Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Cracking car, there's one where I work in black. It's definitely a car that looks best with a striking colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I thought it was a screenshot for grand theft auto at first
    Fab car

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is that Mustang?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Jaysus, most dad's drive e class diesels. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Brother just picked up a 207 gti, nice car, 175bhp.

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Myself and my buddies 520i, which is ready to be replaced by a 535i in the next few weeks once it's cleared and taxed :cool:

ggsZrUrh.jpg

Tmaj6yph.jpg

uKDGkioh.jpg

HrTME34h.jpg

OC5piyph.jpg

tMAxVhBh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

20180620_213345.jpg

20180621_195950.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got the Irish plates on it today. VRT process totally painless and cost me exactly what I expected it to.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vpsAcPF

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cark bae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Got the Irish plates on it today. VRT process totally painless and cost me exactly what I expected it to.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vpsAcPF

Lovely car, just loose those tyres :eek:

• Advertisement

Carpentry wrote: »
    Lovely car, just loose those tyres :eek:

Oh I know! Tried to get dealer to change them as part of the deal but non runner unfortunately.

Waiting for payday now to change them. Anyone got any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What kind of tyre do you want? I would recommend Goodyear Eagle F1s or Pirelli P Zero, both from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I'm running Michelin PS4 on the back of mine and Kumho Ecsta Ku39 on the front that will be replaced soon with PS4's. Rate them above the F1's to be honest.

Not looking for anything in particular really, will check those ones out thanks.

Oh I know! Tried to get dealer to change them as part of the deal but non runner unfortunately.

Waiting for payday now to change them. Anyone got any recommendations?

Uniroyal Rainsport 3, great grip, soft, comfortable, very quite. Get them online delivered to you local tire fitter, will cost you about 110e per corner plus fitting.

Seen brand new ones on DD for sale at 360 for 4x18 and 240 for 4x17, thats really cheap.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, amazing, better than above, but at 125e er corner, for me best on the market for usual Joe.

If need something below 100e per corner Id go with Nexen Nfera SU4

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check if they are run flats and Mercedes fit them to some of their models too.

My Merc dealer had put Kumho Ecsta HS51 on the fronts, they are ok but I like Michellin primacy 3 more. I believe none of them are run flats but still they are on my C class.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Check if they are run flats and Mercedes fit them to some of their models too.

I would personally steer away from run flats, and Kumho and Michelins, they only look good on paper. Had both fitted in the cars before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Kumho are actually a good tyre but they wear quite quickly in my experience.

and a bit stiff and noisy on some surfaces.

• Advertisement

And poor mileage. Usually D or E rating for fuel consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Agree with this, i've had a mixture of tyres on my ST, the stock Brigestone RE050, Kumho Ectsa KU39, Eagle F1 Asy 2 and 3, i recently put two Hankook Ventus Evo 2 on the front and i'd rate them as good if not even better that the Goodyears. The Bridestone were terrible, fronts only lasted 12k. Had Kumho Ectsa KU39 as well got 18k out of those. Goodyear were substantially better wear wise, i got 40k out of those once i rotated them, well see how the Hankooks go wear wise.

I am thinking of getting Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 for rear side. Is it worth switching Kumho Ecsta to rear end and use the new Goodyear on front?
    My car is rear wheel drive, C class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I've got a set of Asy 3s on the back of my (rear wheel drive) E46 and I'm very happy with them, they're very reasonably priced, have excellent grip and they're not too loud. I'm not sure if they're the most economical but I always reckon these things are maybe 5-10 miles on a tank at most, I'd gladly sacrifice that for grip and quietness. You should always change tyres in pairs (i.e. change both sides even if only one side needs doing).

The dealer took the run flats off them and replaced with those no name ones before selling. Might try those Uniroyals, thanks for the suggestions.

The dealer took the run flats off them and replaced with those no name ones before selling. Might try those Uniroyals, thanks for the suggestions.

they are honestly great tires, friend put them on e92 and it completely changed driving experience, quite and plenty of grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Picked this up today....very happy with it so far. Still trying to get my head around the technology in it.

IMG_20180623_115029.jpg

IMG_20180623_115316.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Wailin

Very nice. What year is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Well wear vintage. You’re working your way through all the 3 series models.
    What’s the spec on it? Presume you bought in uk/ni?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Well wear vintage. You’re working your way through all the 3 series models.
    What’s the spec on it? Presume you bought in uk/ni?

NI by the looks of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement