Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Cowboy v Cowboy

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cowboy (Cerrone) via Decision
    What was the ref at? Good dig but Mario steps in and I guess confused the downed fighter who I assume thought fight was stopped Mario then steps away guy takes what could have been an unexpected hammerfist and Mario says ya actually fight is over just abysmal.

IMO awards should go to FOTN: Murphy/Faszholz. Bamgbose and Strickland. Average affair played out tonight...good night in pick em all the same :D

Official awards given FOTN:Murphy/Faszholz, Cerrone & Camozzi.

How on earth did Bamgbose miss out? Always grates me seeing a highly paid fighter(Cerrone in this instance) oust somebody else on the card out of a bonus when it's debatable if his finish was indeed better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Oliviera wanted out he was gassed after them few minutes no surprise considering he'd weeks notice but he tapped way too quick made no attempt to escape the triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow started tapping as soon as the triangle was locked in, Mario couldn't even believe it. Saying that, was a beautiful sub.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah I'd say he was getting tapped reguardless cowboy is a black belt in mma jiu jitsu,

Cody no love wrecked Mendes who was looking ok for 4 minutes didnt get a chance to work his bjj,another reminder to the bjj guys (many i train with) that their belts and bjj wins mean zilch soon as they get punched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don't think Brazillian Cowboy was gassed at all. In fact he was in the ascendancy before the takedown and it looked like Cerrone was hurting from body shots (his clear weakness these days).

If it had stayed standing I think Cerrone would have got lit up so that takedown was at the right moment for him. The pass was beautiful but too easy. It was a perfect mounted triangle though, I don't think Oliveira tapped early, Cerrone had his shoulder locked so perfectly that he didn't even have to drag the arm or pull the head.

Beautiful sub, something I think we'll see more often from Cerrone again considering how dangerous he is on the ground.

Advertisement