Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show February 20th 2016 9.55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Final Approach

sudzs wrote: »
    He's dressed like an undertaker!

He is, but it's the closest he'll ever get to being one as he doesn't even have the personality to be an undertaker if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I would love it if Sylvester Stallone wins the Oscar for playing Rocky in Creed.

You could poke lots of holes in his performance, but there was something about it that I enjoyed a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray has a nine year old???

He kept that quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

You have a 9 year old Ray??? What's his name?!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

AMKC wrote: »
    This is terrible the music the audience even sound bored and the clapping forced. Jeez Ray is so boring. The sooner RTE get rid of him and get Brenden O Conner back the better.

Won't happen till 2018 at the earliest. Jenny got Ray has a 3 year contract for this in his back pocket.

Kids get a mention just over 4 minutes in. Ray's losing it, noormally they get a mention in the first 180 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swine

Reference to his children and running all before 10PM. 2 to tick off the bingo card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How does Ray manage to sound so uninterested in what other people say? Right. Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ray has a child?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

abrahamson has come across as an arrogant so and so in a lot of interviews I've seen so far , will he continue in the same vein tonight ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Skid X wrote: »
    I would love it if Sylvester Stallone wins the Oscar for playing Rocky in Creed.

You could poke lots of holes in his performance, but there was something about it that I enjoyed a lot.

I thought he was great in it! Best he's been for a long long lonnnnnnng time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DJ on the national radio station and hasn't a breeze who the weekend is . He only had one of the biggest singles of last year Ray but how would that be relevant to your job

Love ' Can't feel my face'.

Maybe The Weeknd were in Ireland and listened to Ray and felt numb after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"Are you small or is she tall".

says the giant himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Britain's own Saoirse Ronan looking good for an Oscar.

*dives for cover*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Really hope Stallone wins. Loved that film, was a great continuation from Rocky Balboa. Michael B. Jordan should have been nominated as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

.....and there's the height reference #fullhouse

*dives for cover*

Didn't the Irish film win best British film at the BAFTAS?

*dives for cover*

No bother. I've heard one or two media people claiming that an Oscar win for Brie Larson will be classed as an Irish win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Oops69 wrote: »
    abrahamson has come across as an arrogant so and so in a lot of interviews I've seen so far , will he continue in the same vein tonight ?

I really cant imagine a down to earth director. They have to pretend or know they know best for better or worse

If I was going to the Oscars I would want an Armani suit made from Alpacas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Quick Fire Questions - Smash Hits Style"

Eh, feck off Ray.

Smash Hits asked genuinely clever offbeat questions which got the interviewees to inadvertently reveal more of themselves than they had intended.

Miles ahead of your level :mad:

I hope Ray's career goes down the dumper soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Red Kev wrote: »
    Won't happen till 2018 at the earliest. Jenny got Ray has a 3 year contract for this in his back pocket.

Kids get a mention just over 4 minutes in. Ray's losing it, noormally they get a mention in the first 180 seconds.

Not if lawsuits starting coming into RTE and the general public keep complaining about how insensitive and bad Ray is. See how long is contract will keep him then. Contracts can be broken and turn up.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The misery slot this week sponsored by cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

.....and there's the height reference #fullhouse

I hope nobody tries making a drinking game of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Time for the misery slot.

She looks a bit like Terry Killeen.

Anyone can do DNA test that tests for diseases, you don't need to go to your doctor.
    I took a DNA test for health and ancestry. The results were all good, low risk for cancer apart from skin, which is no surprise as I burn so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Was thinking those boys were a bit too upbeat here's a nice cancer story to keep our feet on the ground. Reevas mother should ice the cake nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Good evening all!
    RobertKK wrote: »
    If I was going to the Oscars I would want an Armani suit made from Alpacas.

Just don't tell Aongus o Ghrianna RTE Newsreader, he breeds them ;)
    "Quick Fire Questions - Smash Hits Style"

Eh, feck off Ray.

Smash Hits asked genuinely clever offbeat questions which got the interviewees to inadvertently reveal more of themselves than they had intended.

Miles ahead of your level :mad:

I hope Ray's career goes down the dumper soon.

More like Car crash, than Smash Hits :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Time for the misery slot.

The first one anyway.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

She looks a bit like Terry Killeen.

Love how you say Terry Killeen (and not Kate Thompson) and everyone knows who you mean :D:D

Advertisement