Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Society Outing - Portmarnock Links

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Seve OB wrote: »
    So I'm guessing you found them fast? I actually was the opposite, and I was leaving them short all day

Yeah, fast mostly I think. Just surprising at times. Possibly the wind having an effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Apologies for tardiness in expressing delight on an enjoyable round of golf - never played course before so a little disconcerting. Playing partners Roadrunner and Athlone99 were excellent company....regret I had to leave straight away (5 hours on the course?)....and a little tired that night...but it was worth it. Thanks to my playing partners and above all thanks to those who contributed to the organisation of the day...their efforts are very much appreciated.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads, a bit of an update on the prize selection for 2016. ;):D

I used 1 of my brand new Prov1s that I won at weekend for my last 36 holes now :D - has been an interesting experiment. Pulled the jaysus out of a 3 wood today (on hole 36 in the sequence) and said that is the end - it bounced back into play off a sleeper and I got a free drop. It is sort of getting ridiculous now. I think prizes from Board'outings are a bit lucky to be honest.

18 of the holes were in Corballis in a wind too (with a par at 3 :eek:) - so this is, sort of getting past ridiculous/ridiculous.

I'm sad and a bit depressed to announce - the outer skin on a new one, does last longer versus, the rewashed, reclaimed, re stolen versions.

So - my brand new Titleist 3 is still going - not sure what to do next , keep going , looked today and 2 tiny little cracks. I've had a good few bunker shots a few slices , tops, blades - bombers and ballooned.

Anyway - thanks lads - have enjoyed the prize so far - 2 to go and 1 in 80 % condition.

The Dunlop is looking on in a - this time will pass sort of look. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lads, a bit of an update on the prize selection for 2016. ;):D

I used 1 of my brand new Prov1s that I won at weekend for my last 36 holes now :D - has been an interesting experiment. Pulled the jaysus out of a 3 wood today (on hole 36 in the sequence) and said that is the end - it bounced back into play off a sleeper and I got a free drop. It is sort of getting ridiculous now. I think prizes from Board'outings are a bit lucky to be honest.

18 of the holes were in Corballis in a wind too (with a par at 3 :eek:) - so this is, sort of getting past ridiculous/ridiculous.

I'm sad and a bit depressed to announce - the outer skin on a new one, does last longer versus, the rewashed, reclaimed, re stolen versions.

So - my brand new Titleist 3 is still going - not sure what to do next , keep going , looked today and 2 tiny little cracks. I've had a good few bunker shots a few slices , tops, blades - bombers and ballooned.

Anyway - thanks lads - have enjoyed the prize so far - 2 to go and 1 in 80 % condition.

The Dunlop is looking on in a - this time will pass sort of look. :D

Switched from Pro V's to Z Stars and can easily get three rounds out of them. Have you tried them?

Advertisement