Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone placing bets on whether there'll be a part for my car week or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Strong price for 130k km

I'd love to know what shape the battery is actually in. I had planned to test it out myself with the gadget thingy. Never got around to it.

Great car, still have a soft spot for it. Fond memories of the funny looks and double takes you'd get off people right when we got it first when they'd hear the spaceship noise out of it.

Same. I'd love another Ioniq, great cars. If we ever move to a 2 EV household the Ioniq will for sure be the second one.

• Advertisement

Mooney's EV ad.... "Cheapest" in the title. That's the best joke I've heard all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

I'd love to know what shape the battery is actually in. I had planned to test it out myself with the gadget thingy. Never got around to it.

FWIW I bought Ballylads 171 bout 2 months ago with bout 125K on it, its up at 135 now and I'm still showing between 225 and 235kms on a full charge and without going on the motorway I'd say I'd definitely get that range. I have an OBDI, I'll try and get the SOC later. Any recommendations for a good app for the Ioniq?

bootser wrote: »
    FWIW I bought Ballylads 171 bout 2 months ago with bout 125K on it, its up at 135 now and I'm still showing between 225 and 235kms on a full charge and without going on the motorway I'd say I'd definitely get that range. I have an OBDI, I'll try and get the SOC later. Any recommendations for a good app for the Ioniq?

Is canioniq still a gooden?

Anyone placing bets on whether there'll be a part for my car week or not?

Technically there's no part for me this week. Supposed to be arriving on Monday, but they've no availability to fit it, but if I can leave the car they'll see what they can do. We'll see what happens, it's only been a month sure

bootser wrote: »
    FWIW I bought Ballylads 171 bout 2 months ago with bout 125K on it, its up at 135 now and I'm still showing between 225 and 235kms on a full charge and without going on the motorway I'd say I'd definitely get that range.

Sounds pretty similar. It has barely been driven since March. Nice little rest for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

I asked Mooney to give me a quote for mine, 2017 with 45000Km -- they said 15.000 quite a bit of margin they make if they sell it around 18-19000 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

jeremy_g wrote: »
    I asked Mooney to give me a quote for mine, 2017 with 45000Km -- they said 15.000 quite a bit of margin they make if they sell it around 18-19000 :)

And a margin for what? They don't have to add anything to the warranty. They don't have to fix anything at their cost (as anything broken needed to be fixed under warranty anyway)

If the car is clean and without the need for replacing consumables like tyres, that margin is taking the p1ss. Better off selling it yourself, jeremy_g

unkel wrote: »
    And a margin for what? They don't have to add anything to the warranty. They don't have to fix anything at their cost (as anything broken needed to be fixed under warranty anyway)

If the car is clean and without the need for replacing consumables like tyres, that margin is taking the p1ss. Better off selling it yourself, jeremy_g

We all know Hyundai do the most expensive car wash these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Fast forward to 8 minutes in
    This is the kona, but Ioniq is similar. He says an update took away the battery saver option and the battery saver warnings

He goes on to say afterwards his 12v battery went dead and car would not open. He suspects one of the car doors was not 100% closed, in particular the boot , for 4 hours, and the door open warning appeared in the binacle, but the car locked and mirrors went in. This door open warning (no sound) then continued for 4 hours keeping car awake and drained battery. Note car is less than a year old so battery should be OK. A quick jump and he was away.

I wonder if same applies to Ioniq. I might do a test if I get time. The fix would be a beep if car is locked but one door is not fully closed.

The fix would be a change in the software so it constantly monitors the 12V battery and tops it up from the main traction battery as needed. So no matter what you do, the 12V will never be low. All Teslas do this.

Many additional benefits from the car always being alive, like being able to communicate with it, start it remotely / via phone if you lost your key, heat it remotely, use its GPS to track it (if it's stolen), etc.

That said, it's the only known fault with Ioniq, so we can't complain really though, can we? :)

As I mentioned before I traded my Ioniq for an eNiro.

My experience when trying to trade in the Ioniq was interesting to say the least. You can see what my old car is up on the market for. But some interesting pieces of information were dropped along the way.

So I started my search in Kilcullen. I had been in there a few times telling them what I was looking for exactly. We did out some numbers last October. The offer for the Ioniq then was €15750. As it was hypothetical I didnt push back on it. Assumed we'd revisit at a later date. Their recurring message was they couldn't get their hands on any. I emailed them in April or May. Heard nothing back. I believe someone was on here saying that they walked into Kilcullen and bought an eNiro around May or June. Meh. Assuming it was a colour I wasn't interested in.

I also had a conversation with dealership in Kilkenny around October, they told me they didn't want the Ioniq.

Once all the Coronavirus stuff kicked off a small bit of supply emerged and there were cars in Dublin, Cork, Wexford, Meath and Donegal.
    The Dublin lads offered me €13000. Got a snake oil salesman vibe off them. Even went to meet them at the height of the Coronavirus stuff. No thanks.
    The Cork lads also offered me €13000. No thanks.
    I had a bit of back and forth with the Meath lads. They were in pole position at one point. They never got back to me with a concrete offer and I moved on.
    I had a single conversation with Wexford. They never got back to me.
    Donegal were the only lads that actually attempted to make a deal which shows that they have actual sales people and not a bunch of empty shirts. It makes no sense to me that you have someone who clearly wants to make a purchase and tries to do so with 7 different dealers and only one of them could get close to making a deal happen. Baffling stuff.

I'm obviously not going to go into too much specifics of the exact money side of it with Donegal. But I was quite happy with it. Certainly not €13000!

I was also told along the way by a couple of the dealers that if you trade in an Ioniq Kia have to sell it on to a Hyundai garage. That's why my old Ioniq is in Mooneys Deansgrange. It was passed on to them by the Kia Donegal lads.

Kia and Hyundai are sister companies, but not everyone is aware of this. It makes good business sense to sell a young second hand car in the main dealer of the same make, to maximise profits. Can't blame them for that :)

unkel wrote: »
    Kia and Hyundai are sister companies, but not everyone is aware of this. It makes good business sense to sell a young second hand car in the main dealer of the same make, to maximise profits. Can't blame them for that :)

Right, it's just an extra pair of hands it's mandated to go througn and everyone wants their cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

Just stuck up a post "the range debate"
    For some more Ioniq 28 praise,should posted here I guess.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Loupylou

Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked a million times 🙈
    I am in the market for a new set of tyres for my Ioniq. Looking for recommendations.

Want to protect my range where possible but also went decent grip as we get into winter!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Loupylou wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked a million times ��
    I am in the market for a new set of tyres for my Ioniq. Looking for recommendations.

Want to protect my range where possible but also went decent grip as we get into winter!

Personally went for the Continental AllSeasonContact got them from eiretyres. Great grip in the cold and wet, and negligible if any grip on motorway in the dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

Loupylou wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked a million times ��

When we got our Ioniq 28 second hand in February the dealer fitted new Michelin Primacy 4. Compared to test driving same car with original tyres the new ones are quieter with good grip.

Cannot compare efficiency but car seems to freewheel effortlessly. According to car, summer efficiency is 10kWh/100km or sometimes better on slow rural roads and between 10kWh and 12kWh on national routes max 100km/h. We rarely use motorways in the Ioniq not being blessed with them in our area.

eagerv wrote: »
    Cannot compare efficiency but car seems to freewheel effortlessly. According to car, summer efficiency is 10kWh/100km or sometimes better on slow rural roads and between 10kWh and 12kWh on national routes max 100km/h. We rarely use motorways in the Ioniq not being blessed with them in our area.

The only car that can do it's full NEDC range with ease :D

Went with Goodyear efficient grip performance 2a few months back. Can't say I've noticed a drop in efficiency, though I've not had many king drives at all, and not much rain to test the grip. Reviews and ratings suggest they're good at both

Technically there's no part for me this week. Supposed to be arriving on Monday, but they've no availability to fit it, but if I can leave the car they'll see what they can do. We'll see what happens, it's only been a month sure

Hopefully this is the end of the saga. Part has been replaced, and with a quick check the cable locked in place. Annoyingly the dealer left my Bluetooth obd2 device thrown on the drivers footwell, rather than where they found it... In the port. And also unplugged my dash cam from the 12v port and unplugged the cable from the camera itself. I only noticed that one after some lady pulled out in front of me and I tried to record the near miss but couldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Winter Range is back!

Just a heads up, I drove back from the north on Sunday night, with temperature around 12 degrees, and keeping to 100kmph up north, and 110kmph on the M1 motorway, I arrived home in turtle mode and 1% battery remaining after driving just 169kms.

With 50 or so kilometers to go I slowed down to LeafSpeed to make sure I'd make it home as well.

A reminder again that the second "half" of the Ioniq's battery is smaller than the first "half". My range on the GOM was holding steady until the battery hit 50%, then it dropped like a stone.

Only a few weeks ago, in warmer weather and driving faster on the trip up, I arrived with 35kms of range left.

Off to Westport tomorrow, wish me luck :P

Yes, that was one of my few gripes with my Ioniq. The battery was not linear and the second "half" was more like 40-45%.

Yeah, that combined with winter range can give people a shock on longer trips!

From practice I knew in that weather I'd get 170kms out of the car so was ok setting off on my 169km trip haha.

*I may have spent the last 50kms doing several frantic efficiency equations and mental arithmetic haha

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Yeah, that combined with winter range can give people a shock on longer trips!

From practice I knew in that weather I'd get 170kms out of the car so was ok setting off on my 169km trip haha.

*I may have spent the last 50kms doing several frantic efficiency equations and mental arithmetic haha
    Yes I've done that one too. Sold the car shortly after in disgust! People on boards gave the impression of 200-230 km all year round, and it couldnt even do 170 down to wexford.

• Advertisement

Ha, I nearly made an offer on your Model S for the very same reason haha :D

In bad weather I've gotten less than 160kms out of the car (to zero!). On the hottest summers day (greater than 20 degrees, driving slower than 110kmph) I've gotten 240kms out her.

That's a 55% increase in summer range compared to winter range!

I think I'll advocate for the "Big Al Range Scale" for all EVs...
    1. Winter Range at 120 km/h
    2. Winter Range for City Driving
    3. Summer Range at 120 km/h
    4. Summer range for City Driving

I think this would really reduce a lot of confusion with EVs.

It's pretty funny / blatant false advertising that the Ioniq was marketed as a 280km range car when it first came out :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement