Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice numberplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This McLaren seems to be getting around a bit. Spotted in Kildare outlet shopping centre.

IMAG0748_zps18eowhjv.jpgWith this i8 only a couple of spaces away with a questionable colour scheme imo.IMAG0753_zpsixzdq0sz.jpgThen this RS spotted at Tesco Naas.IMG-20160618-WA0023_zpsnotbqjeh.jpg[img][/img]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That false badging thing makes zero sense. People who know, know. People who don't, wouldn't look twice anyway as they don't care. Maybe I'm wrong actually as some people may be fooled.

I wouldn't go out of my way, but if I met that driver in a car park I'd compliment the car and play along and see what happens. Wonder do they go with the lie.

Merc have cheapened the AMG brand completely - it's now a "spec level/option".

So "bluetec AMG tdi" is actually a real thing. Somewhere a load of dervboys are huffing nox and getting FAR too excited about having joining the AMG club.

Expect to see a lot more AMGs on the road in Ireland. Just switch your aircon to recirc, and keep your windows closed - the noise and the soot will NOT be the AMG you were looking for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In the last year, I've driven about 20 Merc rentals in the U.K. half of them AMG, all of them diesels.

usually just means bigger wheels, and sport mode (which in fairness, the non AMG's have as well)

styling wise, I like them, but like my own 320d M-Sport, underneath, they are still just a tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

So "bluetec AMG tdi" is actually a real thing. Somewhere a load of dervboys are huffing nox and getting FAR too excited about having joining the AMG club.

Expect to see a lot more AMGs on the road in Ireland. Just switch your aircon to recirc, and keep your windows closed - the noise and the soot will NOT be the AMG you were looking for.

It is the M-sport or the R or the S-sport of the merc world.... Body kits, styling, wheels and hard suspension.... It sells... No one who knows cars is fooled when someone tries to pass an AMG kit for a 63/65 or an M-sport for an M3... Let them off....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

First Mustang I saw on the road in Ireland.

:cool:

image.jpg

I'm still more of Dodge fan, but I won't complain about seeing a few mustangs around. Looks mean in that colour :-)

I'm still more of Dodge fan, but I won't complain about seeing a few mustangs around. Looks mean in that colour :-)

Never drove a Dodge, but first hand experience between a Mustang (GT and Ecosboost) and a Camaro (SS) I'd definitely consider myself more of a Ford man!

It is the M-sport or the R or the S-sport of the merc world.... Body kits, styling, wheels and hard suspension.... It sells... No one who knows cars is fooled when someone tries to pass an AMG kit for a 63/65 or an M-sport for an M3... Let them off....

It's just a pity when something that had heritage is cheapened like this. I think the R thing is some very very subtle version of some kinda double joke, I'm not sure if it's genius or what ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That false badging thing makes zero sense. People who know, know. People who don't, wouldn't look twice anyway as they don't care. Maybe I'm wrong actually as some people may be fooled.

I wouldn't go out of my way, but if I met that driver in a car park I'd compliment the car and play along and see what happens. Wonder do they go with the lie.

There was a lad going around here with an F10 520d and he had it done up like an M5. When I say "like" an M5 I mean badly. He had stick-on front arch grilles, a crap spoiler, 4 exhaust pipes (2 of which were always sparkling clean), badly made side skirts and front lip and M5 badges everywhere. The alloys were 17" (I think) with chunky tyres.

One evening I was with my mates outside Topaz and this lad arrived in, filled up with diesel and I said to him "You know you're after putting diesel into a 5 litre V10 petrol" and his reply was "Shur ya can't keep petril in the thing, have to use daysul the odd time too otherwise I'd be pure broke".

I'd say he had himself convinced that it was an M5. It currently has the ///M badge gone off the bootlid and is now sporting a 530d badge......still 1 litre too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

There is a white 520d around cork as well done up to look like an M5 even has 4 exhausts but far too close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Most real M cars I see on the road have been debadged anyway. No idea who they think they're fooling with 316ds and 520ds dressed up as M cars, anyone who cars knows and anyone who doesn't know doesn't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If I had a real M5 I'd make it look like 518D! :pac: The one sleeper I'd love to do would be a Ford Ka with the Abarth 500 engine, exhaust and running gear underneath. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Amg gt earlier today and also a red/orange gt3 rs last night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

AMG or not ??
    6m0L1Qa.jpg

:)

she bluetec? lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

she bluetec? lad?

She more "blacktec" than bluetec... Far away from being "blue" or "green"... and it's not diesel

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Not proper AMGs though, that's like saying a 520 with a M badge is a M car......it easy to spot what is and isn't an AMG. And unless it has a badge on the engine saying Handcrafted by...... Mercedes AMG Germany it's not an AMG. If someone gets an AMG Sport trim then fair enough, that's completely different to some tool putting an E63 S badge on an E220. And AMG trim does not mean it's an AMG

AMGer wrote: »
    Not proper AMGs though, that's like saying a 520 with a M badge is a M car......it easy to spot what is and isn't an AMG. And unless it has a badge on the engine saying Handbuilt by...... it's not an AMG. If someone gets an AMG Sport trim then fair enough, that's completely different to some tool putting an E63 S badge on an E220. And AMG trim does not mean it's an AMG

Does the badging on an M-sport spec tdi come from the factory looking like the badging on an M5? No.

Does the AMG badging look the same on a "real" AMG and a DERV-MG... yes.

It's not the same as delusionals eBay badging their repmobile - this is manufacturer sanctioned.
    Nobody is knocking the real deal - I think it's a pity they have cheapened the real deal by making the trim spec badge the EXACT same as a proper badge of performance/exclusivity/pride.

It would be like Bentley bring out a hideous yoke of an SUV just to cash in... oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

If a glance doesn't tell you it's a fakes, just look at the brakes. :)

• Advertisement

There was a lad going around here with an F10 520d and he had it done up like an M5

One evening I was with my mates outside Topaz and this lad arrived in, filled up with diesel and I said to him "You know you're after putting diesel into a 5 litre V10 petrol"

It would have been great if he responded "actually mate, it's a 4.4 V8 Twin Turbo" :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Here are a few pics from the weekend in Dun na nGall in case anyone is getting a bit blue in the face from the endless sh1tetalk about fake RS4s and AMGs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Few from London over the weekend.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Most real M cars I see on the road have been debadged anyway. No idea who they think they're fooling with 316ds and 520ds dressed up as M cars, anyone who cars knows and anyone who doesn't know doesn't care
    I used to have an '89 E30 320i M-Tech (four door) with only the ///M badge on the back.
    I once had a door to door sales rep argue with me that it was an M3. I informed him that mine had two too many cylinders, was RHD, two too many doors, a standard gearbox and didn't look like an M3 but he was having none of it. I think I got tired and told him to take his wares and feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've had someone ask was my e30 touring am m3, because of the ///M colors on the tech 1 steering wheel :rolleyes: I wish it was an m3!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've been asked if mine is a real 330d for Christ's sake :rolleyes:
    ION08 wrote: »
    It would have been great if he responded "actually mate, it's a 4.4 V8 Twin Turbo" :D;)

At least you copped on ;) I was waiting for someone to say this including your man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

saw this coming out of the airport tunnel yesterday , bad pic , public transport POV.

apologies it wont attach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

crusha101 wrote: »
    saw this coming out of the airport tunnel yesterday , bad pic , public transport POV.
    crusha101 wrote: »
    apologies it wont attach

We can imagine what it was. My guess is a Ferrari 458.

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    We can imagine what it was. My guess is a Ferrari 458.
    Saw the ferrari parked up in one of the multistory car parks , It was a 151 Bentley continental GT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement