Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Valentine's Special - 12th. February 2016

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Thargor wrote: »
    This is funny :D

I think she was expecting the real Daniel. It's sad to look at Mario these days. He really was excellent when he first started on Gift Grub, but he just falls back on dressing up and bad impressions these days, in lieu of actually writing some good material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Kerry girl either got her numbers mixed up or that was a setup by LLS. Deano tells a story about a one nighter, is obviously on something, so far behind the other two blokes and she still picked him despite audience booing him. Seems like they picked him up at a bus stop, RTE's idea of entertainment is to exploit easy pickings.

On the flip side it was watchable as a change to the usual borefest. RDS tonight will try to copy the cringe but manage to make a horror show instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I know it's not a popular opinion but I thought Ryan Tubridy did well on Friday.

It was an unpredictable show, with a lot of audience participation (some of whom were several sheets to the wind)

He looked relaxed and kept it ticking along. If he would only ditch his prepared questions more often and go with his instinct the LLS would be much more watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loved when he said Shag :D Made my night :D

Skid X wrote: »
    I know it's not a popular opinion but I thought Ryan Tubridy did well on Friday..

You're right..

It's not popular. ;)

• Advertisement

You're right..

It's not popular. ;)

:pac:

Tubs or Darcy - who's the best?

If you had to, absolutely, pick one of them (and no-one else) to host the LLS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Tubridy

Tubs :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Tubs :)

Down, Girl :)

Down, Girl :)

I'm behaving myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,471 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I know it's not a popular opinion but I thought Ryan Tubridy did well on Friday.

It was an unpredictable show, with a lot of audience participation (some of whom were several sheets to the wind)

He looked relaxed and kept it ticking along. If he would only ditch his prepared questions more often and go with his instinct the LLS would be much more watchable.

I think it was so good because it was like a Toy Show for adults.

:pac: Tubs or Darcy - who's the best? If you had to, absolutely, pick one of them (and no-one else) to host the LLS?

It's a bit like asking, if you were center forward on an Irish international soccer team (from any generation) who would you rather was crossing in the ball... Chris Morris or Aidan McGeady. :(

I would have given the Late Late to Brendan and made the Saturday night show a different, funny show hosted by somebody like Tommy Tiernan.. What we have now is the same show on two different nights, albeit presented by two different types of gobsh1te.

It's a bit like asking, if you were center forward on an Irish international soccer team (from any generation) who would you rather was crossing in the ball... Chris Morris or Aidan McGeady. :(

I would have given the Late Late to Brendan and made the Saturday night show a different, funny show hosted by somebody like Tommy Tiernan.. What we have now is the same show on two different nights, albeit presented by two different types of gobsh1te.

Heh, well yeah in fairness I don't disagree with you (and kudos on the Chris Morris Crossing Reference - that brings back horrific memories!)

But I would rank Tubs ahead of RD. He isn't great, but he can be decent at times. I still think Tubridy Tonight was a good show, it's a shame he didn't transfer well to the big gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Ah Peter, Tommy Tiernan is about as funny as Daniel O'Donnel is rock and roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Tubridy. He seems fairly natural and generally has a good rapport with his guests.

D'arcy apart from being a very poor interviewer also looks extremely awkward and uptight. A fish out of water if ever I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Good news for the disappointed Wee Daniel fan in the audience... :D

http://youtu.be/J8i-0PYybUU

Advertisement