Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush 40 Inch 4K UHD Freeview HD Smart LED TV €344.99

Options
  • 17-02-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Is this any good for this price €344.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

GY A1 wrote: »

£340 on English site,previously on sale at £299.where did €323 come from on above thread

ninty wrote: »
    £340 on English site,previously on sale at £299.where did €323 come from on above thread

it wa something like £250 on uk site but was 600 euro on irish argos,
    good price now

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Can u provide a Model No. for the TV ur referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Its on Argos, was posted on HUKD yesterday.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Bush+40+Inch+4K&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

LED40304UHDT2

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭gip

Bought this TV with the reason to getting rid of my satellite receiver and saorview box. I believed when reading description of TV that it has a Freeview HD digital tuner and a saorview digital tuner. There is only one aerial input (AV Ant) on back of TV so I've put a splitter on my satellite dish and saorview antenna leads and scanned tuner's to get channels but only receive saorview channels then I removed splitter and plugged satellite dish directly into aerial input and rescanned but still cannot receive any channels. What am I doing wrong or is there no Freeview HD digital tuner on TV ? I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction ? Any help would be really appreciated .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

gip wrote: »
    Bought this TV with the reason to getting rid of my satellite receiver and saorview box. I believed when reading description of TV that it has a Freeview HD digital tuner and a saorview digital tuner. There is only one aerial input (AV Ant) on back of TV so I've put a splitter on my satellite dish and saorview antenna leads and scan tuner's to get channels but only receive saorview channels, then I remove splitter and plug satellite dish directly into aerial input and rescan but still cannot receive any channels. What am I doing wrong or is there no HD digital tuner on TV ? I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction ? Any help would be really appreciated .
    You're confusing satellite signals with terrestrial signals! The TV only has a digital terrestrial (Saorview, in our case, in Ireland) tuner, which relies on an aerial.

It does not have a digital satellite tuner for reception of sat channels

byte wrote: »
    You're confusing satellite signals with terrestrial signals! The TV only has a digital terrestrial (Saorview, in our case, in Ireland) tuner, which relies on an aerial.

It does not have a digital satellite tuner for reception of sat channels
    So therefore when they describe TV as having a Freeview HD satellite receiver and a saorview digital tuner it's all the one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

So therefore when they describe TV as having a Freeview HD satellite receiver and a saorview digital tuner it's all the one ?
    Yep. Freeview is the UK equivalent of our saorview. You needed a TV with dual integrated tuners for DVBS & DVBT to enable you to get rid of your 2 boxes. As it stands, you'll need to keep the sat one.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Yep. Freeview is the UK equivalent of our saorview. You needed a TV with dual integrated tuners for DVBS & DVBT to enable you to get rid of your 2 boxes. As it stands, you'll need to keep the sat one.

Cheers dodzy, thought with description on Argos "Digital Features"TV had dual receiver. Bit of a pain in the ar#e but apart from that I think it's pretty good value for money, great picture, it has 4 HDMI and 3 USB ports plus the fact that it's a" smart " TV (not really as smart as I'd hoped !! 😥) and the sound is pretty decent as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I presume this tele wouldn't be compatible with Netflix's 4K?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers dodzy, thought with description on Argos "Digital Features"TV had dual receiver. Bit of a pain in the ar#e but apart from that I think it's pretty good value for money, great picture, it has 4 HDMI and 3 USB ports plus the fact that it's a" smart " TV (not really as smart as I'd hoped !! 😥) and the sound is pretty decent as well.
    Yeah, a lot of 'smart TVs' are actually pretty dumb. A cheapo android box will turn a regular TV into far more that any of those 'smart' tvs on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Hi, did you try to play games on this tv? Is it good picture quality? Can you make some photos of this tv and upload here?

Did somebody try to return tv in argos? Will I get full refund for tv, if I don't like tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

dodzy wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of 'smart TVs' are actually pretty dumb. A cheapo android box will turn a regular TV into far more that any of those 'smart' tvs on the market.

Can u pls recommend a android bix to use with upc broadband (or does service provider matter?).

Also what additional features does this box offer to an LG Smart Tv - (as I was thinkin of buying an LG Smart tv).

Can u pls recommend a android bix to use with upc broadband (or does service provider matter?).

Also what additional features does this box offer to an LG Smart Tv - (as I was thinkin of buying an LG Smart tv).

On android box you can use Kodi(movies, live sport for free) and another apps from android play market. I have this box, it is ok http://www.amazon.co.uk/NPET-CS918-Kodi-Android-Smart-CS918-2G/dp/B015ZAMYM6/ref=pd_sim_23_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Zp4F4IY2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=16PCCZXSM2ZE5SPMY8HP

can u put kodi on this tv,
    ie on the android smart bit

Originally Posted by dodzy View Post

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

.... it has 4 HDMI and 3 USB ports plus the fact that it's a" smart " TV ....

The Argos spec's say " 1 SCART socket, 1 USB port and 4 HDMI sockets.
    Smart TV.""
    Anyone know which is correct ?
    Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Interested to hear more opinions on this as I'm looking at getting a 40 inch smart for my folks and the price seems great. Good picture quality and decent sound of most concern, also curious to know exactly what smart tv apps are available to us here in Ireland, and usb video playback (avi and mkv playback would be fine). Thanks in advance for any replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

manual_man wrote: »
    Interested to hear more opinions on this as I'm looking at getting a 40 inch smart for my folks and the price seems great. Good picture quality and decent sound of most concern, also curious to know exactly what smart tv apps are available to us here in Ireland, and usb video playback (avi and mkv playback would be fine). Thanks in advance for any replies

Sound is terrible on most TVs nowadays.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sound is terrible on most TVs nowadays.

I realise its often not great on led's alright. A sound bar is always an option. My folks are in their 60s though and wouldn't be ones to pump the volume to the max

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Its 50HZ , The refresh rate is crap,This will not be good for gaming, Avoid.

Pogmothone wrote: »
    Its 50HZ , The refresh rate is crap,This will not be good for gaming, Avoid.

its also €345. and not everyone will be using it for gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wouldn't be rushing out to buy this tbh, tread carefully.

My reasons:
    It's a Bush, you get what you pay for.

Do you need 4k? Don't buy into the hype. What 4k programming are you going to watch on it? If you feed it with HD picture or BluRay discs will provably be fined but most of your content is likely to be SD television from sky, Freesat or saorview. There's a good chance it'll look ni better than on your current telly. Plus there's a good chance it'll look worse.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rushing out to buy this tbh, tread carefully.

My reasons:
    It's a Bush, you get what you pay for.

Do you need 4k? Don't buy into the hype. What 4k programming are you going to watch on it? If you feed it with HD picture or BluRay discs will provably be fined but most of your content is likely to be SD television from sky, Freesat or saorview. There's a good chance it'll look ni better than on your current telly. Plus there's a good chance it'll look worse.

i'd prefer to wait for opinions from people who have actually bought it. 4k aside, it could still be a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Bought the tv yesterday.

It has 4 hdmi sockets and 3 usb connections. The picture and sound are spot on. Im not a gamer so cant comment on any of that.

Flicked through some of the apps and they were ok. I think ill have to spend some time and set it up to suit myself. The tv is pretty much set up for the uk. All the pre loaded apps are bbc news/iplayer etc which wont stream content in this region.

The missus streamed a few tv shows and a film last night and everything was bob on.

Very happy with it and going in today to buy another one for the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

i'd prefer to wait for opinions from people who have actually bought it. 4k aside, it could still be a good deal

Well I actually made the mistake if buying a cheap Hitachi telly from argos a couple of years ago, and had to take it back the next day for a refund, the quality of the picture was terrible.

From this experience, I fully believe you get what you pay for.

rogieop wrote: »
    Bought the tv yesterday.

It has 4 hdmi sockets and 3 usb connections. The picture and sound are spot on. Im not a gamer so cant comment on any of that.

Flicked through some of the apps and they were ok. I think ill have to spend some time and set it up to suit myself. The tv is pretty much set up for the uk. All the pre loaded apps are bbc news/iplayer etc which wont stream content in this region.

The missus streamed a few tv shows and a film last night and everything was bob on.

Very happy with it and going in today to buy another one for the mother.

could you do me a big favour? got the measurements for the tv stand and it's 90cm wide exactly. am a bit worried because argos quotes the dimensions as 91.6cm wide, and the stand legs look just about as wide as the telly itself. any chance you could give me the measurements on how wide the stand is? also (i'm guessing the answer is no) does the stand swivel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

could you do me a big favour? got the measurements for the tv stand and it's 90cm wide exactly. am a bit worried because argos quotes the dimensions as 91.6cm wide, and the stand legs look just about as wide as the telly itself. any chance you could give me the measurements on how wide the stand is? also (i'm guessing the answer is no) does the stand swivel??

Just measured it and the stand is roughly 82cm wide, and the stand legs are roughly 11cm wide. The legs dont swivel they are screwed in.

After a bit more playing around with its pretty bog standard as a smart tv. All it really is of any use for is netflix or streaming from websites which i could have used chrome cast for anyway. Everything else is 100%. Will definitely be buying another one for the mother.

Advertisement