Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hope everyone is good, can anyone recommend where to get good quality L-Theanine ? Any personal experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

PatFran96 wrote: »
    The side effects have eased for me, but not yet feeling much less anxious (only at times), this is after 5 weeks. Doctor has now upped my dosage so need to give that some time to see if it makes any difference, if not will need to switch to something else. Good luck with it!

It seems to be beginning to work for me regarding anxiety. I have no noticeable side effects. I have increased the dose to 100mg a day. That's what the prescription said though my original plan was just to stay on the 50mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

zweton wrote: »
    Hope everyone is good, can anyone recommend where to get good quality L-Theanine ? Any personal experiences.

I tried that before, but I've no idea where I got it. Let me check through my emails to see if I still have the order

Everything has gone to sh1t for me the past few days. I tried chatting to the psych nurse - zero help.

I'm grasping at straws posting here

zweton wrote: »

Sorry can't find it in my emails

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Everything has gone to sh1t for me the past few days. I tried chatting to the psych nurse - zero help.

Keep posting, sorry the nurse wasn't any help this time, perhaps try again in a few days.. I understand the struggles, it's desperately hard sometimes. I won't roll out the usual go for a walk/call a friend/do something you usually enjoy stuff, I'm sure you've tried it already but do trust me, this crap passes, it always, always does..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm grasping at straws posting here[/QUOTE

Straws are better than nothing .. Not that I can talk; illness has taken over here. barely functioning. Not depressed although this used to be attributed to depression. The M.E etc. Narrow border between physical and other issues and discrimination can be hard. Just... ill. Managing to feed the cats and occasionally even feed me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

What happened?

What happened?

Too much I'm afraid. My relationship is breaking down due to wanting different things

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Too much I'm afraid. My relationship is breaking down due to wanting different things

Sorry to hear that, I think many have found the ordinary things tough since covid landed so you're not alone in facing that.. Can you get online counselling perhaps? Just typing or talking things out can ease the burden..

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that, I think many have found the ordinary things tough since covid landed so you're not alone in facing that.. Can you get online counselling perhaps? Just typing or talking things out can ease the burden..

Not a big fan of online counselling but I think I'll have to give it a go. I've lost a person with a heart of gold

Not a big fan of online counselling but I think I'll have to give it a go. I've lost a person with a heart of gold

A case of needs must in this instance I think. You'll need to share if you are not going to explode or implode. You got this, I know I'm rooting for you.

Sorry to hear that, hope things work out for the best.

Sorry to hear that, hope things work out for the best.

Thanks, I hope so too

What a difference a week makes, feeling better and have turned a corner. Thank you to those who listened to me rant

What a difference a week makes, feeling better and have turned a corner. Thank you to those who listened to me rant

Great to hear it.. :)

Thats great to hear :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Job interview part 2 tomorrow. Feel like I'm going to mess it up. So tired. Shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Job interview part 2 tomorrow. Feel like I'm going to mess it up. So tired. Shattered.

Best of luck, you'll be fine, early to bed

Good luck! Stay cool, sell your excellent self to them, you got this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Feeling really anxious and depressed. Getting no joy out of anything. Have too manyl problems and worries. This has been dragging on for years now. Sleeping ok, eating ok, exercising ok. I see people in work with plans and hobbies. And they are really productive in work. It's like they are on a different planet. I managed to get some gardening done yesterday but have just crashed today. Despite it being a beautiful day. I can't bear to focus on anything. Instead of getting **** done today I just procrastinated. This has been going on for years but really, the past while is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Havent posted here in a while but Ive a pet peeve.

Is anyone else irked by how something as simple as sun exposure changes someones day? Was watching the news and they went out to the public asking folks how the feel about being out in the sun. It baffles me how the simplest of things such as a bluer sky and heat can suddenly alter someones experience :confused: . "Just to be out and about", "Yeah, the sun makes a huge difference" etc. I hear the same with friends who exercise or take a walk, just like that the entire complexion of their experience is changed and they are completely rebooted and enhanced (temporary amnesia?), I just dont get it.

Dont get me wrong, the sun is a nice change from the usual dark and wet but I dont get this 'flick-of-a-switch response into a heavenly realm' outcome.

In fact I think the whole covid thing has highlighted just how far Ive gone. :D So many folks wanting to punch a hole in a wall cuz they cant go for a coffee or beer, cant go on a holiday or stuck in the house illustrate just how psychologically damaged I am where I've gotten so used to the prison cell depression envelops around me. "I do apologize but I'm completely dead inside and no amount of customary past times and close proximations to the most conceited, duplicitous, banal species earth has to offer will change that...hi.:pac: ":D

I am being very lazy regarding exercise. This does not do me any favours as it is the best thing for my anxiety/depression. Hopefully will get motivated soon.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I am being very lazy regarding exercise. This does not do me any favours as it is the best thing for my anxiety/depression. Hopefully will get motivated soon.

Heading out for a walk after work, lovely sunshine helps!

Also, just get out of the house for a walk in the morning before breakfast.
    Don't think about what you have to do or wear.
    Same clothes as previous day.
    Drink some water before you go.
    You'll feel better when you get back + you can have your breakfast and shower to look forward to.
    And no need to beat yourself up all day. You got out and got moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭sporina

maybe you could try listening to some audiobooks/podcasts or music; what ever your interested in, while your walking.. that might make it more appealing to you. x

Same, cant get motivated at all, I stayed in bed all day today & as much as I love going for walks & runs, im just not into lately, I kind of feel ive walked so many routes over & over it feels boring to walk them again. The joys of living in a small town.
    I read recently that the best time to do an activity is when you really dont want to do it. It helps with motivation supposedly, easier said than done though.

I have someone's dog I take for a walk.
    They are delighted the dog gets a walk. The dog is crazy delighted.
    It's a win-win except for having to clean up after the dog.
    And you can't let the dog down, so once you start, it's most days!
    But it can be a short walk.

So, even if you don't have a dog, I bet a neighbour does.

Same, cant get motivated at all, I stayed in bed all day today & as much as I love going for walks & runs, im just not into lately, I kind of feel ive walked so many routes over & over it feels boring to walk them again. The joys of living in a small town.
    I read recently that the best time to do an activity is when you really dont want to do it. It helps with motivation supposedly, easier said than done though.

Yep. The people who say that obviously have limited personal experience with anxiety/depression. They have had at most mild anxiety/depression.

• Advertisement

How is everyone today?

Advertisement