Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Wailin wrote: »
    Very nice. What year is it?
    It's a 141 in Irish money.
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Well wear vintage. You’re working your way through all the 3 series models.
    What’s the spec on it? Presume you bought in uk/ni?

Bought it in NI this morning. This is my 4th 3er, E92, E30, E46 and now F31. Going about it arseways but getting there in the end.

The spec on it? Well, that's a good question because I am still figuring out all the stuff on it :)

It's a 4wd 330d, automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am thinking of getting from UK mainlands as its much cheaper than in Ni.

Can I ask if any particular reason of getting from Ni?
    vintagevrs wrote: »

Bought it in NI this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Beauiful car Vintage and great spec!

Gave mine a wash today, stays quite clean in this dry weather apart from the bug splatter but it's always nice to give it a clean anyway.

2w56auu.jpg

I don't think there is a blanket rule on price with regards to NI vs UK mainland. I found the trend to be the opposite for cars I was interested in, and NI had better value for the models I looked at. Depends what you are looking for really.

Merc and BMW models I have been looking at. Price difference of 3000e between NI and UK mainland
    I don't think there is a blanket rule on price with regards to NI vs UK mainland. I found the trend to be the opposite for cars I was interested in, and NI had better value for the models I looked at. Depends what you are looking for really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Merc and BMW models I have been looking at. Price difference of 3000e between NI and UK mainland

Bought a c220 a few month back and was all set to make a uk purchase and sell my car privately because of the price difference and then I spotted one in clonmel and it worked out not much of a difference
    I think it’s the luck of the draw really, such a relief to stop searching my head was wrecked from it

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wonder is it a different suspension setup in it? It looks to be sitting really nice for the 4wd model.

Lovely car and great engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That 3 series is gorgeous. Exactly what I want 330d in msport spec. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wonder is it a different suspension setup in it? It looks to be sitting really nice for the 4wd model.

Lovely car and great engine.

It has the M Performance pack so that might include lowered suspension.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It has the M Performance pack so that might include lowered suspension.

Yeah was thinking that afterward too it looks so good.

• Advertisement

I used to know everything about BM spec years ago. Could tell what any car was if it was debadged etc based on the tail pipes, shape of the view mirrors or whatever. It was a lot more simple too. SE, M Sport or the full fat M. Now there's so many options I don't know what's what. A 316d with all the "bits" looks like a 335i to me now, where as I would have known the difference before. That car I bought as Bazz says has the M performance pack, which I believe means beefier brakes with the blue calipers? Not sure what else. It also has spoilers/splitters/skirts that I believe are "m performance" or some other mumbo jumbo and are all purely cosmetic. I am not sure if they are factory options, or dealer options after car arrives. All said and done though I am happy out with it so far. Need to figure out the Connected Drive stuff on it. Quite a lot of tech in there. Trying to figure out what's useful and what's a gimmick. Another boardsie helped me set up my google maps with the car, which is pretty cool. It allows you to send a location to the cars sat nav very easily. I'll probably never use it but pretty cool feature. There are a lot of subscription services on there too. Might order some of them for a month to trial them just, but I would imagine they would rarely be used.

Yeah visually the m performance has the decals on the side skirts and front and rear splitters and I think black tail pipes but i could be wrong there.

Mechanically it should have updated brakes and suspension and gearbox and engine has some goodies added too.

:eek: Jaysus, I just googled the price of the wing mirror caps....£550.

Hope they don't attract some little scrote

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I added the M Performance pack to a new 5 Series earlier this year. Its purely cosmetic - carbon fibre bits and upgraded wheels.

That was almost 13,000! Cheap version available without the wheels, but still 8,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I used to know everything about BM spec years ago. Could tell what any car was if it was debadged etc based on the tail pipes, shape of the view mirrors or whatever. It was a lot more simple too. SE, M Sport or the full fat M. Now there's so many options I don't know what's what. A 316d with all the "bits" looks like a 335i to me now, where as I would have known the difference before. That car I bought as Bazz says has the M performance pack, which I believe means beefier brakes with the blue calipers? Not sure what else. It also has spoilers/splitters/skirts that I believe are "m performance" or some other mumbo jumbo and are all purely cosmetic. I am not sure if they are factory options, or dealer options after car arrives. All said and done though I am happy out with it so far. Need to figure out the Connected Drive stuff on it. Quite a lot of tech in there. Trying to figure out what's useful and what's a gimmick. Another boardsie helped me set up my google maps with the car, which is pretty cool. It allows you to send a location to the cars sat nav very easily. I'll probably never use it but pretty cool feature. There are a lot of subscription services on there too. Might order some of them for a month to trial them just, but I would imagine they would rarely be used.

Those x drive models come standard with se suspension so sit higher than normal m sport. Looking at the picture,yours seems low so it might have the aftermarket AC schnitzer suspension that apparently transform the handling on x drive models.
    If you stick your VIN into one of the online decoders you can pull up the exact options on your car.

Car looks gorgeous and I’m sure good value. Reminds me I paid 60k in January 2013 for a new 330d touring with a very basic spec. What a waste. Smart money is to buy a few years down the road like you.

Not sure about the springs. Maybe something was fitted after it left the factory as I don't see it on the options list.

S1CA SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES
    S2NH M SPORTBREMSE
    S2PA Lockable wheel bolt
    S2PF 19"M LM RAEDER STERNSP.403 M/MB
    S2TB Sport automatic gearbox
    S3AA DACHRELING SCHWARZ
    S4AD Interior trim strips, brushed aluminium
    S4DL AKZENTLEISTEN SCHWARZ HOCHGLAENZEND
    S5DA Passenger airbag deactivation
    S5DC Rear-seat headrests, folding
    S6AC INTELLIGENTER NOTRUF
    S6AE TELESERVICES
    S6AK CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES
    S6AM REAL TIME TRAFFIC INFORMATION
    S6AN CONCIERGE SERVICES
    S6AP REMOTE SERVICES
    S6NH FREISPRECHEIN. M. USB-SCHNITTSTELLE
    S6NR BMW APPS
    S6WA INSTRUMENTENKOMBI. M. ERW. UMF.
    S8KA OELWARTUNGSINT. 30.000KM/24MONATE
    S8S2 Coding, alarm signal
    S8S3 Automatic locking during starting
    S8SM Car ident. number visible from outside
    S8TG Thiefproofing device
    S8V1 HINWEISSCHILD NCAP ENGL/DEU/ITAL
    S216 HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
    S230 Extra package, EU-speciifc
    S249 Multifunction f steering wheel
    S258 Tyres with runflat properties
    S302 Alarm system
    P337 M Sports package
    S420 Sun protection glazing
    S423 Floor mats, velours
    S428 Warning triangle and first aid kit
    S430 Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
    S431 Interior rear-view mirror with auto dip
    S459 Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
    S465 Through-loading system
    S481 Sports seat
    S493 Storage compartment package
    S494 Seat heating driver/passenger
    S502 Headlight cleaning system
    S508 Park Distance Control (PDC)
    S520 Fog lights
    S521 Rain sensor
    S522 Xenon Light
    S534 Automatic air conditioning
    S544 Cruise control with brake function
    S563 Light package
    S575 Socket, lugg. comp. incl. 2. batt.
    S609 Navigation system, Professional
    S654 DAB tuner
    S688 HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
    S698 Area-Code 2 for DVD
    S710 M leather steering wheel
    S715 M Aerodynamics package
    S760 High gloss shadow line
    S775 Headlining anthracite
    L812 National version England / Ireland
    S850 Additional Export tank filling
    S853 Language version, English
    S880 Operating instructions, English

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Couchpotato82

Impulse buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Nice impulse buy
    Glounthaune

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Doesn't say anything there vintage about suspension (at least to my eyes). Apparently the Gxx generation cars no longer have different separate suspension settings for the xDrive models, but on stock suspension the F30 will ride higher if it's an xDrive for sure.

If you order a car with adaptive suspension it's the same regardless of whether it's a standard spec or an M Sport.

They still do visual cues for the F30 generation so you can figure out what model someone has (to a certain extent):
    - one exhaust pipe for all 16i/d, 18i/d (and 20i/d if equipped with the N20 or N47 engines respectively)
    - four exhaust pipes (two either side) for the ///M models
    - twin exhaust pipes, one on either side, for all other six cylinder petrols
    - twin exhaust pipes on the left for everything else

Yeah I think it's on the higher x drive suspension. That photo maybe just makes it look a little lower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Id say there will be a queue of us asking to but that from you in a few years. Dibs first!

Id say there will be a queue of us asking to but that from you in a few years. Dibs first!

Can't see him keeping it that long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

After nearly 3 months I finally got the Alfa back.
    Not impressed with the way the garage handled the repair.
    The horn was still broken, the parking sensors don't work and there is a wider panel gap between the wing and the bonnet compared to the other side so the wing is either poorly fitted or the bonnet.
    Car has to go back again but I'm fairly pissed off with how this has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After valet with steam cleaner and wax friday. Lads did great job.

IMG_20180623_163953.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

After a wash on Friday.

W1gE8jl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Gave the cars a really good going over yesterday. Evening time light photos are bot the best though.

I went to town on the Civic using some extremely cheap products and even went so far as to put tyre shine on the plastic mouldings :pac: will look nice until the first shower of rain.

20180624_201341.jpg
    20180624_201442.jpg

Done the Golf too but was a bit more careful with it as it's still kinda new. The paint is in great shape on it and it's wearing the miles very well IMO.

20180624_201331.jpg

Steamwash and handwax done.

20180625_120615.jpg

20180625_121543.jpg

20180625_122647.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice, Is that in the Strand?

Correct. Didn't know we are neighbours :)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nice, Is that in the Strand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Correct. Didn't know we are neighbours :)

Actually I was wondering too. There is a valet place down in the garage. Another limerick head so. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement