Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster v Scarlets Match Thread BBCNI/S4C 230pm KO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Redsock wrote: »
    Running over the top of jamie heaslip is easily enough done.

Course it is......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Costly lineout error compounded by the slice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Error rate is off the charts on both sides.

That's a terrible pass from Jackson.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How is that a lineout?

Error rate is off the charts on both sides.

That's a terrible pass from Jackson.

I thought you would comment on that

But it was a bad pass

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    How is that a lineout?

The flag is deemed in play.

It didn't help that the flag was bent at a 45 degree angle.

That is total bulls**t from Davies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Nonsense call.

Although Scarlets had a similar one in the first half.

I assume Wilson knocked that on.

This will be a very costly defeat.

PJ drop goal winner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Disappointing fibish

Rubbish result, but it was a pretty poor showing. So many mistakes.

Deserved defeat.

As redsock said a lack of ball carriers in the pack hurt us.

But defensively there was something seriously wrong with our structure today.

That defeat may well cost us a home semi final.

Cave was really poor today.

Serious drop in quality from Pienaar to Marshall too. That pass to Stockdale possibly the worst decision I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

We have been getting out of jail a bit of late but not today. Very poor from us especially in Defence, which considering who who our coach is particularly disappointing

Cave was really poor today.

Serious drop in quality from Pienaar to Marshall too. That pass to Stockdale possibly the worst decision I've ever seen.

That's the worst I've seen him play defensively, but without making excuses for him(he missed 3 bad tackles that I can think of) there was something up with our structure that kept giving the Scarlets an overlap. Cave kept getting caught in no mans land.

As for Marshall I wish I could say that was the worst I have seen him play!

Ferris actually trying to fill the Ireland squad with Ulster players there :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ferris actually trying to fill the Ireland squad with Ulster players there :)

Was just thinking the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Paul Marshall should be fined a weeks wages for that performance. Truly brutal.

This crack of firing passes to static forwards has to stop.

Gilroy took his try well and Luke M played well. Apart from that the rest of the team need to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We're heading into a bit of a scrum-half crisis in the country. Ulster and Munster are crying out for good backup 9s and Leinster's main two 9s for 4+ years are coming to the end.

• Advertisement

We're heading into a bit of a scrum-half crisis in the country. Ulster and Munster are crying out for good backup 9s and Leinster's main two 9s for 4+ years are coming to the end.

McGrath at Leinster looks alright but way too soon to say whether he's international quality. Other than that Marmion is the only actual option?

Murray should still be around for a good while yet but we're one injury away from being in a spot of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If Murray/Marmion/McGrath all turn out to be international quality then we'll have more depth at 9 than I remember us ever having?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If Murray/Marmion/McGrath all turn out to be international quality then we'll have more depth at 9 than I remember us ever having?

If Murray turns out to be international quality? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If Murray turns out to be international quality? :pac:

Surely there is still time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Based on cave and wee p's performance I expect to see them running out against England next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Did you ever see such dross. What is it with Ulster team selection? Cave has been out for a while. Why not start him from the bench ffs. Kiss had Arnold /Luke M / Olding to select in the centre who are all pretty much up to speed. Cave looked way off the pace. I've never seen him play as poorly.

Making a tactical sub of AOC during the 1st half when he was playing well, why? Now Browne played well enough but he hasn't got the brute strength of AOC.

Lutton is a brain dead moron on the pitch.

Paul Marshall's good points are drowned by his bad.
    Jackson played very well as did ..
    L. Marshall and
    Gilroy was good again.

Wilson put in a great shift to little avail. Henry was meh..again. Diack was good in the l/o but too easily stopped in open play. Woeful at times. If the Ulster players had the brains to match their talent they'd be unbeatable. sadly, they hang them up with their clothes in the dressing room.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Did you ever see such dross. What is it with Ulster team selection? Cave has been out for a while. Why not start him from the bench ffs. Kiss had Arnold /Luke M / Olding to select in the centre who are all pretty much up to speed. Cave looked way off the pace. I've never seen him play as poorly.

Making a tactical sub of AOC during the 1st half when he was playing well, why? Now Browne played well enough but he hasn't got the brute strength of AOC.

Lutton is a brain dead moron on the pitch.

Paul Marshall's good points are drowned by his bad.
    Jackson played very well as did ..
    L. Marshall and
    Gilroy was good again.

Wilson put in a great shift to little avail. Henry was meh..again. Diack was good in the l/o but too easily stopped in open play. Woeful at times. If the Ulster players had the brains to match their talent they'd be unbeatable. sadly, they hang them up with their clothes in the dressing room.
    Paul Marshall was a disgrace today.

- The attempted chip in the first half on his own 22 when there was nobody covering behind him
    - Passing to Stockdale when he was all on his own against three defenders
    - Trying to run the ball from his own try line instead of passing to Jackson to clear. You're tiny Paul, the only way you run with the ball is through huge gaps, you never run through players so why even try?
    - Knocking it on from that maul in the first half
    - He gathered a loose pass of his in the first half and then sauntered around with the ball before getting dragged backward by the scruff of his shirt.

A complete liability.

Shanahan must be totally rubbish if he can't get ahead of this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

awec wrote: »
    Paul Marshall was a disgrace today.

- The attempted chip in the first half on his own 22 when there was nobody covering behind him
    - Passing to Stockdale when he was all on his own against three defenders
    - Trying to run the ball from his own try line instead of passing to Jackson to clear. You're tiny Paul, the only way you run with the ball is through huge gaps, you never run through players so why even try?
    - Knocking it on from that maul in the first half
    - He gathered a loose pass of his in the first half and then sauntered around with the ball before getting dragged backward by the scruff of his shirt.

A complete liability.

Shanahan must be totally rubbish if he can't get ahead of this guy.

Don't forget running backwards with the ball towards our own posts making himself isolated in the process.

Don't forget running backwards with the ball towards our own posts making himself isolated in the process.

I think that's the one where he got dragged backwards by his own shirt?

• Advertisement

That's the last bullet point in my list.

Total liability.

Advertisement