Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Cowboy v Cowboy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

Tuned in late to thqt one. Jesus that was vicious, thought the ref could have stopped it way earlier. Yer wan was in bits.

Lauren getting emotional there and starting to blubb away like a male fighter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Cowboy (Cerrone) via Submission
    tinpib wrote: »
    Tuned in late to thqt one. Jesus that was vicious, thought the ref could have stopped it way earlier. Yer wan was in bits.

Lauren getting emotional there and starting to blubb away like a male fighter :pac:

#topbanter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

"A lot of changes to her training for this fight". Eh yeah, no Hydrochlorizide this time. :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Cowboy (Oliveira) via KO/TKO
    What's all this about Ashlee Evans second chance, did she do something between now and her debut?

Edit: looks like Paully gave me the answer :D

Just a few more seconds and that would have been POTN sub for sure.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if Silva v Bisping is on next weekend? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cowboy (Cerrone) via Decision
    Did the cutman have 'Stitch' on his gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hmm notice Garbrandt's fight is at Catchweight 142 pounds must be compromise with the late change in opponent (Mendes) who also holding a perfect record.

It was changed to a catchweight bout after Mendes missed weight. He came in at 142.

Mendes could be a dark horse here. His odds by sub are 13/2, took a little bite of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tinpib wrote: »
    Tuned in late to thqt one. Jesus that was vicious, thought the ref could have stopped it way earlier. Yer wan was in bits

Agreed awful ref, great bout though

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did the cutman have 'Stitch' on his gloves?

Its a common enough nickname among guys in that job I think.

• Advertisement

Whoever that guy is making that ''OWWW'' noise is some man. He's at every event lately.

Mellor wrote: »
    It was changed to a catchweight bout after Mendes missed weight. He came in at 142.

Mendes could be a dark horse here. His odds by sub are 13/2, took a little bite of that one.

Oh right didn't see that, any idea why Cody was listed as weighing in at 140.5 then? Assuming he knew opponent issues before taking scale possibly? take it Mendes giving up purse percentage

John_D80 wrote: »
    Its a common enough nickname among guys in that job I think.

Ah thought it was sine kind of snakey tribute :)

Yupp Rick Flairs in full effect.

30-27 was an insane score.

Whoa!

Stevie Wonder giving the nod to Evans-Smith 30-27 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'd love to see Evans-Smith kick the shít out of those asshole in the crowd. See how big they are then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Thats a very questionable win, particularly the 30-27.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Mellor wrote: »

The catchweight was agreed before the weigh ins, more than likely as part of the terms of the short notice fight .

Thought it was 29-28 either way as it was a close fight so was shocked one Judge didn't give Reneau the first round, when I heard 30-27 I assumed Reneau was gonna get the W.

• Advertisement

I scored it 29-28 to reneau but I honestly couldn't begrudge her (Smith) the win as rounds 2 & 3 were close in fairness.

But 30-27??? FFS

That's me off to bed.

Goodnight all, enjoy the rest of the card.

Crowd full of boos, then she says womens mma is here to stay, a few women in the crowd give her her first cheers :P Not happy with the Decision, I had Renaud by Dec and I was expecting her to get it. 30-27 Smith is a joke.

I know mma judges can be dodgy but an investigation needs to be started against that 30-27 to Evans. Wtf was he watching in the first round???

Webb looking like he was the short notice guy

TWO(!!!) judges gave the 1st round to Evans-Smith... And the last judge added up incorrectly should've said 29-28 not 29-27...

And it was the judge who can't add who gave the first to Reneau :P

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/701561132914356224

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh right didn't see that, any idea why Cody was listed as weighing in at 140.5 then? Assuming he knew opponent issues before taking scale possibly? take it Mendes giving up purse percentage
    I'd assume that they was aware with some time to go that he wouldn't make it. And let Garbrandt know in advance and changed it to catchweight.
    Hoki wrote: »
    The catchweight was agreed before the weigh ins, more than likely as part of the terms of the short notice fight .
    It was agreed as 135. Mendes requested a change in weight but was declined, initially anyway. It came up on the weigh-in graphic as 135. But Sholler called out 142. I'd guess it was a late change to catchweight when Mendes wasn't going to make it. He was fined 20% of his purse for missing weight.

The Holy War Angel eh how bout that guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hate to be the guy he's coming for

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

The holy dude is a beast. Did he draw a holy cross with his hand before the headkick?

Advertisement