Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest service agent Aer Lingus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭A2020

Backpack20 wrote: »
    Any phone calls today ?

Not yet. How about yourself did you get a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Backpack20

Nope ! I dunno it's hard to predict things. Keep positive I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

Not a word here either !
    Would love to know one way or another

Yah I think it's time I pack it in for this year ! Hopefully third time lucky next year 😂, best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Baxtrax

Yep it was a landline number for those who asked! I think interviews are going on until next week

• Advertisement

I put down April for when I could start working , I'm in college at the moment . I don't think that date will be suited with the training... Haven't recieved a phone call yet.

Are you done with college in april? As far as Im aware the job starts mid april so you'll be grand

Baxtrax wrote: »
    Yep it was a landline number for those who asked! I think interviews are going on until next week

Did you have your interview and how did it go.

A2020 wrote:
    Did you have your interview and how did it go.

It wasnt too bad.. went well but lasted around an hour. Lets see how the selection process goes..

Well I'm finished in or around April ! Really disappointed it's my second time applying. Thought I would of received a phone call .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 monkeyduff

I have an interview with aer lingus on Monday at 12.
    I would appreciate any tips. An hour seems like a long time for an interview.
    Also what is the salary?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Well I'm finished in or around April ! Really disappointed it's my second time applying. Thought I would of received a phone call .

I have a phone number you can call to see what status your application is at if helps?

Congrats on the interview ! How long did it take for them to contact you after you completed the online application ? I emailed them already and they said they are currently reviewing all applications.. Thanks tho !

Well done to those who have got an interview , I still haven't heard anything so I'm guessing I'm out .

I have an interview with
    A different airline on Tuesday so I'm assuming its a similar process , so any tips will be valuable

I have an interview with A different airline on Tuesday so I'm assuming its a similar process , so any tips will be valuable Thanks :-)

I also have one on Tuesday with a different airline ;o

monkeyduff wrote:
    I have an interview with aer lingus on Monday at 12. I would appreciate any tips. An hour seems like a long time for an interview. Also what is the salary? Thanks.

Im also wondering what the salary is ...

Im also wondering what the salary is ...

Me too ,,, very little information available

I'm guessing we are on the same one ? 8 am Tuesday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Me too ,,, very little information available

I'm guessing we are on the same one ? 8 am Tuesday ?

Salary would probably be around €11 an hour or so

Seriously? Is that all?

monkeyduff wrote: »
    Seriously? Is that all?

Some are only paying 10 euro ph & aren't paid for rest breaks on that either .

Seriously? Is that all?

Yeah Airline ground staff pay is pretty grim these days.. Would be the same with American carriers. It's good experience and somewhere to start but do not expect to earn a fortune 😊

• Advertisement

Take it we are out if we didn't hear anything about an interview yet.

SNNUS wrote:
    Yeah Airline ground staff pay is pretty grim these days.. Would be the same with American carriers. It's good experience and somewhere to start but do not expect to earn a fortune 😊

Who do you think would be better as an employer for the customer service job? AA or EI?

Who do you think would be better as an employer for the customer service job? AA or EI?

You would probably have a smaller team working with AA and flight benefits with them as you would with EI but probably more hours with EI.. Is the AA job full time or part time? Is the EI job just for the summer?

SNNUS wrote:
    You would probably have a smaller team working with AA and flight benefits with them as you would with EI but probably more hours with EI.. Is the AA job full time or part time? Is the EI job just for the summer?

Both are for the summer...would you have a chance of staying on?

Both are for the summer...would you have a chance of staying on?

Go for both, maybe better chance with EI due to size but AA are big in Dublin these days, ask in the interviews is there any scope for being kept on. They will usually keep the good ones. Thing with EI is you will have shifts ranging from 0400-2300. AA flights leave in the morning so your shifts would be 6-1300 or something like that so no afternoon shifts which don't suit some people.

It seems that most of these positions been advertised are seasonal and only a certain amount are kept on .

Are AA recruiting? Or have I missed the boat on that one?

How was the interview?

Went good . Waiting game now

• Advertisement

Are AA recruiting? Or have I missed the boat on that one?

Yes AA are recruiting , interviews were held this morning

Advertisement