Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Valentine's Special - 12th. February 2016

Options
  • 12-02-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭

istock_000003740402xsmall.jpg

Cute-Kitten-and-dog-559684.jpg

Aw...can you feel the love tonight? :)

*prepares space behind couch*

It's the Late Late Valentine's Special 2016! Here's Ronan O'Gara pictured in the doghouse after last year...

Man-in-the-Dog-House-64664.jpg

This year's studio audience of 200 singletons will be tempted by a slow set as a trio of 80s superstars play Cupid and unleash their greatest hits.

p01bqsfd.jpg

*moves couch out a little bit more*

But wait...heeeeeere's Johnny!

18.jpg

And who ordered the wind machine? It's Bonnie!

BONNIE%20TYLER.jpg

Ryan will be aiming to be everyone's wingman on the night with a series of games played out over the course of the evening to help the audience members find their soul mate.

There'll be a panel on the perils of the modern dating game and also an amazing story of sacrifice and devotion from Ireland's most loved-up couple, chosen from hundreds of entries received by The Late Late Show in the last week.

Also on the show, Dublin footballer Philly McMahon will be sharing his inspirational story of striving for success against all odds. and model-turned-beauty guru Pippa O'Connor will chat with Ryan about life and love as she and husband Brian Ormond prepare for the arrival of their second child.

Feel the love tonighty, 9.35pm! :)

gay%2Bman%2Bcupid%2Bdiaper.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ooh, Johnny Logan Bonnie Tyler and Chris DeBurgh together at last. That's a big night for all the BonnieLoganBurgers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'd love to know what the show's long-term strategy is, assuming there is one. They're making no effort to appeal to a younger (even 30ish) audience and it's quite obviously deliberate. I wonder where RTE see it going within the next 10 years?

I quite like the idea of relaxing in front of an Irish show on a Friday night, as opposed to a UK one. Being able to reflect on the week with your society, chatting about your own issues, etc. But RTE give me no reason to do that, week in, week out.

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd love to know what the show's long-term strategy is, assuming there is one. They're making no effort to appeal to a younger (even 30ish) audience and it's quite obviously deliberate. I wonder where RTE see it going within the next 10 years?

Probably want the younger generation from a premium text competition entry point of view and social media coverage so they can sell that to advertisers. If it was me I would get rid of the RDS while LLS is running and alternate them, there's not enough guests in the country to have 2 prime time shows one night apart.

The misery slots need to be removed and placed on a midweek or Sunday night show hosted by some misery merchant who would get a sadistic thrill out of it like Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The misery slots need to be removed and placed on a midweek or Sunday night show hosted by some misery merchant who would get a sadistic thrill out of it like Joe Duffy.

Whoy?* ;)

*Joe Duffy related joke for the uninitiated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I have seen maybe 3-5 LLSs in the last 10 years. One featured Katie Hopkins and a very drunk audience, with a large group of men and a woman frantically picking 3 guys to go on speed dates with on the set and some very awkward conversation on matters dating from The Dainty Little Bugger himself - was that also a Valentines Show?

Re the misery slots, does anyone remember the contortionist on it one night, circa 2008. He was doubled up in a knot on the stage with everyone clapping and whistling, but in the front row you could see a woman balling her eyes out.

Her son had just been murdered and she was the next guest. When the camera eventually cut to her there was still people buzzing off the muppet on stage. The Plank began his interview with the woman (who is utterly devastated and getting ready to bare her soul) surrounded by people who looked like they'd just walked out of Alton Towers.

Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,115 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Now now boardsies, let's get in the romantic mood...

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Mr. Angstrom is like, soooooo hot for me! ;)

I always did prefer Cork to Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I have seen maybe 3-5 LLSs in the last 10 years. One featured Katie Hopkins and a very drunk audience, with a large group of men and a woman frantically picking 3 guys to go on speed dates with on the set and some very awkward conversation on matters dating from The Dainty Little Bugger himself - was that also a Valentines Show?

Bet your ass it was. So bad it was...not good at all.

Re the misery slots, does anyone remember the contortionist on it one night, circa 2008. He was doubled up in a knot on the stage with everyone clapping and whistling, but in the front row you could see a woman balling her eyes out.

Her son had just been murdered and she was the next guest. When the camera eventually cut to her there was still people buzzing off the muppet on stage. The Plank began his interview with the woman (who is utterly devastated and getting ready to bare her soul) surrounded by people who looked like they'd just walked out of Alton Towers.

Horrible.

Really? Jesus. Though i shouldn't be surprised. The frankly ridiculous combination of piss poor musical/comedy acts followed by people who have recently suffered personal tragedy always staggers me.

• Advertisement

Oi! Boards! No!

No slow loading b*llocks tonight. Get yer sh!t together.

Ah, please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Now now boardsies, let's get in the romantic mood...

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Mr. Angstrom is like, soooooo hot for me! ;)

I always did prefer Cork to Dublin :D

A few LLS threadsters on mine it seems.

Username Compatibility
    Turtyturd
    K-9
    Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    Welsh Megaman
    Skid X
    LuckyLloyd
    RoboKlopp
    grey_so_what
    Glico Man
    dublinman1990

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm gonna miss the majority if not all of tonight's show. I regret nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is the audience going to be full of (crazy) singles again???

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

amdublin wrote: »

Yes 200 I think was the figure mentioned, hopefully they have been exposed to vast amounts of alcohol. I remember last year some looper called Maaaark shouting at Katie Hopkins that he'd ride her, more of those class of people please :D...

Just as a nod to the weekend that's in it** I always liked Ewan McGregor's medley in Moulin Rouge. He has an excellent range and I think this scene really works. He should do more musical films, maybe biopics.

** Don't worry, normal sarcasm will resume at 9.35pm

Wait now, the terror of the singles rubbish made me somehow miss ol' lady in red himself is on. It's the worst guest list since....ah who cares

Ha! A typo just there gave me a new word for this sort of crap...

Tubbish!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I love Ewan Mcgregors smile :)

I love Ewan Mcgregors smile :)

:) I haven't seen him in anything in ages. Must find out what he's at.

Here...we...go!

tv_man_hiding_behind_couch_stock-100567376-primary.idge.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all, love cringe is in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Having carefully studied your opening post,Welsh Megaman, and watched Tubridy inviting us not to miss the show, and being aware that it's Valentine's weekend, I have made an irrevocable decision

I'm outta here!!!

I got one of those Bonnie Tyler Sat Navs for Christmas.

It's alright, but it keeps telling me to turn around. And every now and then it falls apart.

No jokes like the old jokes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Morto if you got tickets tonight and had to be paraded like a cattle mart.

They should do this every week, so you can spot your relatives and friends who said they were going.

I sensing a love theme.

oh great there's a few well oiled ones there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bleedin scarleh for them all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Bringing in the audience like this should kill a good five minutes for RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

tumblr_lze3ecHMZZ1qzfomio1_400.gif

Advertisement