Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City V Spurs.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sounds like Bill Nich to me. Better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

He can do whatever he likes Poch in my view.

Having said that Id be happy to give Dier and Kane and maybe Toby the next 2 games off. Save them the trip to Italy but Id imagine theyll play the 2 europa league games and be rested for palace

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

To keep the Man City win buzz going..... :D

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1387995/593105

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

MrKingsley wrote:
    Having said that Id be happy to give Dier and Kane and maybe Toby the next 2 games off. Save them the trip to Italy but Id imagine theyll play the 2 europa league games and be rested for palace

Yeah but if he rests Toby and Dier ( and I think he should) who is going to play alongside Wimmer?

Yeah but if he rests Toby and Dier ( and I think he should) who is going to play alongside Wimmer?

Cameron Carter Vickers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Thats wat the maybe was about. Play Toby this thursday, rest the two on saturday (Its only Ade) and then rest Dier next thursday. That way theyll each get a break, if the staff thinks thats whats needed.

But like i said before and I cant be clearer about this.

He can do what he likes.......he can do what he liiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes, Mauricio Pochettino.........he can do what he likes!!!!

COYS

irishmover wrote:
    Cameron Carter Vickers

Exactly.

Exactly.

He's been added to the Europa league squad. Levy has said that Poch passed on signing a defender in January because he was happy with Wimmer aswell as sitting down with Cameron explaining that they were convinced of his ability to step up this season if required.

You asked who we have to play with Wimmer if the need arises. This is him as per Pochettino's recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I agree with this. Potch doesnt have a defeatist attitude and cant see why we should win every game. Its an attitude that the like of Fergie had, treat every competition as if you want to win it... nothing wrong with that imho.

attacking Europa & FA and PL equally sounds exciting on the face of it but it would be very naive in my opinion, especially where we are one injury away from having no center forward.

Ferguson was in a much better position to go for everything with the size of squad he used to manage, remember when they won the treble they had Sheringham, Yoke, Cole and Solakjar to pick from - hardly the same !

irishmover wrote:
    You asked who we have to play with Wimmer if the need arises. This is him as per Pochettino's recommendation.

I look forward to seeing him. Hopefully he gets some game time in the cups in case we need him in the league run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Who knows what will happen next year or future years. Hopefully Poch will stay long term. But fcuk it, we may not get a better chance for years. Let's throw all our efforts at the league title.

It's de big prize we would all love to see. Rest Toby , Dier and Harry and give Eriksson a break too. I wouldn't even have them in de travelling squad for 1st leg.

For de FA cup I would have them on de bench.

Give de league priority, no regrets later if we do.

If Harry gets injured in one of the cup games Il be sick. We just Havn't got a replacement anywhere near his quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Who knows what will happen next year or future years. Hopefully Poch will stay long term. But fcuk it, we may not get a better chance for years. Let's throw all our efforts at the league title.

It's de big prize we would all love to see. Rest Toby , Dier and Harry and give Eriksson a break too. I wouldn't even have them in de travelling squad for 1st leg.

For de FA cup I would have them on de bench.

Give de league priority, no regrets later if we do.

If Harry gets injured in one of the cup games Il be sick. We just Havn't got a replacement anywhere near his quality.

I agree, but I'd be very surprised if Poch agrees.

I reckon we'll be nigh on full strength tomorrow night. I'd expect the full backs to rotate and maybe Lamela in for Son, but that's it.

Possibly wholesale changes for Sunday, but no guarantees.

Advertisement