Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hendricks v Thompson & Artem v White

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hendricks looking thick, solid and tight

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYQx32JJWJ/

Jesus! I don't know if it's the camera angle or lighting but that's probably the best he has ever looked!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Think Wonderboy is in over his head here,rig is top of food chain fighter,wonderboys best win is probably the whittaker fight I dont think a win over ellenberger holds much weight in the division mma match rarely works out but I think Rig is just too seasoned and grinds out a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Hendricks by Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Think Wonderboy is in over his head here,rig is top of food chain fighter,wonderboys best win is probably the whittaker fight I dont think a win over ellenberger holds much weight in the division mma match rarely works out but I think Rig is just too seasoned and grinds out a decision.

couldnt agree more
    this is possibly the worst match up for wonderboy, just dont see how he wins this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Thompson by Decision
    I think Big Rig wins this one convincingly and then gets a crack at Robbie after Robbie feeds Woodley his own teeth.

The only WW's I can see beating Hendricks are Robbie, Condit or Maia but I think Big Rig could also beat any of them at the same time, that's the top 4 for me.

Rory MacDonald a shocking omission there,hes 26 or so and one of the best fighters to not hold a ufc title ever,hes whooped Maia and Woodley already and hes got better since,nearly had Robbie finished put it on him in v close fight before he was physically broken,

I know he has to prove hes none the worse for that war but I can see him winning the strap soon so much time left while the guys at the top are on their way last few years at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hendricks by Submission
    Rory MacDonald a shocking omission there,hes 26 or so and one of the best fighters to not hold a ufc title ever,hes whooped Maia and Woodley already and hes got better since,nearly had Robbie finished put it on him in v close fight before he was physically broken,

I know he has to prove hes none the worse for that war but I can see him winning the strap soon so much time left while the guys at the top are on their way last few years at the top.

Without a doubt future champ, he's going to hold the belt for a looooooong time.

Thompson by Decision
    I think Rory is the other person making up the top 5. Maia that Rory beat is not Maia now. The fact that Rory hasn't even been linked to a fight since his loss to Robbie in July worries me a little. I think he'll definitely be the champion but he needs to work his way back to another title shot, it's one of the more stacked divisions.

Hendricks by Submission
    I think Rory is the other person making up the top 5. Maia that Rory beat is not Maia now. The fact that Rory hasn't even been linked to a fight since his loss to Robbie in July worries me a little. I think he'll definitely be the champion but he needs to work his way back to another title shot, it's one of the more stacked divisions.

He's been linked to the Lombard fight for ages now taught it was bound to happen but obviosuly not. Hope Mike Jackson wins, was listening to his interview with Helwani he seems like a top bloke and talks a good game.

I think its the same Maia maybe small bit of improvement but result would probably be the same or even could see maia ko'd,his win streak is becoming overated wins over nelson la flare and magny arent contender type wins imo,he has to beat a top 5 ranked guy now id rank him just around 5 or 6,rory beat him 2 years ago and hes improved bundles since then he got the mount on Rory and couldnt do anything think he then failed in 19 td attempts after that,

Its an interesting division lots of similarly matched guys with different styles I love the divison,I was thinking GSP comeback ufc200 v Lawler next would be awesome,Anybody but Woodley getting the shot I'll be happy cannot stand him,

Just remember Maia is fighting Brown next that will be a decent win when he strangles him.

Thompson by Decision

Just remember Maia is fighting Brown next that will be a decent win when he strangles him.

I missed that somehow. I think that's a massive miss-match and a bit of a waste of time.

I think it's by far the most interesting and open division in the UFC.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    He's been linked to the Lombard fight for ages now taught it was bound to happen but obviosuly not. Hope Mike Jackson wins, was listening to his interview with Helwani he seems like a top bloke and talks a good game.

Mike Jackson has a golden gloves title so I presume he can throw a punch at least,I would love if he upset the apple cart Dana would be seething Galls gameplan is try to submit him I presume.

I missed that somehow. I think that's a massive miss-match and a bit of a waste of time.

I think it's by far the most interesting and open division in the UFC.

Yeah Maia is gonna shoot singles and try drag it to the mat,its in Brazil too not a good style match up for Matt Brown he excels in absolute wars I do like to see the styles clash though if maia cant get him down it will get interesting,Id like to see Maia v Gastelum,I think Whittaker looked awesome lately too that division is full of beasts.

Hendricks by Submission
    Mike Jackson has a golden gloves title so I presume he can throw a punch at least,I would love if he upset the apple cart Dana would be seething Galls gameplan is try to submit him I presume.

Yeah I know, had a bit of the ko at 6/1 he said he's going to ko him. Mystic Mike.

Watching the countdown show completely forgot about Ellenberger dropping wonderboy,them how lands might actually present Johny with a ko.

Thompson by Decision
    What time is this kicking off?

Hendricks by Submission
    What time is this kicking off?

Artems keeping it flowy at 12 to kick off the card!

Thompson by Decision

Artem and flowy are antithetical to eachother. Thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Isn't the "winner gets CM Punk" fight on first?

Edit: I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jk86 wrote: »
    Isn't the "winner gets CM Punk" fight on first?

Edit: I'm wrong!

Only Gall gets Punk if he wins. The photographer Jackson gets fuk all although Dana Whife tweeted him saying he will get Punk if he wins also. Pity Dana Whife doesn't exist, nasty but funny trick.

For that fact alone, I hope Jackson smashes Gall through the canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Does this fight pass just become live at 12?

Have just signed up to watch Artem's fight, but there's no live link with build up etc yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hendricks by Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only Gall gets Punk if he wins. The photographer Jackson gets fuk all although Dana Whife tweeted him saying he will get Punk if he wins also. Pity Dana Whife doesn't exist, nasty but funny trick.

For that fact alone, I hope Jackson smashes Gall through the canvas.

lol had to double take on that name :D Have you heard of the @EddieTarverdyan account? That gossip(?) mag TMZ done an interview with it the other day on his falling out with Rousey senior and on the timeline theres all sorts of different fighters who have tweeted it....even though in the description it says its a parody account :D

Would love to see Jackson beat Gall too....was tempted to bet on him(7/2) but left it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hendricks by Submission
    daRobot wrote: »
    Does this fight pass just become live at 12?

Have just signed up to watch Artem's fight, but there's no live link with build up etc yet.

Do you have the below? If so, you're good to go, it will just go live at midnight.

37bd9e61fba2d611d38e688030115277.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Paully D wrote: »
    Do you have the below? If so, you're good to go, it will just go live at midnight.
    [/IMG]

Cheers, I was intending on watching it on a tablet and plugging into the TV but there's some Adobe incompatibility so Laptop it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hendricks by Submission
    Come on Artem! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What happens if Mike Jackson beats Gall? Does Jackson get to fight Punk?

Cmon AR-TEEEEEEMMMMMM

Hendricks by Submission
    That_Guy wrote: »

Nope according to Dana but I wouldn't be surprised if he did to be honest.

That_Guy wrote: »

Nope, Punk just on with Ariel saying he doesn't get why he can't fight Jackson if he wins so he's going for Gall to win so he will have an opponent finally. He takes credit for creating 2 jobs for the guys fighting tonight.

Damn.....I can't wait to see this CM fella get KO'd and retire after his first fight.

I hate seeing the place so empty for the prelims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Thompson by Decision
    artem is looking in great shape

Advertisement