Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sorry to hear that graces, not looking forward to tomorrow either, I've to head to my psychiatrist just as the storm hits

Thanks and good luck. I am just keeping ,y head above water but the emotional aspects are shocking so I am being very wary. Do not want to upset anyone when they have no idea it is the illness. We don't have spots or wear a cast etc …. I do not blame anyone for not realising I AM ILL so am just being absent. Feel as if I have bad flu or am drugged... maybe the folk they called zombies really had M,E!

Lorenzo they say will hit hard out here; offshore Mayo island. We shall see and at least a quiet night.

stay safe out there.

All is well. Lorenzo raged all night ..but fading into oblivion at last so we can get back to normality

Caring for the cats has helped hugely; one of mine was so terrified he dragged a sheet off the bed and wrapped himself up in it like a mummy!
    Big flannelette lump!

Always someone worse off than us...

everyone out there OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Graces was thinking about you and the storm last night , glad all is ok and it’s passed over now ! Your cats sound like great fun :)

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Graces was thinking about you and the storm last night , glad all is ok and it’s passed over now ! Your cats sound like great fun :)

All OK again! Was a bad one out here and some damage. But all over, and my groceries finally arrived. They are delivered from the mainland every two weeks and Storm Day was that day! I keep stocks but...

The cats are hilarious and my lifeline in many ways. So full of sheer zest and affection

One of my good GPs in the Uk used to say he was telling all his patients to get a cat as it was doing so much for me

We soldier on; accepting how dire the M.E is has been achieved..

DRAT! heavy rain and I was planning a short walk at light time. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ricicle

Hi has anyone any experience with Pieta house?

I have an assessment next week, very nervous!

I’ve been to counselling before but I’m nervous about this because I don’t want to end up in hospital again if I say too much

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

ricicle wrote: »
    Hi has anyone any experience with Pieta house?

I have an assessment next week, very nervous!

I’ve been to counselling before but I’m nervous about this because I don’t want to end up in hospital again if I say too much

R

No experience but better you talk true. I have app with psychiatrist on Tuesday. I will say everything true because if i don't then how can they help you ?

My app is today. Thought it was tomorrow for some reason. Now to shower and go and see what happens. Luckily the hospital is only 5 mins on the bus.

And in other news i won €11 on the lotto lol.

Good luck today bohs hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How's everyone doing this evening? Been a while since I've been on here, hope you're all doing well

How's everyone doing this evening? Been a while since I've been on here, hope you're all doing well

Hi omt how are you ? I’ve had a bad few weeks but hopefully coming out the other side of the dark lonely feeling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Struggling here, no real reason just caught up in my thoughts and maybe echoes of things from therapy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Struggling here, no real reason just caught up in my thoughts and maybe echoes of things from therapy

Same here. Started counselling, again. Gave it up after a couple of weeks, AGAIN. It did help me to realise something though, that being that I'm not prepared to do what I need to do to help myself. Does that make sense? As if I'm just so used to being in this huge hole I've dug for myself, that I'm too comfortable in it to try and make my way out of it. Happy? Heavens no. But content to a certain extent in that I'm just settled with the way things are, and just cannot be bothered moving from this rut to try and make things better.

Good news though: it's weekend time! I'm looking forward to my lie in tomorrow and Sunday.

Hope you are OK grem sending you positive vibes!

Totally get it grem my thoughts tend to swallow me up sometimes hope ur ok

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Totally get it grem my thoughts tend to swallow me up sometimes hope ur ok

It's amazing how the mind can turn on you. My mind turns on me at night

Telling me how worthless I am

Telling me how everyone is doing better in life than me

Right on time my brain is telling me these things. All my past failures

That is me all over. I'm talking to a girl again now but the other side of the world. I rang aware while i was on the phone to her too.(messenger) But she waited for me. I think i am much stronger than i believe i am.

I'm never giving up. I have hope.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    That is me all over. I'm talking to a girl again now but the other side of the world. I rang aware while i was on the phone to her too.(messenger) But she waited for me. I think i am much stronger than i believe i am.

I'm never giving up. I have hope.

Where are you always finding new ladies from bohs? :)

Where are you always finding new ladies from bohs? :)

Ha Ha. I spend many hours talking. I can sense she is a good person. Especially at this time when i cannot sleep. Because i am open and honest and so is she.

She has problems too but not the same as me. We just help each other by talking but i hope soon we can meet in person instead of facetime because it's much different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Ha Ha. I spend many hours talking. I can sense she is a good person. Especially at this time when i cannot sleep. Because i am open and honest and so is she.

She has problems too but not the same as me. We just help each other by talking but i hope soon we can meet in person instead of facetime because it's much different.

You need to select the mail order option.

All joking aside, be careful when dealing with women from abroad, so many men have fallen into that trap!

• Advertisement

You need to select the mail order option.

All joking aside, be careful when dealing with women from abroad, so many men have fallen into that trap!

I know but i would consider myself a clever person. You learn from past mistakes.

And it's not mail order stuff lol.

Have a flu at the moment, I wonder is it messing with my medication.

My brains telling me I'm a waste of space right now

Have a flu at the moment, I wonder is it messing with my medication.

My brains telling me I'm a waste of space right now

The flu can make you feel down, that's normal.

I'm feeling crap same because of my psoriasis. It doesn't help but just have to keep fighting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OutOfMyMind18

Just looking to vent.
    8 weeks postpartum and my anxiety is back and seems worse.
    Went to my GP and back on my med’s but it’s gonna take time and I feel like I have no time especially with a 5 year old and 8 week old.
    I’m putting everything on my husband.

Just so overwhelmed with the huge changes going from 1 to 2, the 5 year old starting school and him acting out.

Waiting to hear from my counsellor for an appointment.

I just feel like a failure that I’m letting my kids down and I’m damaging them. Well the 5 year old more then anything. It just hit like a bus on Thursday and I’m not sleeping. Can’t stop crying.

Thanks for reading

I'm self-diagnosing myself with incurable depression, caused by severe 'given-up-inism'. There is rarely a minute that goes by that I don't think about 'le finale', and how I've convinced myself that it's the only path left for me now, despite the fact that I'm never going to actually do anything. It's like living in some sorta paradox. And in truth I'm tired of it, weary.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm self-diagnosing myself with incurable depression, caused by severe 'given-up-inism'. There is rarely a minute that goes by that I don't think about 'le finale', and how I've convinced myself that it's the only path left for me now, despite the fact that I'm never going to actually do anything. It's like living in some sorta paradox. And in truth I'm tired of it, weary.

I know the feeling jaxx, just out of curiosity are you engaging in any cbt or counselling?

I know the feeling jaxx, just out of curiosity are you engaging in any cbt or counselling?

Tried counselling again recently. Staring at paint drying on a wall would be more productive. I'm just at a state where I've no fight left, or will to even want to make things better than any suggestion that could possibly make things better just sounds so unappetizing to me. Tried CBT a few years back. Again, waste of time.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Tried counselling again recently. Staring at paint drying on a wall would be more productive. I'm just at a state where I've no fight left, or will to even want to make things better than any suggestion that could possibly make things better just sounds so unappetizing to me. Tried CBT a few years back. Again, waste of time.

Are you on medication? If so it might be time to look at a different one for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Are you on medication? If so it might be time to look at a different one for you

Unhelpful post removed - please read the charter and post in a more civil manner in future

• Advertisement

Unhelpful post removed - please read the charter and post in a more civil manner in future

Wait a sec. Unhelpful? I'm going by my past experience when a medication wasn't working for me personally and had to try something different. Jesus ill never bother posting here again so

Advertisement