Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Comfort Food

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Mashed potato, baked beans, quorn sausage, eggs. All mashed up together like a baby dinner. Butter too.
    I always have this dinner when I'm sad

That quorn stuff is bad for you, eat healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Think it would have to be stew, was superb, although in fairness I'd say the majority of people here would say that the stew their mother or father made was the best ever, that's fair enough IMO.

Also, she used to make incredible apple cakes and deep filled apple pies, swingin' jaysus, a slice of that with a dollop of ice cream or custard was supreme :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A good fry-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

A dirty doner kebab, dripping in chili sauce and grease. Just like my old gran used to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Ballycotton new potatoes with salt and real butter - the food of every summer childhood, and something I can only dream of now.
    Ambrosia creamed rice - probably so bad for me, but, what I always crave if I am sick.
    My Grandmothers brown bread with her homemade blackberry jam - no longer possible to have either of those now, makes me want them even more.

Dammit this thread has made me homesick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Mashed potato, baked beans, quorn sausage, eggs. All mashed up together like a baby dinner. Butter too.
    I always have this dinner when I'm sad

I love to use left over mash up by frying a bit of onion on a pan, throwing the mash in and then beans and heating all through. Add a bit of cheese too and it is just divine. A real mess to look at but tasty as fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

I have more to add to my original list:

- A magnum, white chocolate or that new Raspberry covered one, nom
    - A bowl of cornflakes with ice cold milk
    - The heel of a slicepan, covered in Philadelphia Chives cream cheese
    - My mother's scones, covered in homemade blackberry jam
    - My mother's mash potato

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Witchie wrote: »
    I love to use left over mash up by frying a bit of onion on a pan, throwing the mash in and then beans and heating all through. Add a bit of cheese too and it is just divine. A real mess to look at but tasty as fook.

I need some now. Haven't had time to eat today and my dad just rang and I have to take him to the hospital so that will be another few foodless hours. Dammit. Am more upset about my dad obviously but that is why comfort food would be perfect about now. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Here's a weird one.

Get a snap-pack of spaghetti hoops and one of the single portions of Philadelphia Light.

Microwave the spaghetti hoops for 30 seconds, plonk the chunk of Philadelphia into the middle of it, microwave for a further 30 seconds.

Stir. Enjoy. You're welcome!

Advertisement