Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumoured Fights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,874 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gary Russell Jnr is scheduled to fight Patrick Hyland in April

Bizarre

Not bizarre for Russell. An easy enough involuntary defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Bizarre

Pajo is a step up from Russells usual opponent, TBA :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Bizarre

What!!

DylanAFC wrote: »
    On PPV aswell. What kinda ****e is that for PPV?

I agree, but it still could be a belter of a fight. Cotto is shot to bits, as is Kirkland!

The Rigo fight is off. He left Moscow and flew to Miami whilst his Visa Application for the UK was being processed Strange case. The guy would want to start fighting people, and no, I don't mean the two from the British Isles. Move up and get a FW belt against a champion.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/statement-guillermo-rigondeaux/53324

• Advertisement

pac_man wrote: »
    Rigo is too small to move up and you'll probably still have fighters at FW turning around with the excuse that it doesn't make financial sense to fight him.

It's 3-4 lbs. Too small is a lame excuse in my book for a two time Olympic champ who is touted as a p4p top fighter. I know he's not a huge SBW, but he's ripped to bits at 122 lbs. Surely 3-4 lbs against some FW fighters isn't something amazing? Loads of boxers move between weights and give away natural weight advantage.

Take Loma. Loma would maybe have an inch or two at most on Rigo. Their frames are not all that different.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not sure why you'd find it bizzare. Hyland is with DiBella, Russell Jr is with Haymon. Haymon and DiBella have worked closely together for years.

He probably finds it bizarre that Hyland is getting another shot at a world title. But nothing should surprise anyone any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Nobody finds that match-up even mildly surprising ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Talks ongoing for a summer fight between Groves and Murray. Good fight that.

is a good fight, but i cant quite remember a career quite like martin murray. Never actually beat anyone of significant note, constantly gets big fights ??

How/Why

• Advertisement

Larsso30 wrote: »
    is a good fight, but i cant quite remember a career quite like martin murray. Never actually beat anyone of significant note, constantly gets big fights ??

How/Why

That's boxing. Macklin/Lee and Barker the exact same. They are seen as easy enough fights for the elites. And, some of the slites squeaked past them.

For me Groves is past it. Has never been the same fighter since fight 1 vs. Froch. That fight IMO depleted him of something that he cannot get back.

walshb wrote: »
    That's boxing. Macklin/Lee and Barker the exact same. They are seen as easy enough fights for the elites. And, some of the slites squeaked past them.

For me Groves is past it. Has never been the same fighter since fight 1 vs. Froch. That fight IMO depleted him of something that he cannot get back.

Lee has decent opponents on his CV, Barker has Geale which at time was a good scalp. Macklin has jack ****, as does Murray.

I think it just speaks for the depletion of the once great MW division. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

walshb wrote: »

I think Groves made some bad choices after the DeGale fight . His own stubborness was his undoing both inside and outside of the ring.

TheNap wrote: »
    I think Groves made some bad choices after the DeGale fight . His own stubborness was his undoing both inside and outside of the ring.

Couldnt agree more.

Blames everyone else when he comes up short too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

How/Why

Provides stiff resistance without ever actually winning. He's an ideal opponent.

To be fair to him he probably would have got the decision against Sergio outside of Argentina.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Provides stiff resistance without ever actually winning. He's an ideal opponent.

To be fair to him he probably would have got the decision against Sergio outside of Argentina.

I think this is a 50-50 fight. Groves has regressed, and he was never great to begin with. The added weight to Murray, who was really a SMW fighting at MW, should suit him. If Murray can make this a close fought kinda' inside war he can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

TheNap wrote: »

I think the 2 million he earned for the Froch rematch would say different.

I haven't given up on Groves yet personally. People overrate his regression a bit imo. He was holding his own in the Froch rematch before getting sparked by a single punch, boxed ok against Badou Jack in a very close fight. Think Shane McGuigan could really help him. No doubt another loss would pretty much crush his career though.

I think he beats Murray on points.

Morrison J wrote: »
    I think the 2 million he earned for the Froch rematch would say different.

I haven't given up on Groves yet personally. People overrate his regression a bit imo. He was holding his own in the Froch rematch before getting sparked by a single punch, boxed ok against Badou Jack in a very close fight. Think Shane McGuigan could really help him. No doubt another loss would pretty much crush his career though.

I think he beats Murray on points.

You are probabably right as regards people (me) overrating his regresson. He is still the same kind of fighter. I always found him very predictable. I just think that he has los a little bit of spark and ferocity on his offensive side. His showing in the Froch rematch was pretty poor, even if he was copmpetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,662 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Couldnt agree more.

Blames everyone else when he comes up short too

Soon enough he'll be blaming Barry's son too. He was saying after his last fight how good a trainer he was, then getting digs in at former trainers not being good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So over the weekend I read about a possible Mayweather vs GGG.

That's beyond a risk.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    So over the weekend I read about a possible Mayweather vs GGG.

That's beyond a risk.

PBF gets GGG to 140 lbs he'll whip him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Thats a massive drop for GGG though. I saw on one of the articles that it would be at 154lbs.

Floyd will never ever ever fight GGG, never. just stop lads

Shane Mosley stated that he's training for a world title fight in May at 147(yes 147!!!) with Roberto Duran as his trainer. The only title holder that hasn't got a fight scheduled at that weight class is Danny Garcia. I take it the whole forum is captivated by this potential matchup?

Seriously, my head hurts!

I see Roy Jones fought again a few nights ago. He's not going to stop is he?

Johner wrote: »
    I see Roy Jones fought again a few nights ago. He's not going to stop is he?

he fought a fan :o:o:o

he fought a fan :o:o:o

Literally just read up on it there, christ. :o

i think the fan used to be a fighter, i may be wrong. ( a very bad one if he was)

i think the fan used to be a fighter, i may be wrong. ( a very bad one if he was)

The fan definietly had some exeprience/talent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

David Haye v arnold the cobra gjergjaj

Advertisement