "Aldi" end. :)

I can't remember that demolition even taking place!! Obviously done fairly carefully so as not to cause damage to the rest .

I thought all of them were coming down at the start, obviously not :)

But yeah don't understand why the last house doesn't get the facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Not really. That building is on the north side of the house so no real light loss.

It just looks ridiculous. Probably a childish spat with the landlord as suggested.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Not really. That building is on the north side of the house so no real light loss.

It just looks ridiculous. Probably a childish spat with the landlord as suggested.

Yeah the sun rises to the front and wraps around in the opposite direction to the building.

bri007 wrote: »
    Anyone know what prices the apartments are going for?

Sign in Kelly's window Sutton, From 450k to 650k...

I think that's wishful thinking.

Anyone paying 650k for an apartment over the shops is mad.

• Advertisement

Nearly half a mill for an apartment looking over a car park? Wow.
    I love Bayside but that is ridiculous.

Advertisement