Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush 40 Inch 4K UHD Freeview HD Smart LED TV €344.99

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Some people get tired of Bush very quickly and look for a new model.

Absolute BS.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Absolute BS.:cool:

It's ok Kris, she doesn't read Boards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Balmed Out wrote: »

Well obviously the key difference is that those two are ordinary 1080p/Full HD TV's. The Bush is a 4K TV, if you don't have a need for a 4K TV then there are loads of Full HD options that come into play - there is actually a current bargain thread on a Full HD smart TV...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057583764

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Actually while i'm on this thread, I don't suppose anybody could give a definitive comment on using this TV as a monitor for a PC? In particular:

- Are the lags issues acceptable after applying the latest firmware fixes? I mean acceptable in terms of general productivity tool use, not gaming (I'm thinking of using it as a coding monitor)

- Any chance someone could try the Chroma 4:4:4 test on this? Either @60Hz or 30Hz. For productivity/coding work getting 4:4:4 is crucial - I have another (more expensive!) 4K TV as a monitor in another location and so I have experience of what both 4:4:4 and 4:2:0 looks like on text - you definitely want 4:4:4! You can test 4:4:4 by going to this image:
    http://www.abload.de/img/chroma-large-29ooi6.png

It is important that the browser window is at 100% scaling and that the image is fully magnified (click once if you see a magnifier icon when you open the image)

You can see pics of what to expect in this thread:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228&page=993

If you see the 4:4:4 image only at 30Mz, do you think 30Hz is acceptable for general use? For graphics adapter reasons I am running my current 4K TV at 30Hz and it is fine, no visible mouse lag at all when browsing/coding.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nutshell84

Hi to all, can some one help, I need to know the HDR, i applicable, on this Telly, the new X Box OneS needs "HDR10" for it to work fully, but it is also called: HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range, HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color, anyone know/help if this cheap model has HDR at all? Thanks in advance.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nutshell84 wrote: »
    Hi to all, can some one help, I need to know the HDR, i applicable, on this Telly, the new X Box OneS needs "HDR10" for it to work fully, but it is also called: HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range, HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color, anyone know/help if this cheap model has HDR at all? Thanks in advance.

Going by the price I seriously doubt this TV has HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

nutshell84 wrote:

Curry's/PC World have a 43" LG 4K,HDR 10 Smart TV(WebOS 3.0) for €650 atm.

Model no. LG43UH668V

Bought one myself over the weekend to use with the Xbox One S and so far their a match made in heaven ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚

BTW I upgraded from the Bush TV in this thread and the LG is miles better in terms of Picture, Sound & Smart TV functions for anyone that's looking at upgrading themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alan McG

Alzashop is selling 42" TVs for almost half that price, €342.23. They're not smart, but a Chromecast will sort that and will work with any phone or laptop.

alzashop.com/42-lg-42lf5610-d2906629.htm?catid=18849604#

The TV even has saorview and satellite decoder so no need for Virgin or Sky.

I know some of LG's cheaper TVs didn't come with audio outputs (which was just bizarre), but this one seems to have them.

Deffo a good deal.

Alzashop is selling 42" TVs for almost half that price, €342.23. They're not smart, but a Chromecast will sort that and will work with any phone or laptop.

alzashop.com/42-lg-42lf5610-d2906629.htm

I know some of LG's cheaper TVs didn't come with audio outputs (which was just bizarre), but this one seems to have them.

Deffo a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Alan McG wrote: »

alzashop.com/42-lg-42lf5610-d2906629.htm

Deffo a good deal.
    is that site legit?

is that site legit?

It certainly is. I bought a TV and a few other bits from there last year and was very happy with the service. I'd imagine the only downside is if you'd have to return something though. Could get very expensive very quickly.

They don't seem to do TVs over 42" any more though. I guess it doesn't make economic sense to ship anything larger across Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

There's a Hisense 43" 4K Smart LED TV on Amazon that I'd have a long look at if I were in the market for a new TV.

Works out approx. €345 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E6GS0PA/?tag=ho01f-21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone having an issue with Netflix on this in the last week?

Stuttering a lot and sometimes wont load shows.

Looks like the app was updated at some stage recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Anyone having an issue with Netflix on this in the last week?

Stuttering a lot and sometimes wont load shows.

Looks like the app was updated at some stage recently.
    Did you try deleting it and reinstalling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

deco nate wrote: »
    Did you try deleting it and reinstalling?

didnt see a way to delete the app, I'll have a look again when I get home. nice one!

Advertisement