Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush 40 Inch 4K UHD Freeview HD Smart LED TV €344.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

rogieop wrote: »
    Just measured it and the stand is roughly 82cm wide, and the stand legs are roughly 11cm wide. The legs dont swivel they are screwed in.

After a bit more playing around with its pretty bog standard as a smart tv. All it really is of any use for is netflix or streaming from websites which i could have used chrome cast for anyway. Everything else is 100%. Will definitely be buying another one for the mother.

that's brilliant just needed to know it would be a safe fit on the stand. and good to know you're happy with the picture quality, and the sound, the two most important things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

The girlfriend and I bought one of these each last week and the TV is great! The netflix app correctly picks up that the tv supports 4K so you'll get their offering of 4k Ultra HD tv shows which include Better Call Saul and Breaking bad. Even standard definition programs on sky look decent when I've seen other HD tv's that show horrible quality for them. The netflix app is very fast and the youtube app works flawlessly.

The TV has 4 HDMI connections as well as 2 USB 3.0 slots on the left hand side and one USB 2.0 on the back. The TV supports MKV and most other formats that you throw at it!

The smart tv store is nothing special but it does have deezer if anyone streams their music from the service. No spotify though as far as I could tell.

Just FYI for people as I haven't seen it posted here yet. Some 4K tv's have input lag with consoles and this is indeed the case with this tv. Playing Tomb Raider on my girlfriends Xbox One through this tv resulted in a delay of estimate 1 second between moving the analog stick and the character moving on the screen. Now don't panic! Their is a fix built into the tv. Simply go into the video menu in the tv settings and change the picture mode to "Game" and this will drastically reduce the lag on the tv. I also found this to be the case while moving the cursor on my android box with an air mouse remote. Once I changed the picture mode it was fine.

Anyway I hope I have answered any questions that people may have had and let me know if ye have any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Daniel112 wrote: »
    The girlfriend and I bought one of these each last week and the TV is great! The netflix app correctly picks up that the tv supports 4K so you'll get their offering of 4k Ultra HD tv shows which include Better Call Saul and Breaking bad. Even standard definition programs on sky look decent when I've seen other HD tv's that show horrible quality for them. The netflix app is very fast and the youtube app works flawlessly.

The TV has 4 HDMI connections as well as 2 USB 3.0 slots on the left hand side and one USB 2.0 on the back. The TV supports MKV and most other formats that you throw at it!

The smart tv store is nothing special but it does have deezer if anyone streams their music from the service. No spotify though as far as I could tell.

Just FYI for people as I haven't seen it posted here yet. Some 4K tv's have input lag with consoles and this is indeed the case with this tv. Playing Tomb Raider on my girlfriends Xbox One through this tv resulted in a delay of estimate 1 second between moving the analog stick and the character moving on the screen. Now don't panic! Their is a fix built into the tv. Simply go into the video menu in the tv settings and change the picture mode to "Game" and this will drastically reduce the lag on the tv. I also found this to be the case while moving the cursor on my android box with an air mouse remote. Once I changed the picture mode it was fine.

Anyway I hope I have answered any questions that people may have had and let me know if ye have any more :)

Great bit on the console, thanks for that.

Im thinking of picking one up after payday to use with my Xbox one as I currently have a 32in Samsung which is around 8 years old(cost €700 at the time :() and I think this would be a good option.

The apps don't bother me and I won't have it hooked up to Sky/saorview because it'll be in an upstairs bedroom.

Any chance you could pop up a few screen shots of the TV running the console?

PS if anyone could suggest an alternative I'd really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

gip wrote: »
    So therefore when they describe TV as having a Freeview HD satellite receiver and a saorview digital tuner it's all the one ?

"Freeview HD satellite receiver"
    theres no mention in the description of there being a satellite receiver.
    (freeview , as opposed to freesat,in the UK is similar to saorview).

theres a Walker 40" with both saorview and a satellite receiver for about €470.
    (also sony and lg but more expensive)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Great bit on the console, thanks for that.

Im thinking of picking one up after payday to use with my Xbox one as I currently have a 32in Samsung which is around 8 years old(cost €700 at the time :() and I think this would be a good option.

The apps don't bother me and I won't have it hooked up to Sky/saorview because it'll be in an upstairs bedroom.

Any chance you could pop up a few screen shots of the TV running the console?

PS if anyone could suggest an alternative I'd really appreciate it!!

if gaming is your ONLY concern, then there's other attractively-priced options out there. have a look at this:

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40J5100

Now the price seems to have gone mysteriously missing, but yesterday it was listed as €375 on offer. No smart tv or 4k or anything, but a Samsung Series 5 telly with mostly very positive reviews. Might be an option for you

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    if gaming is your ONLY concern, then there's other attractively-priced options out there. have a look at this:

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40J5100

Now the price seems to have gone mysteriously missing, but yesterday it was listed as €375 on offer. No smart tv or 4k or anything, but a Samsung Series 5 telly with mostly very positive reviews. Might be an option for you

Not a bad option but without the promotion price its €75 more expensive.

Also a two hour drive to my nearest Powercity

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not a bad option but without the promotion price its €75 more expensive.

Also a two hour drive to my nearest Powercity

The €375 price might still be the same... or less if you're lucky. Although yeah a 2 hour drive isn't ideal unless you fancy making a trip out of it!

The €375 price might still be the same... or less if you're lucky. Although yeah a 2 hour drive isn't ideal unless you fancy making a trip out of it!

Thanks for that I'll drop them a call and see. Thanks for the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So this is a no-go if you intend on using it for playing PS4/XBONE aswell as normal TV?

Is it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Picked up the bush yesterday for my folks and pretty pleased with it. Sound and pic good and price excellent ☺. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

Can someone that has the Bush TV offer an opinion on how 50mhz performs regarding motion. Is it okay for watching sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Don Imac2 wrote: »
    Can someone that has the Bush TV offer an opinion on 50mhz performs regarding motion. Is it okay for watching sports?

Will report back after the rugby:)

The instruction manual states it supports 60Hz up to 4K resolution so it's a bit confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Can someone that has the Bush TV offer an opinion on how 50mhz performs regarding motion. Is it okay for watching sports?
    rejkin wrote: »
    The instruction manual states it supports 60Hz up to 4K resolution so it's a bit confusing...

The instruction manual shows 60Hz.

http://www.argos-support.co.uk/ctrl-data/uploads/files/4487605_D0012.pdf

Page 20

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

I watched the man utd game last night in hd. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

When you click buy/reserve it comes up at €375 - the deal is until Feb 29th. Looks like a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Furzy wrote: »
    When you click buy/reserve it comes up at €375 - the deal is until Feb 29th. Looks like a good price.

That Samsung TV is 50Hz as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

A friend got it. Whats the best all round setting for picture? Looks a bit faded.

Also it needs a firmware upgrade it seems, to fix an issue with powering off? Anyone else have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

grabbed this yesterday, very impressed at this price.

although it could have done without an Argos technical support sticker on the screen.

Ok so I took the plunge and got it.
    Pretty impressive for the price, screen quality is really good and I see no issues playing on ps4.
    Only problem is the sound isn't that astounding, it's quite low.
    Might have to put my speakers beside it.

• Advertisement

rejkin wrote: »
    Ok so I took the plunge and got it.
    Pretty impressive for the price, screen quality is really good and I see no issues playing on ps4.
    Only problem is the sound isn't that astounding, it's quite low.
    Might have to put my speakers beside it.

Get yourself a headset. Much much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The problem with TV's like this is the overall quality. You always find on threads like this, people saying 'I bought one, and it's excellent, brilliant picture and great sound' - and that may well be entirely true, but TVs like this, be they Bush, Sharp, Walker, Black Diamond, low-end Toshiba rebrands, or whatever, are far more likely to fail over time than better quality sets. They're mass-produced budget sets from Vestel/UMC and you get what you pay for, really. Obviously, anecdotally, if you own one for the last few years and it's grand, great, but it doesn't change the far higher likelihood of issues down the line.

At the price, personally I'd prefer a better quality 1080P set with a higher refresh rate than a budget 4K one - especially if I was gaming on it a lot or watching sport. It is a good price for what it is, but realistically, the vast majority of people won't be playing any 4K content on it. So you have to weigh it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Question for the people that got this....is their a protective covering on the screen that can be took off (peeled off)
    When i press my finger against the screen it seems to very loose as if there's a protective screen over the screen if you get me?
    Anyone else see this?
    There was plastic around the frame that i peeled off, but the screen itself?

No, I don't see any protective screen on the screen itself or that it is apparent there is one from touching it. The only cover was around the black sides of the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

Bought this TV and really impressed with it. I've purchased a Sky + HD box to view freesat channels. My problem is that I can't program my sky remote to operate TV and this model isn't listed in models that Sky provide. If anybody could let me know what code they used when programming their Sky remote to TV I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

gip wrote: »
    Bought this TV and really impressed with it. I've purchased a Sky + HD box to view freesat channels. My problem is that I can't program my sky remote to operate TV and this model isn't listed in models that Sky provide. If anybody could let me know what code they used when programming their Sky remote to TV I would really appreciate it.

Try 0065 or 2134

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

Try 0065 or 2134

Cheers kristopherus, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I bought the 32 inch months ago & I am really pleased with it. Yes there are better quality sets that might last longer but tv's are changing fast so it's less likely that you would keep one for long.

I really dithered over buying a Bush - I am an ex Sony owner, but it's a good tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Some people get tired of Bush very quickly and look for a new model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭celt262

Some people get tired of Bush very quickly and look for a new model.

:)

Advertisement