Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's ok though, he 'understands most things'. :pac:

Must be hard for people who genuinely know what they are doing to make a living when you have such people who will offer to "do it for half the price" :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Tom Hardly

*especially
    It's ok though, he 'understands most things'. :pac:
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Must be hard for people who genuinely know what they are doing to make a living when you have such people who will offer to "do it for half the price" :rolleyes:

Rather than correct his English in a patronising way dude, why not encourage him to go out and make a go of his own business? More than most do

Fair play for trying to make a go of your own business anyway, we are always learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

About the part that I do not know what I'm doing is actually quite funny because the garages I went to that had "all the experience" are the ones that offer very bad customer service, don't know what they are doing and actually the company who remapped my car the first time ****ed it up.

When you get back to them about it they say "We never had this before" which is another word for "**** what did I do?"

They locked me out of my own ECU which was confirmed by me and another remapper. They said "no we never do that" because they simply do not know what they do.

Every person who came to me for remapping actually left as a happy customer and do you know why? Because I exactly know how it feels to be a customer who is getting screwed over.
    So I will never do this with my customers.

And In my current work experience I did Customer Service, Coach, Management as well... most companies don't know how to be something I call "customer friendly"

I also work 40 hours a week as IT tech support (and I don't mean reading what's on your screen but actually Technical) and 3.5h (180mi) travel 5 days a week.

When I get home I do remapping as main business and computer fixing as side business.
    I also do buy Vauxhall Cars and sell Vauxhall Parts to whoever needs them.

Then about the spelling mistake I made:

I do speak 3 other languages... while most people already have a hard time speaking their native language and only know slang.

Ontopic:

Some changes I made to my vec yesterday.

461616.jpg

461617.jpg

Tom Hardly wrote: »
    Rather than correct his English in a patronising way dude, why not encourage him to go out and make a go of his own business? More than most do

Fair play for trying to make a go of your own business anyway, we are always learning.

I'm not correcting his English, I'm stating that I'd rather not hand my car over to someone who is "having a go" at mapping, like most are out there who claim to be experts. My point is that this makes it very hard for the people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it, because it seems every second young lad with a laptop now is buying a cable and "mapping" your car with no clue what damage they could be causing.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm not correcting his English, I'm stating that I'd rather not hand my car over to someone who is "having a go" at mapping, like most are out there who claim to be experts. My point is that this makes it very hard for the people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it, because it seems every second young lad with a laptop now is buying a cable and "mapping" your car with no clue what damage they could be causing.

"My point is that this makes it very hard for the people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it"

That "legitimate" company actually made my car worse and destroyed two clutches. I couldn't even use more than 60% of my throttle because of slipping clutch.

My own map on another car with the same engine, same mods etc has no issue whatsoever with the same amount of power.

The difference is that we actually follow the original curve while the "so called expert" did not.. and when I told them what the problem was I got back "We never had this before" and "not my problem"

So much for these "people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it".

p.s. This "so called expert" didn't made his own map; someone else made this for him and clearly "they" didn't do a good job.
    Compare to people I work with that do make their own maps all day long and dyno etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Your FB Page is very professional looking

Asmooh wrote: »
    "My point is that this makes it very hard for the people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it"

That "legitimate" company actually made my car worse and destroyed two clutches. I couldn't even use more than 60% of my throttle because of slipping clutch.

My own map on another car with the same engine, same mods etc has no issue whatsoever with the same amount of power.

The difference is that we actually follow the original curve while the "so called expert" did not.. and when I told them what the problem was I got back "We never had this before" and "not my problem"

So much for these "people who actually do know what they're doing to make legitimate business from it".

p.s. This "so called expert" didn't made his own map; someone else made this for him and clearly "they" didn't do a good job.
    Compare to people I work with that do make their own maps all day long and dyno etc.

A map without a dyno is worthless in my opinion. So I think we're kind of agreeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Any pictures of cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

For the page that's in it.

F8o1dI9h.jpg

Or1ZAuqh.jpg

She's looking a slight bit worse for wear now after I had a little incident with a pillar but nothing I won't sort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Passed you yesterday FN - my God thats one angry sounding car! (in a good way!)

Edit - no, actually. It was Sunday afternoon. I was heading in the Commons direction while you were coming towards Blackpool SC. Had window open thanks to the sun, so as you passed I got treated to the exhaust note :D

• Advertisement

Well I figured that my car is actually a bit low

461710.jpg

Might go adjustable coilovers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

My new (to me) 4 series Gran Coupe.

Went from an E46 coupe to an E60 (kids), to an F10, and now that I don't need buggies or big car seats (other than boosters) in the back anymore I went back to this.

461846.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,121 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Beautiful car and colour. Good luck with her - very jealous!

Very nice dude. What engine?

Very nice dude. What engine?

Nothing too fancy on the engine, 2.0L 190 bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,419 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My new (to me) 4 series Gran Coupe.

Went from an E46 coupe to an E60 (kids), to an F10, and now that I don't need buggies or big car seats (other than boosters) in the back anymore I went back to this.

Very nice. I have one myself since early this year. I think you might find it even better than the F10 practicality wise, as the boot is huge and the rear hatch makes it much more useable than the saloon F10 imo. The cabin is a bit snug though, especially in the back with the sloping roof.

You should swap the grills to gloss black, a cheap mod that makes a big difference to the look.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Very nice. I have one myself since early this year. I think you might find it even better than the F10 practicality wise, as the boot is huge and the rear hatch makes it much more useable than the saloon F10 imo. The cabin is a bit snug though, especially in the back with the sloping roof.

You should swap the grills to gloss black, a cheap mod that makes a big difference to the look.

Thanks, feels much nicer to drive than the 5, but agreed, a bit more snug up front and in the rear seats even more so.
    That doesn't bother me as I'm in it on my own 5 days a week.

Will look into the grills mod, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Dat blue colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Sweet sweet car....enjoy !!!!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Passed you yesterday FN - my God thats one angry sounding car! (in a good way!)

Edit - no, actually. It was Sunday afternoon. I was heading in the Commons direction while you were coming towards Blackpool SC. Had window open thanks to the sun, so as you passed I got treated to the exhaust note :D

Cheers man :cool: I'd say it was Saturday afternoon was it? I left work early last week around half 2, don't think I was around that area Sunday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Cheers man :cool: I'd say it was Saturday afternoon was it? I left work early last week around half 2, don't think I was around that area Sunday :pac:
    Fairly sure it was Sunday as I was in on overtime staring out at the sun until I got to escape at 3pm :D

Plus I was in Carlow all day Saturday so couldn't have passed you in Cork ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    Fairly sure it was Sunday as I was in on overtime staring out at the sun until I got to escape at 3pm :D

Plus I was in Carlow all day Saturday so couldn't have passed you in Cork ;)

I don't know so, I was in Portlaoise all day Sunday and then Mahon afterwards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I don't know so, I was in Portlaoise all day Sunday and then Mahon afterwards :pac:

Sounds like someone is cheating on somebody! :pac:

Mine the day I picked it up. 530d Sport Touring.
    2ntz2o7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Lovely colour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Is that carbon black or Mediterranean blue?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Edit that quick^

Wailin wrote: »
    Is that carbon black or Mediterranean blue?

Imperial Blue - I had to look it up! :o

• Advertisement

Lovely colour and not too common either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement