Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fermi wrote: »
    Yeah, it was 2-3 miles outside Balla, on the Claremorris side. there was heavy fog, I also spotted you last second otherwise I would flashed lights or so.. see you next time maybe..

That was me alright :D you did well to spot me, the fog was brutal yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Eah lads, anyone got a Rex ? :D

Had one, the i3s, didn't like it..............got an Ioniq instead, far better car & no fossil burning, bike engine in the back :D.

wHxutSC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Little blurry - passenger took picture, but the sentiment is there...

Lo59nug.jpg

Ironic, BEV Ioniq, saving the polar bears, drafting behind, a polar bear, on the back of a diesel truck.

:pac:

VCpURMW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Had my Ioniq serviced today and got an I30 for the day.

Lovely new 191 car. I detested it! Back to manual gears, sluggish on the road compared to the Ioniq. I couldn't wait to collect my car again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Lovely new 191 car. I detested it! Back to manual gears, sluggish on the road compared to the Ioniq. I couldn't wait to collect my car again.

How much does a service on the Ioniq cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Similar experience last year. Had a brand spanking new ix20 as a replacement car and I hated it.
    acer911 wrote: »
    How much does a service on the Ioniq cost?

I paid EUR0.00 for the first 15k km service after one year. The dealer was about to tell me how much it was going to cost, but I was having none of it. The car needed a software update as the old firmware was faulty. It also needed the charge port actuator replacing (recall) and the ECU inspected (recall). Took 2 days. I challenged them that it should not cost anything after all that hassle and they conceded.

I did pay EUR45 for the bootliner though, so they did make a little bit of money off me :p

Coming up to my 2 year and 30k km service now. I don't expect it to cost much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

My car's in for it's first today. I got a nice surprise! My car came with a 5 service pack included. I was in for a calibration on the LKAS camera after a new screen and as I was booking it in for the service I was told it would be free. Happy days.

I remember haggling hard, but I forgot that I haggled in a service pack. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My car's in for it's first today. I got a nice surprise! My car came with a 5 service pack included. I was in for a calibration on the LKAS camera after a new screen and as I was booking it in for the service I was told it would be free. Happy days.

I remember haggling hard, but I forgot that I haggled in a service pack. :D

Happy Days :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

People often forget about service packs, I always phone the manufacturers before buying second hand to check, my current CRV had a 5 yr service pack that the dealer did not know about so I ended up with 3 free services

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I was in for a calibration on the LKAS camera after a new screen

Did the screen replacement company not do that? They did for me. Or were you not happy with the results?

unkel wrote: »
    Did the screen replacement company not do that? They did for me. Or were you not happy with the results?

They replaced the screen at the dealer, but the tech there had to do the calibration. This was with Autoglass.

I'm heading up to Frank Keane now to give them 400 Euro's of my hard earned, blame the Rex haha.

Oil, filter, Brake fluid , wash and I hope a full charge or else..........

Still, every 2 years regardless of mileage, I don't really care and it's a possibility I won't be servicing it again because my PCP is up in November 2020. Yikes, nearly half way there already !

Just picked up the car. Serviced (?) and washed.

Now to figure out what this live charger info is all about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

Last time a main dealer washed my car after a service it took them 3 days to repair the paint damage after..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,427 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm heading up to Frank Keane now to give them 400 Euro's of my hard earned, blame the Rex haha.

Oil, filter, Brake fluid , wash and I hope a full charge or else........

Still, every 2 years regardless of mileage, I don't really care and it's a possibility I won't be servicing it again because my PCP is up in November 2020. Yikes, nearly half way there already !

Does Frank Keane day every 2 years is is that written in the manual ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just picked up the car. Serviced (?) and washed.

Now to figure out what this live charger info is all about. :D

New features on the infotainment is there?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    New features on the infotainment is there?

I haven't had the chance to poke around in it, but there is live charger info. It's in the nav POI chargepoint section. Also, rapid chargers are now included on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Only have my 171 Ioniq for 48hrs but already WOW! Some difference from my 151 L24; my 65km commute home (from 100%) used to leave me with around 40% L24 battery - now 75%!
    Comfort & gadgets galore too :D
    Also can now make full use of the 4 32amp chargers at work too :D:D
    The Auto Hold feature is great - as are the 3 levels of regen.
    Great car all round!!

Only have my 171 Ioniq for 48hrs but already WOW! Some difference from my 151 L24; my 65km commute home (from 100%) used to leave me with around 40% L24 battery - now 75%!
    Great car all round!!

Ahem... 4.

Zero is a level. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Ahem... 4.

Zero is a level. :D

But is it regenerating electricity at level 0? I thought level 0 was free wheeling :confused:

ted1 wrote: »
    Does Frank Keane day every 2 years is is that written in the manual ?

It tells you in the app and car when the service is due and what needs to be done.

highdef wrote: »
    But is it regenerating electricity at level 0? I thought level 0 was free wheeling :confused:

You're right. There is no regen at level 0. It's still a level, so there are 4 levels as Silent Running tried to explain:

:)

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Great car all round!!

Did I see some review mention that the auto hold was off by default, and the car doesn't remember what it was set to once you turn off the car? ie. I turn on autohold today, but tomorrow it's back to the default "off" position.

Did I see some review mention that the auto hold was off by default, and the car doesn't remember what it was set to once you turn off the car? ie. I turn on autohold today, but tomorrow it's back to the default "off" position.

Yep, that's the case. It's one of the buttons that I hit when I'm starting up. Along with the noisemaker off and turning on cruise control.

That's right. Same as the driving mode. Every Ioniq owner has a default combination of clicks when they get in their car. For me it's just: car on, sports mode. For some it is car on, sports mode, auto hold, vess etc maybe we should have a poll to see what's most popular :p

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yep, that's the case. It's one of the buttons that I hit when I'm starting up. Along with the noisemaker off and turning on cruise control.
    unkel wrote: »
    That's right. Same as the driving mode. Every Ioniq owner has a default combination of clicks when they get in their car. For me it's just: car on, sports mode. For some it is car on, sports mode, auto hold, vess etc maybe we should have a poll to see what's most popular :p

Can bad UX be a pet peeve, or is it just ****e no matter what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭zg3409

I had my 2 years service recently on my 171 Ioniq with 18,000km on clock
    It cost me 140 euro from Airside Swords Dealer in Dublin. I would be interested in how much others paid for the 2 year service

The 2 years service is slightly different to a 1 year service in that they also change the brake fluid in addition to the cabin pollen filter. I had rotated my tyres myself about 6 months ago to put the worn tyres from the front to the rear, as the front tyres wear more, and the rear wear little to nothing.

They charged me 5 Euro for the brake fluid. They charged me 100 Euro for the labour which I would expect is slightly less for the 1 year service which does not include the brake fluid change.

They also gave the car a once over and a wash outside, but did not clean inside. I asked before about a loaner car and they mentioned I would need to transfer my own comprehensive insurance over, so I did not do that.

My next service is due in a years time or at 33,000KM

Note the cabin pollen filter is hyundai part number 97133G2000 which seems to be shared with other cars and available online. They charged me 36 Euro for this filter, which is probably a bit excessive.

Overall I was happy enough, but I would urge others to shop around, and you could change the pollen filter yourself and save 15+ Euro.
    The cabin pollen filter cross references to the following makes:
    ASAM: 71937
    Ashuki: Y030-25, Y030-26, Y030-27
    Blue Print: ADG02551, ADG02574, ADG02594, ADG02595
    Bosch: 1987432224
    Champion: CCF0448
    Clean Filters: NC2367
    Comline: EKF324A
    Corteco: 49359582, 49382449
    Denso: DCF582P
    Febi Bilstein: 34555
    Fenox: FCC104, FCS104
    Filtron: K1332
    Goodwill: AG403CFC, AG403/2CFC
    Hengst Filter: E2995LI
    Herth+buss Jakoparts: J1340521, J1340532
    Hoffer: 17455
    Kavo Parts: KC-6120C
    Knecht: LA464
    Magneti Marelli: 350203062760, 359002320270, 359002320540
    Mahle Original: LA464
    Mann-Filter: CU24004, CUK24004
    Meat & Doria: 17455
    Purflux: AH359
    Quinton Hazell: QFC0403
    SCT Germany: SA1281
    Sidat: 382
    Swag: 90934555
    Vemo: V52-30-0014

474470.JPG

474471.JPG

474472.JPG

474473.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Saw a metallic blue Ioniq passing through Glanmire yesterday. Had the nose wrapped to match the bodywork, and she looked lovely.

Anyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

Hello BEV-heads, I recently joined your gang when I traded in my 06 Lexus is250 for a 172 ioniq. Absolutely love it and I get such a kick out of the cost savings. Even though the Lexus was 13 years old it was really well spec’d, and whatever we got had a lot to live up to!

Autohold, lane assist, reverse camera and apple car play are really nice features, but I do miss my memory seat settings, electric seats, touch door unlock and the plushness of the lexus interior. In terms of driving it has great poke, possibly better than the v6 lexus? But it doesn’t handle nearly as well, and if I’m too heavy on the accelerator I get spinney wheels :D.

Thankfully we got our home charger installed the day after we got it because my two experiences with the public network didn’t go well. If I’m lucky I can also park beside a 13amp socket in work which is awesome. All and all another happy ioniq-er!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement