Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for Bayside shopping center demolition granted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

BowWow wrote: »
    Place is starting to look good, it's bright, nice materials, good finish.
    Had a look at the Bayside Inn yesterday - now that's a place long past it's "sell by" date! This really should be incorporated in the next phase.
    The old red brick part of the old centre, hairdressers, munchies, hardware etc is another eyesore...

The exterior looks terrible I'll admit, but the interior is great and I'd hate to see it change drastically. Sure, a renovation would be good, update the toilets and the upholstery on the benches etc, but hopefully the pub itself keeps its current character. It's a very nice local.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Place is starting to look good, it's bright, nice materials, good finish.
    Had a look at the Bayside Inn yesterday - now that's a place long past it's "sell by" date! This really should be incorporated in the next phase.
    The old red brick part of the old centre, hairdressers, munchies, hardware etc is another eyesore...

Do you mean the bit where the medical centre is?
    Once the new place is finished they are due to go into it and afaik the bunker type thing will be demolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

spurious wrote: »

Yes, Munchies, Hardware shop, Barbers, Chinese take-away etc.
    Once the new place is finished they are due to go into it and afaik the bunker type thing will be demolished.

Didn't know that, good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im not sure if they will or they won't, their photo montages show it redeveloped with windows to the car park but they recently put a new roof on it, there were going to demolish the chinese end but aren't now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know the medical centre is moving, didn't know about the rest.

• Advertisement

I know the medical centre is moving, didn't know about the rest.

Whilst there is to be a medical centre in the new build, that doesn't mean it's the one in the red brick bunker part that will move in.
    There is also a doctor's practice in the old shops(Xtra Vision?) - this could be the one to move in.

Dr. Macauley told me she will be in the new building. I presume the Skincheck Dr. Steve and all their staff will go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭marvin42

Small hint for the things to come....

marvin42 wrote: »
    Small hint for the things to come....

Are you asking for a hint, or do you have one to give? :)

ups, photo did not upload...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Do we have an eta on when they open?

Wonder was that a test to see if one of their delivery lorries can reverse in there? Looks like a difficult corner to reverse into.

Fiolina wrote: »
    Cian O'Callaghan
    19 May at 11:10 ·
    Along with local residents I met recently with the management of Bayside Shopping Centre to get an update regarding the re-development. The key points were:
    • Construction of phase 1 is due to finish in Mid-June and the new Centra will open then
    • The Centra will be about half the size of the previous store and will house the post office
    • Phase 2 construction shall take place between July 1st and February and the new Aldi is expected to open in March or April about 8 weeks after building work is finished
    • The previous provision of 119 car parking spaces will increase to 154
    • The new centre will feature the marble finish throughout the external finish except where some brick work is used for differentiation and will feature a gymn, medical centre, creche, restaurant as well as the existing shops and services which will be renovated
    L wrote: »
    Do we have an eta on when they open?

Well Centra was to open in June and didn't till August, so I'd say June 2020 at the earliest.

Did the Post Office move into the new Centra?

Did the Post Office move into the new Centra?

To answer my own question - was in there this morning and the PO is in the Centra....

Blue builder's marks now on the ground outside the old squash courts, hardware store etc. Probably for the hording to go around Phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Disappointed to see the huge trees that were cut on Blvd Sth side were not replaced in any way. Just pathway, low wall/fence and car park spaces. Pity.

Alicano wrote: »
    Disappointed to see the huge trees that were cut on Blvd Sth side were not replaced in any way. Just pathway, low wall/fence and car park spaces. Pity.

Place is not finished, landscaping will be done near the end. Plans show a number of trees going into the revised car parking layout.

Phase 2 now started. Hoarding up around site. House number seven (squash court end) currently being dismantled.

Place is not finished, landscaping will be done near the end. Plans show a number of trees going into the revised car parking layout.

Hope you're right. That corner looks finished. Pavement, car spaces, wall and railings. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

no replanting of trees planed according planing permission documents :-(
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00632432.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Looks like the Aldi is aiming to open in July - new opening in Sutton mentioned here - https://www.aldirecruitment.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Is Sutton Bayside now? :-)

Is Sutton Bayside now? :-)

If you're selling your house or meeting in-laws for the first time then yes :D

Slowest build of all time it must be said. And it's ugly as sin too. Improvement on what was before sure . But that wouldn't have been hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

The Chinese is closed and won’t be opening back up due to huge costs over moving into the new build.

bri007 wrote: »
    The Chinese is closed and won’t be opening back up due to huge costs over moving into the new build.

Probably not the only reason for closure. I certainly stopped using them after this -

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-food-closure-orders-hse-15229322

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Wow....... wish I seen that as I regularly visited Kings on the way home from some pints out....

I use to think my hangovers were getting worse with age but now I’m thinking it may have been the food :(
    Probably not the only reason for closure. I certainly stopped using them after this -

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-food-closure-orders-hse-15229322

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

This popped up for me...
    Bayside Community Association
    ·

Hi all,
    We are delighted to share with you a recent update meeting we had with f Brezlin developer
    For Bayside S C.

Shopping Centre Development

2nd phase underway and due for completion end of 2020.
    Aldi Unit will be handed over for fit-out in June, scheduled to open in September.
    Gymnasium is complete but the unit will be accessed through the ‘phase 2’ end and therefore won’t be operational until later in the year. An operator has yet to be confirmed.
    Creche is currently located in Phase 1 but will move to Phase 2 when works finish. A new 100 seater ‘night time’ restaurant will open in the existing creche unit. Tenant yet to be agreed.
    McCartan’s Chemist will remain in their current unit and when works are completed they will also occupy the existing doctor’s centre next door. The doctor’s centre will move to occupy a unit in the new Phase 2.

‘Island Unit’ – currently occupied by various tenants - Bayside Barbers, Pout Beauty, Pavlova etc
    This has been completely re-roofed and further refurbishment is planned, including having access to some units from the carpark side.
    The units currently occupied by King’s Chinese and Bayside Barbers will be amalgamated to facilitate a new coffee shop. This will seat 40 people and there will also be an outside dining area.
    Bayside Barbers will relocate to another unit in the Centre. King’s has departed and will not be taking up occupation again.

Car Park
    The first part of the carpark works will be completed by the end of this month and the original access off Bayside Square South will be reinstated. There will be 80 spaces in this phase.
    The site compound will be moved from its current location at the front of the carpark to the back of the carpark (near the church). This is scheduled for next week or two. Final capacity of the carpark on completion of works will be 154 spaces. There were 119 spaces in the original carpark.
    There will be extensive lighting in the carpark and planting schemes will be completed at the end of the build. BCA will liaise with the Landscape Architect to discuss planting that will complement other garden themes in Bayside and enhance biodiversity and increase pollinators.

Apartments
    4 apartments are completed and are currently being kitted out. They will be offered for sale in March.
    A further 8 apartments will be completed in Phase 2 and will also be offered for sale.

Bottlebank
    The bottlebank was removed from the carpark following a number of hefty litter fines from Fingal County Council. These fines resulted from cardboard boxes/bags etc being left behind after glass, bottles etc were deposited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is the creche mentioned open or are they putting in a unit for a creche?

Advertisement