Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Love a good cloth seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

mi16 wrote: »
    Picked this up for peanuts as a stop-gap a few months ago... but finding it hard to justify changing it yet.

It's a 2003 520i ES SE, which are a pretty strange mish-mash of SE and M-sport bits... sport suspension, sports seats in cloth, sport MFSW, and split rim alloys.

Was this the one floating around a few Backroads owners? Looks a lovely example and the interior is super rare, cloth Sport seats were more common on the Pre-Facelifts and in Continental Europe, not so much here!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mi16

Was this the one floating around a few Backroads owners?

Thats the one! I've had it since March this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Was hoping to hold on to the Grey 318d Auto for a good while, but got swapped out yesterday to this:

460958.jpg

Which shall be known as the beigemobile - technically Platinum Silver exterior colour, but beige to me, to match the beige leather.

It's a 318i SE manual. Does seem to have the remote services activated so I must see if I can get the timed ventilation to work so it can be nice and toasty for me getting in each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What engine is in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

R.O.R wrote: »
    Was hoping to hold on to the Grey 318d Auto for a good while, but got swapped out yesterday to this:

. Does seem to have the remote services activated so I must see if I can get the timed ventilation to work so it can be nice and toasty for me getting in each morning.

The ventilation remote just turns the fans on. No a.c. or heat I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Normally don't park beside other cars but I saw this M4 on Sunday and felt I had no choice :D

IMG_0597.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What engine is in that?

Share's it's DNA with a Sports Car.
    vintagevrs wrote: »
    The ventilation remote just turns the fans on. No a.c. or heat I'm afraid.

Typical I get this coming in to winter rather than the blistering summer we had - outside was showing 40 degrees a couple of days, so you can imagine what the inside of the car was like :mad:

Normally don't park beside other cars but I saw this M4 on Sunday and felt I had no choice :D...........

Really subtle colour, I can't get anyway appreciative of the sound of these as they drive past. Might be different inside one of course. They sound like there's no oil in them or something IMO :pac:

i8 sans hybrid tech then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

the 318i is 1.5 litre these days.

bazz26 wrote: »

With not 1, not 2, but 3 whole cylinders!

Augeo wrote: »
    Really subtle colour, I can't get anyway appreciative of the sound of these as they drive past. Might be different inside one of course. They sound like there's no oil in them or something IMO :pac:

He did rev it a bit as he pulled away (because we were watching) but at the end of the day it's still a straight 6 so it's never going to have that v8 burble :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Typical I get this coming in to winter rather than the blistering summer we had - outside was showing 40 degrees a couple of days, so you can imagine what the inside of the car was like :mad:

I used my heated steering wheel for the first time ever this morning. The most under rated bit of kit ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

bazz26 wrote: »
    With not 1, not 2, but 3 whole cylinders!

:eek: 3 cylinder in an executive saloon whatever about a 316i entry model but a 318i. What BHP is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CIP4 wrote: »
    :eek: 3 cylinder in an executive saloon whatever about a 316i entry model but a 318i. What BHP is it ?

136bhp.

0-60 in 8.6 seconds is good enough for a 318i. That’s a second and a half quicker than an e46 318i plus you have the torque advantage of a 3 cylinder and turbocharging.
    3 cylinder engines can sound good as well, heard a new Kia Ceed 3 cylinder being caned last month, proper naughty little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Presume it's turbo'ed?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Presume it's turbo'ed?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

When I hear 3 cylinder been used I can't get the sounds of the polo or Yaris out of my head.....

Ughhhhhhhh

I understand they have obviously come on a bit.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

colm_mcm wrote: »

It sounds well to be fair, well up the revs it does at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jesus Christ ROR - you're driving a fockin Glanza! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

CIP4 wrote: »

318i is no executive saloon, by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sounds like an old 3 cylinder Corsa with an air filter and exhaust if you ask me :)

Nice car tho :)

Took the M5 out again and met up with a friend

m5jag1.png
    m5jag2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Nice cars.

Those 2.0T F types a seriously nice car.

I think an F type is €10k+ more then a mustang but to be fair the Mustang isn't exactly sought after. I think I've seen 5 or 6 in Ireland, Austria, Germany and Italy over the last 2 years, admittedly I'm not on the lookout for them :)

I reckon they'll sell quite a few F types in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The Mustang does absolutely nothing for me. Everytime I see one I just see Mondeo lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Mustang does absolutely nothing for me. Everytime I see one I just see Mondeo lines.

OI!!!
    Enough with the Mondeo :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement