Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Cowboy v Cowboy

Options
  • 21-02-2016 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

f56e64d8e05241b4a4c84a49d2cfd578.png

Date: Sunday 21st February
    Time: Fight Pass Prelims (10:30pm GMT, Fight Pass), Prelims (12am GMT, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (2am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Pittsburgh, PA
    Odds: Cowboy Cerrone (4/11) v Cowboy Oliviera (13/5)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 18 votes

Cowboy (Cerrone) via KO/TKO
    0%
    Cowboy (Cerrone) via Decision
    38%
    cagefanSwashbucklerZero-CoolBrussels SproutASOTTinieWrongway1985 7 votes
    Cowboy (Cerrone) via Submission
    33%
    evad_lhorgJR6John_D80TimRigginsjjdonegalnewbbieb 6 votes
    Cowboy (Oliveira) via KO/TKO
    11%
    Hokistephenl15 2 votes
    Cowboy (Oliveira) via Decision
    16%
    xtal191davidsatelle100cintec 3 votes
    Cowboy (Oliveira) via Submission
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Another Sunday card. **** off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »

Sadly they have been performing very well ratings-wise and it's going to become far more common this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw Brian Stann tweeted saying the Pensylvania alethic commission aren't treating the fighters too well. Wonder what's going on.

Also wonder will US Cowboy wear the flag in his shorts.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Sadly they have been performing very well ratings-wise and it's going to become far more common this year :(

Yeah, unfortunately that looks to be the case.

I just checked and in 2015 out of 40 events we had 7 held on Sunday which is almost twice as many as I actually thought there was before looking into it.

In 2016 there's 15 events scheduled/already completed at the moment and we've already had 2 Sunday events (including tonight) with 3 more Sunday events to come among those. Exactly one-third of this years scheduled events so far are on a Sunday! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw Brian Stann tweeted saying the Pensylvania alethic commission aren't treating the fighters too well. Wonder what's going on.

Also wonder will US Cowboy wear the flag in his shorts.

On the fans Q&A thing he did the other day he said he was going to wear the flag thing.

Few more tweets by Stann too
    Pennsylvania Athletic Commission has beem absolutely terrible to these fighters today. Will hurt PA’s chances for future cards
    Made fighters do their physicals in the middle of their cut time, Dr’s were then late which gave them less time to cut
    Last minute switches left & right to include specific tests for female fighters after they weighed in and are ready to go eat
    Also forgot, their Doctor overslept and then decided not to show. Making it way worse for the athletes. Luckily athletes were pros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Half 10 start on Fight Pass.....Sweet! :D

Hmm notice Garbrandt's fight is at Catchweight 142 pounds must be compromise with the late change in opponent (Mendes) who also holding a perfect record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is anyone else finding it hard to get excited about this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

John_D80 wrote: »

That's the norm for me lately, well, not even lately, for the past few years, maybe only 2 or 3 cards per year i get excited for.

I can remember about 10yrs ago +, card on early hours in U.S, avoid all results then watch it all on Bravo at 9pm on Sunday night.

Not even heard of half the fighters nowadays

Yeah, but it's more so to do with the fact that it's on a Sunday night and I'll only get to watch 4 or 5 fights live before being forced to call it a night. I'll watch the main event in the morning and the rest when I get home from work, but it's just not the same not watching it live. Admittedly if this was on a Saturday night I'd be looking forward to it.

I was also looking forward to seeing Cody Garbrandt, arguably the fighter I dislike most on the entire roster at the moment, getting picked apart by John Lineker, but that fight had to be scrapped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Theres a rogan fight companion on for this so ill probably stay up and watch the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yep. The Fantasy helps a bit but it's all a bit meh :confused:

Yeah, but it's more so to do with the fact that it's on a Sunday night and I'll only get to watch 4 or 5 fights live before being forced to call it a night. I'll watch the main event in the morning and the rest when I get home from work, but it's just not the same not watching it live. Admittedly if this was on a Saturday night I'd be looking forward to it.

I was also looking forward to seeing Cody Garbrandt, arguably the fighter I dislike most on the entire roster at the moment, getting picked apart by John Lineker, but that fight had to be scrapped.

Pretty much my exact reasons for not being excited for this card. I'm still hoping Garbrandt gets beat (by 1st round sub!!) even if he did dodge a bullet with Lineker pulling out.

Yeah, yesterday I was actually looking forward to having something to watch on a Saturday night again :P

As unappealing as this event may be IMO main events aside the undercard here is a lot better than next weeks UFC London but that's as far as I'd go to commend it. As far as I can recall the Henderson Thatch card round this time last year was nothing to write home about either.

As unappealing as this event may be IMO main events aside the undercard here is a lot better than next weeks UFC London but that's as far as I'd go to commend it. As far as I can recall the Henderson Thatch card round this time last year was nothing to write home about either.

Thatch getting strangled by Benson Henderson would make up for any garbage card the size difference was crazy in that one of my favourite fights in the last year.

FightPass stream just went live. Gonna watch 2 or 3 fights and head to bed I think.

EDIT: Ooops it was just an ad. This is starting at half ten though right?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Thatch getting strangled by Benson Henderson would make up for any garbage card the size difference was crazy in that one of my favourite fights in the last year.

It was a great fight alright it was also somewhat surprisingly maybe the first time I twigged the toothpick, I think some of the other fights ended up being decent too besides them on paper appearing bleak.

FightPass stream just went live. Gonna watch 2 or 3 fights and head to bed I think.

EDIT: Ooops it was just an ad. This is starting at half ten though right?

Correct. I wish this was on fightpass and next week was on BT as I'm up in college on Sunday nights so can watch FPass on my laptop but not BT. Kinda sucks that BT aren't/can't televise the London card.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Correct. I wish this was on fightpass and next week was on BT as I'm up in college on Sunday nights so can watch FPass on my laptop but not BT. Kinda sucks that BT aren't/can't televise the London card.

Why isn't it on BT?

Why isn't it on BT?

Fight Pass card and I think there's a 10pm watershed in UK could be wrong. Didn't see it on listings anyway

• Advertisement

30-27 Abdurakhimov for me.

Absolute garbage hope thats not a sign to come

Conditioning and experience could be the deciding factors here. Murphy starting to take control. She's tough as old boots.

The female fights are generally always good value. This is very enjoyable.

Great fight. Absolute war and either round could go either way so far arguably

Murphy was losing that 29-28 if it had gone to a decision IMO.

Referee are you facking serious? That stopage was about 20 elbows too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just tuned in, looks like i missed a war!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Good stoppage for Murphy. Don't think she was guaranteed to win that one on points.

• Advertisement

Murphy was losing that 29-28 if it had gone to a decision IMO.

I would have given a 10-8 in the last if it had finished. That transition to mount was the icing on the cake for that round. Pure dominance. I would have had it 28-28 after 3.

Advertisement