Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Any link to the screen?

Will it also play nice with the factory reversing camera? Have the standard nav in one and it's not great but the Android one sounds like it would do what we want.

I don't have a link for the 2gb screen but I can get a link for the 1gb on eBay.

Yeah it is fully plug and play it switches between android and I drive via the menu button and the android can be controlled via the I drive control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Picked her up this evening, delighted with it.

https://imgur.com/a/v2fnRWp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Picked her up this evening, delighted with it.

Is it C220 2015? Looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is it C220 2015? Looks class

It is indeed, only got it home late enough last night. Better pictures on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It is indeed, only got it home late enough last night. Better pictures on the way.

great car i got a 2014 same model and colour a few months back, normally i get bored very quickly but not this time, im using the more miles diesel in topaz and getting great mpg out of it
    best of luck with the car

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Saw that on FB. Looks well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

People carriers and bike racks....where did it all go wrong.

IMG_20180609_163005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you have to ask maybe it was the postman or milkman vintage¿¿

Pain I would say if need anything in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

vintagevrs wrote: »
    People carriers and bike racks....where did it all go wrong.

I like that you have matching bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Just got my car back from James over at MX Valeting. He did an incredible job. Absolutely delighted with the results.

Thanks a million for dropping by :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Just got my car back from James over at MX Valeting. He did an incredible job. Absolutely delighted with the results.

How much extra was it for the trim restorer inclusion? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dar83 wrote: »
    How much extra was it for the trim restorer inclusion? :p

I was thinking the same :D

Not a bad days work happy with how it turned out for my first effort at doing paint cleanup job, ran out if time so going to take the wheels off and do them tomorrow.

20180611_162051.jpg

20180611_161846.jpg

20180611_162121.jpg

One thing I will say is the more time you spend cleaning your car the more you realise the paint is not as perfect as you thought.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not a bad days work happy with how it turned out for my first effort at doing paint cleanup job, ran out if time so going to take the wheels off and do them tomorrow.

One thing I will say is the more time you spend cleaning your car the more you realise the paint is not as perfect as you thought.

Looks great. It's the perfectionist mindset. Spend enough time wanting to get everything perfect when detailing, you see everything that you can't fix. No need to worry, 99.9% of people will only see a clean, well looked after motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a good thing it's not Carbon Black then.

Looks great. It's the perfectionist mindset. Spend enough time wanting to get everything perfect when detailing, you see everything that you can't fix. No need to worry, 99.9% of people will only see a clean, well looked after motor.

Cheers mate.

Yeah I agree but there was a few marks I didn't know that were there and some others I thought I'd be able take out but I couldn't but will figure it out eventually.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a good thing it's not Carbon Black then.

Yeah that looks like trouble. Yours looks well tho.

Rule of thumb when polishing is that when you run your fingernail across the scartch, if it catches it's not going to come out. Another one is that if the scratch disappears when wet, it can easily be polished out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Following on from my previous post, I've now imported the car and going through registration tomorrow. Had it inspected today for VRT, in the midst of a fleet of Tesla's over in Greenhills - apparently a very common import this year.

Obligatory photo, I'm delighted with it, but still shedding a tear for the trusty 325i next to it. Will get some proper photos over the weekend, for now some phone shots.

25upgyc.jpg

30mn8mb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

One word. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

4 series by far the nicest looking beemers at the moment. Gorgeous and well wear.

Edit: Be interested to hear how you find the 4 cylinder to 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wow, what a car, health to enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the nice words. Rubber-stamps my decision to press ahead with it and stump up the VRT! Some of my friends and colleagues think I'm mad, but cars are my thing.

Regarding the change from 6 cylinders to 4, I'm not going to lie, I miss the 6-pot and every well documented characteristic that comes with it. But to be fair to it's modern equivalent, if I park the missing silky smoothness, this engine is a worthy successor. From a power and delivery point of view, its incomparable. Together with the optional extra 8 speed sport auto box, the car just wants to accelerate. Especially in Sport+ mode with paddles only. Getting up to motorway limits is effortless, so much so, I'm struggling (without even knowing) to keep to the limits...and I'm usually a complete stickler for them (which reminds me to get the digital speedo coded in).

If anyone is looking for serious bang for buck, I'd suggest you include this on your test drive list. I had not originally due to the absence of 2 cylinders and natural aspiration, but once I got over my snobbiness, I'm delighted with the outcome.

The brakes are incredible, but that's another days story.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ciarsd wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the nice words. Rubber-stamps my decision to press ahead with it and stump up the VRT! Some of my friends and colleagues think I'm mad, but cars are my thing.

Regarding the change from 6 cylinders to 4, I'm not going to lie, I miss the 6-pot and every well documented characteristic that comes with it. But to be fair to it's modern equivalent, if I park the missing silky smoothness, this engine is a worthy successor. From a power and delivery point of view, its incomparable. Together with the optional extra 8 speed sport auto box, the car just wants to accelerate. Especially in Sport+ mode with paddles only. Getting up to motorway limits is effortless, so much so, I'm struggling (without even knowing) to keep to the limits...and I'm usually a complete stickler for them (which reminds me to get the digital speedo coded in).

If anyone is looking for serious bang for buck, I'd suggest you include this on your test drive list. I had not originally due to the absence of 2 cylinders and natural aspiration, but once I got over my snobbiness, I'm delighted with the outcome.

The brakes are incredible, but that's another days story.

What a savage car. Looks the absolute business. The 28i engine is a cracker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What's happening to the 325?? I literally just bought back one that I sold earlier this year, please tell me I didn't miss out on buying this one!

Also, the 428 is fantastic. The 4 series coupe is a great piece of kit, interior is amazing.

What a savage car. Looks the absolute business. The 28i engine is a cracker too.

Thanks. Like I've said previously, at first I all but dismissed the 28i in favour of the 35i but I simply could not make that work with budget in finding a non ragged one with the specific spec I wanted. I've been almost 6 months searching I kid you not. Similar amount of time for the E92 previous to this.
    What's happening to the 325?? I literally just bought back one that I sold earlier this year, please tell me I didn't miss out on buying this one!

Also, the 428 is fantastic. The 4 series coupe is a great piece of kit, interior is amazing.

It's just gone up for sale on Carzone & DoneDeal, that's a shame. I've not posted my ad up as I don't want to overstep forum rules with links etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Ad looks great ;) You should have no bother selling it, looks to be in great condition.

Great photography BTW!

• Advertisement

I've not posted my ad up as I don't want to overstep forum rules with links etc.

You can have it in your sig ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement