Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumoured Fights

Options
  • 15-02-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

For fights in the works that are not officially confirmed.

Arum says that Lomachenko-Walters is done, but that the TV side still has to be settled. Nothing more about it in the last few days but it's a great fight if it gets made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

I heard somewhere that Billy Joe Saunders Eubank Jnr is on the cards for this summer despite Frank Warren saying otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Looks like Haye Briggs could be happening .

The build up should be entertaining . Lets go Champ !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Oh sweet jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Surely this is bull- Golovkin to fight Bernard Hopkins at 168lbs if GGG can't get Canelo to fight him.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

It will be a defining fight for Lomachenko - provided it's at a weight that's healthy for Walters. Big question over Loma is whether he can win a real right. Lots of flash but there are doubts about the substance when it really comes to the crunch. Walters will bring that crunch for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

Henno30 wrote: »
    It will be a defining fight for Lomachenko - provided it's at a weight that's healthy for Walters. Big question over Loma is whether he can win a real right. Lots of flash but there are doubts about the substance when it really comes to the crunch. Walters will bring that crunch for sure.

"Doubts about his substance"???

I think you're in a minority there.
    Walters is good, but will be made look very ordinary in this fight. He'll do well to win a round.

I dont know if Lomachenko will be the favourite to win in this fight.
    The Salido loss will always be taken into account.

Axe man got the power to threaten a serious win here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Lomachenko's camp will get their preferred weight too, which will be draining for Walters. Walters being stitched over with that draw as well as not making weight and losing his belt on the scales the fight before that lost him his negotiation power. Easy work for Hi Tech.

I dont know if Lomachenko will be the favourite to win in this fight.
    The Salido loss will always be taken into account.

Axe man got the power to threaten a serious win here

So you don't think Lomachenko learned anything from the Salido fight? Have you not noticed any improvements since?

Power is the most overrated attribute in boxing. Not much good if you can't land cleanly.

• Advertisement

megadodge wrote: »
    "Doubts about his substance"???

I think you're in a minority there.
    Walters is good, but will be made look very ordinary in this fight. He'll do well to win a round.

Lomachenko does too much busy work. A lot of pivoting and flurrying that scores points but has little effect on his opponent.

Lomachenko does too much busy work. A lot of pivoting and flurrying that scores points but has little effect on his opponent.

He beats them.

Easily.

That's all that matters.

Over and over again people go on and on about power, KOs etc. In a fight between boxer and puncher I'll nearly always go with the boxer.

Power is so overrated.

megadodge wrote: »
    He beats them.

Easily.

That's all that matters.

Over and over again people go on and on about power, KOs etc. In a fight between boxer and puncher I'll nearly always go with the boxer.

Power is so overrated.

He beats who easily? Gary Russell Jr is the only decent fighter he's beaten. And he's fought three nothing opponents since. I don't see the case for big plaudits in that record.

Arum saying he'd work with Haymon to make Crawford-Broner. I bet he would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

That'd be a massive fight for Crawford in taking the next step into becoming a PPV star. He can do no wrong atm, epitomises everything good in Boxing.

All I was saying is that Walters has great power , I never said anything else about it being the most important attribute and the rest.

Walters is quick as u get and sharp. He's a sniper

Yes Salido was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight but thats irrelevant. He came into the fight at exceedingly advanced level and in his prime years. He was heavily expected to win

Lomachenko is great and I like him , so don't get me wrong here.

Like I said originally , could be one the best fights of the year.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    That'd be a massive fight for Crawford in taking the next step into becoming a PPV star. He can do no wrong atm, epitomises everything good in Boxing.

Haymon's not going to feed Broner to Crawford unless he gets a piece of Crawford in return. And with the uncertainty in the air at the moment, who knows if that might yet happen down the line. Sooner or later it's going to make sense for Arum and Haymon to work together.

Crawford's probably going to face Provodnikov

Oh man , did you see Provodnikov in the crowd last night ...... he's the maddest looking fella ever. His head is just ginormous. I actually burst out laughing here on me own

Haymon's not going to feed Broner to Crawford unless he gets a piece of Crawford in return. And with the uncertainty in the air at the moment, who knows if that might yet happen down the line. Sooner or later it's going to make sense for Arum and Haymon to work together.

Maybe so , but at the moment they are waiting to squeeze each other out all together.

I think Arum will pass away before TopRank folds.
    Ironicly Haymon made massive unexpected losses last year and it seems that funds are beginning to thin a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

top rank aint going anywhere any time soon, bob alive or not. Todd DeBeof does a lot of work there behind scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Andy Lee ✔ ‎@AndyLeeBoxing
    NYC in June. @RealMiguelCotto Let's make this fight! @HBOboxing

• Registered Users Posts: 55,082 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Loma-Walters is tasty, and yes, power may well play a part, as well as size. Loma has the skills and talent to win, but to date he hasn't beaten anyone apart from Russell, in a very competitive fight. For Walters his power may be his key.

All that Loma posing and threatening and redundant trickery may be uselesss the second Walters tags him hard. Power, in this case could prove very important. How many times have we seen fighters shut down or tamed from a couple of heavy puinches? It can totally put them off their gameplan, and make them think really hard. Now, if Loma can defend against heavy hitting then he increases his winning chances. Put it this way, he will need to be very careful here.

walshb wrote: »
    All that Loma posing and threatening and redundant trickery may be uselesss the second Walters tags him hard. Power, in this case could prove very important. How many times have we seen fightesr shut down or tamed from a couple of heavy puinches? It can totally put them off their gameplan, and make them think really hard. Now, if Loma can defend against heavy hitting then he increases his winning chances. Put it this way, he will need to be very careful here.

Glad you've returned to back me up on this one.

pac_man wrote: »
    For those who are critical of Lomachenkos opponents,who has Walters fought? His best win was against an ageing Donaire that clearly was fighting at the wrong weight.

It's not necessarily critical. It's just pointing out his journey to date. Walters vs. Lomachenko is a very good fight if it gets made. One that both men have the capability of winning.

pac_man wrote: »
    The weight it will be fought at will be very important. A good clash of styles, can Lomas footwork nullify Walters reach advantage. Welcome back btw.

The weight is key. Walters is a big enough dude. If Loma can make the weight as low as possible for his likling, it could really help him. Fascinating clash of styles that may juts show us how clever and resourcelful and skilled Loma really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Billy Joe Saunders v Hasan Ndam N'jkam Is in the works if Ndam wins next fight.. Solid first defence for Billy Joe.

Anybody know what's going on with Kell Brook?! Seems he is a forgotten entity, big pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

BJ Saunders first defence is a voluntary v max Bursack. Embarassing

Gary Russell Jnr is scheduled to fight Patrick Hyland in April

Bizarre

Miguel Cotto-James Kirkland- June 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Miguel Cotto-James Kirkland- June 18

On PPV aswell. What kinda ****e is that for PPV?

Advertisement