Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

In general, he has a distinct history of upping his game and playing at his peak when in green.

I think it's more playing to his peak when Schmidt is coaching him. Joe appears to know how to get the very best out of him. Was the same story at Leinster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Clegg wrote: »
    Still a good team even with Murphy in it. Never understood the stick he gets from some quarters. Wavy hair and an exotic name obviously means you can't okay rugby.

It's a better team with SOB in it. That was the point I was making. I never said Murphy couldn't play rugby, but whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Zzippy wrote: »
    It's a better team with SOB in it. That was the point I was making. I never said Murphy couldn't play rugby, but whatever...

I think they'll give SOB every chance to get there. Irrespective of Murphy's abiiltiy as a rugby player, SOB is SOB

As long as Payne is at FB, anything else is a step backwards tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Can we just rename this "the Kearney thread" and get it over with?

Clegg: I dunno what Connacht matches you're watching but they mustn't be the same ones I'm watching :P Marmion's speed to the breakdown has saved Connacht's ass on several occassions this season when they were defending their rucks poorly.

Ringrose being held back this weekend is interesting...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Nift

Still a good team even with Murphy in it. Never understood the stick he gets from some quarters. Wavy hair and an exotic name obviously means you can't okay rugby.

Nothing to do with his name, he's only an alright player. Not big enough or powerful enough to be a top player. Also he was a disaster in the World Cup. He was good in South Africa mind. Also which is his best position? He doesn't start ahead of Stander, SOB, POM or Heaslip.

Nift wrote: »
    Nothing to do with his name, he's only an alright player. Not big enough or powerful enough to be a top player. Also he was a disaster in the World Cup. He was good in South Africa mind. Also which is his best position? He doesn't start ahead of Stander, SOB, POM or Heaslip.

Any shame in that? They're all top, top players!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Any shame in that? They're all top, top players!

there is no shame in players not getting picked because better players ahead of them - pretty sure everyone on this agrees

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I think it's more playing to his peak when Schmidt is coaching him. Joe appears to know how to get the very best out of him. Was the same story at Leinster.

It's hard to know really. He was excellent for Leinster when he first came through under Joe, but I think he's had a bloody great season so far too.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    It's hard to know really. He was excellent for Leinster when he first came through under Joe, but I think he's had a bloody great season so far too.

The point is SOB is better. No one said Murphy was shit, one poster inferred that by the old 2+2=5 method.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The point is SOB is better. No one said Murphy was shit, one poster inferred that by the old 2+2=5 method.

Which one ;)

I was just replying to how Jordi seems to step up somewhat for Ireland. On form SOB is definitely ahead of him, but as it stands I'd have Jordi ahead of SOB until we get a better look at him (tomorrow).

Which one ;)

Take your pick!

I was just replying to how Jordi seems to step up somewhat for Ireland. On form SOB is definitely ahead of him, but as it stands I'd have Jordi ahead of SOB until we get a better look at him (tomorrow).

But...but... I thought form was only one consideration! Are you saying it's more important than that? :eek:

Zzippy hates Jordi Murphy

But...but... I thought form was only one consideration! Are you saying it's more important than that? :eek:

I've a feeling I'd just be opening myself up to more piss taking should I answer, so I'all just say no??????

I've a feeling I'd just be opening myself up to more piss taking should I answer, so I'all just say no??????

So, form is important for SOB, but not for RK? :p

:D

#canofworms

So, form is important for SOB, but not for RK? :p

:D

#canofworms

Aaaggggghhhhhh, I know this is just a joke, but I really want to answer seriously!!!!!

Aaaggggghhhhhh, I know this is just a joke, but I really want to answer seriously!!!!!

Haha, I'm totally not going near that can of worms, just pointing out some flaws in the logic!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be written down and may be given in evidence... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Lads, the solution is obvious:

Darragh Fanning at 15, James Coughlan at 7. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Haha, I'm totally not going near that can of worms, just pointing out some flaws in the logic!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be written down and may be given in evidence... :D

In fairness, his logic is grand, his post was poorly phrased.

What he means is that an in-form SOB is clearly better than Murphy, but we've no idea what shape SOB is in.

That's not the case with Kearney who is playing well and looks to be properly fit for the first time in ages.

Well in fairness the Kearney and SOB examples are apples and oranges in that in the former the alternative had feck all experience but in the latter the alternative has plenty. Form isn't the be all and end all but it is always a consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

In fairness, his logic is grand, his post was poorly phrased.

What he means is that an in-form SOB is clearly better than Murphy, but we've no idea what shape SOB is in.

That's not the case with Kearney who is playing well and looks to be properly fit for the first time in ages.

Kearney is playing. That's about all you can say about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ringrose. Jaysus I really hope he starts.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Ringrose. Jaysus I really hope he starts.

Conservative Joe :rolleyes: I think that will be close enough to the XV in Chicago

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

You'd have to assume Ringrose is at least in the running to play in Chicago. My money would be on Schmidt wanting Marshall but he needs to play for Ulster this weekend so they can assess how he is. If there was no intention of playing Ringrose at all you'd think he'd have been made available to Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Kauto wrote: »
    Kearney is playing. That's about all you can say about him.

Well yes, if you hadn't watched him play you could say that. Or if you know nothing about rugby you could say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well yes, if you hadn't watched him play you could say that. Or if you know nothing about rugby you could say that.

no need for that sh!te tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

wp_rathead wrote: »
    no need for that sh!te tbf

I would say the same about the 4 pages of posts by him that RK is a ****e player, who can't play rugby tbh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement