Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTI turns up the pressure.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

I think anybody who voted for any pay agreement last few years must accept this-you did vote for New Pay scales. Because once you voted for Industrial peace ie no strike you removed the one weapon we had to fight it. How else did you see it changing?? Motions at convention?? I must try to get Mark Walshe to put his Fightback Document online because in it is a letter from ICTU to a deputy outlining what Croke park delivered and in it are lower rates of pay.
    Stepping aside-I think unless we have a long strike several weeks then the most you can hope for is a closing of the gap between the various scales. Thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

So could it just be simple swop... i.e. do the new JC/ continue CP and then pay/payscales will be restored and moratoriums lifted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Once something has been in train-CP hours-I see it as unlikely to be reversed. Modified more but not gone. The same will apply to assessing our own pupils-once accepted it will remain. I do see merits in some form of assessment but schools would want a full time JC co-ordinator to implement it. Otherwise from my point of view I shall continue to vote No.

Again it doesnt matter how many times you ask me to do something insane or what threats you make. I would prefer to clean toliets than accept LR. As a parent of a young child-I dont fear **** just the educational variety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

ASTI are going to ballot on CP hrs in the next few weeks

Advertisement