Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XVIII 2016

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Delighted with that. Showed great attitude after going down and I think we deserved to win. Wasn't epic but happy with the result. Worried that A Smith has played two 80mins already and we're missing fumi to come on after 60.

Yeah, toughie next week

Oh and Fekitoa had a great game today, so much improved from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not a lot of quality on show in the Reds and Force game, very error strewn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

One Bulls player just kicked the ball up his teammate's ass, full force at very close range. Definitely one to watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Not a lot of quality on show in the Reds and Force game, very error strewn.

That's the second super 18 game I've watched and the second reds game. I think I'm the only one who genuinely does watch super rugby that is actually worse than 6n

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭calico77

matthew8 wrote: »
    One Bulls player just kicked the ball up his teammate's ass, full force at very close range. Definitely one to watch later.

edinburgh level crowd in a huge stadium. 35-3 to bulls just after half time

errlloyd wrote: »
    That's the second super 18 game I've watched and the second reds game. I think I'm the only one who genuinely does watch super rugby that is actually worse than 6n

I wouldn't take the Reds as the standard of Super Rugby, as they are a very poor team. Not all games are classics, and there is always one or two turgid games every weekend. Notwithstanding this, the competition is very entertaining and you have players trying things you wouldn't see elsewhere. All the New Zealand sides are worth watching, along with the Brumbies and the Waratahs from the Aussie Conference. The South African sides can be a bit hit and miss though. The Jaguares are well worth a watch as well. I am not going to compare Super Rugby to NH rugby as there are a considerable number of factors that contribute to different styles of play.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

matthew8 wrote: »

Definitely superior rugby in the SH. Why can't the NH teams play more like this!!!

https://twitter.com/Jackkaef/status/706112283466928128

I wouldn't take the Reds as the standard of Super Rugby, as they are a very poor team. Not all games are classics, and there is always one or two turgid games every weekend. Notwithstanding this, the competition is very entertaining and you have players trying things you wouldn't see elsewhere. All the New Zealand sides are worth watching, along with the Brumbies and the Waratahs from the Aussie Conference. The South African sides can be a bit hit and miss though. The Jaguares are well worth a watch as well. I am not going to compare Super Rugby to NH rugby as there are a considerable number of factors that contribute to different styles of play.

To be fair, I think I acknowledged that the Reds games are outliers that go against the norm. :)

That's said, I've only seen the second half of this bulls rebels game, but it's not brilliant despite the high score.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

rugby1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

errlloyd wrote: »
    To be fair, I think I acknowledged that the Reds games are outliers that go against the norm. :)

That's said, I've only seen the second half of this bulls rebels game, but it's not brilliant despite the high score.

You're having a shocker there errlloyd. First you choose the Reds as your team to follow....then those lads from Pretoria, widely acknowledged as a city of learning & culture, with gracious and self-effacing fans.

It's like choosing Treviso & the Dragons to assess the Pro 12...

swiwi_ wrote: »
    You're having a shocker there errlloyd. First you choose the Reds as your team to follow....then those lads from Pretoria, widely acknowledged as a city of learning & culture, with gracious and self-effacing fans.

It's like choosing Treviso & the Dragons to assess the Pro 12...

I blame time zones for this nonsense Swiwi.

jaguares just scored a beautiful try, 7-3 up against the sharks

Jaguares two lads in the bin. Peyper is ref. They are getting minced up front

Already mentioned on the Leinster thread but Richard Graham has finally been sacked by the Reds. Nick Stiles and Matt O'Connor are the interim coaches. Graham wasn't a good coach at all, but a lot of blame has to lie with the Reds' board who wasted money or one or two big names rather than try to build a squad. Another difficult season lies ahead, not sure they will be inundated with applications for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Already mentioned on the Leinster thread but Richard Graham has finally been sacked by the Reds. Nick Stiles and Matt O'Connor are the interim coaches. Graham wasn't a good coach at all, but a lot of blame has to lie with the Reds' board who wasted money or one or two big names rather than try to build a squad. Another difficult season lies ahead, not sure they will be inundated with applications for the job.

Over a million quid split between Karmichael Hunt and James O'Conner alone, an amazing waste, Hunt is a worse player than when he played at Biarritz straight out of league, and JOC has already left...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

swiwi_ wrote: »
    One of my mates wanted to have a read of the latest edition of NZ rugby featuring a centrefold feature on the Crusaders scrum. Sheepishly had to tell him the pages were stuck together.

Also, very happy with the new FH Mo'unga. Looks a very promising 10.

For the Blues, Umaga got his team selection horribly wrong.

Crusaders bye then Dagg and Ireland's favourite son Crotty back in action.

Happy days.

Robbie Fruen has started on field training as well. Saw him floating about facility today.

round 3

Friday 11 March

06:35 Blues v. Hurricanes
    11:05 Force v. Brumbies

Saturday 12 March

06:35 Highlanders v. Lions
    08:45 Rebels v. Reds
    10:55 Sunwolves v. Cheetahs
    13:05 Kings v. Chiefs
    15:15 Stormers v. Sharks

pick of the games bolded.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Serious injury to Robert du Preez Jr. means he won't be playing against his two brothers and father (coach).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Serious injury to Robert du Preez Jr. means he won't be playing against his two brothers and father (coach).

Just read that, 12 weeks with a knee injury.

• Advertisement

Well that was certainly a half of two halves.
    Blues looked in total control for the first 25 going 8 - 0 up and West missing two pens.
    Then within 10 minutes they find themselves 8 - 15. Hurricanes so deadly off turn over ball.

Ranger, for all his potential in attack, really doesn't have much positional sense for a winger

Refs riding blues

13-23 after 60

What a grubber by lima! Faddes try

Reds are so bad even ed quirke would look good in their team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I'm just posting this because I feel sorry for Syd. I don't want you to think you're talking to yourself.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I'm just posting this because I feel sorry for Syd. I don't want you to think you're talking to yourself.

Haha it's grand, it wouldn't be the first time I've had a chat with myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What a try by the Sunwolves. Delightful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

AWHOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Wow 4 tries for the Sunwolves before half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone seen what happened here?
    28tym9v.jpg

Advertisement