Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hendricks v Thompson & Artem v White

Options
  • 02-02-2016 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

a83d3f3954ec5bb4e894529179324fd7.png

Date: Saturday 6th February
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (12am, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: MGM Garden Arena, Las Vegas
    Odds: Hendricks (6/13) v Thompson (9/4)

Note - Mickey Gall fights on the Fight Pass Prelims. If he wins, he faces CM Punk in CM Punk's debut fight.

What time will Artem's fight be on?
    Artem kicks off the whole card and is the first fight of the night. His fight will start at midnight and be broadcast on Fight Pass only.

How can I watch Artem's fight?
    As mentioned above, it's only on Fight Pass. If you haven't subscribed before, you can get a 30 day free trial here.. Just remember to unsubscribe if you don't want to keep the subscription. If you've used your free trial and are not a member, you'll need to take out a months subscription which costs €7.99. However, if you wait to subscribe until Saturday night you'll get this full event, Cowboy v Means full event, Silva v Bisping in London full event and the Fight Pass Prelims and Prelims of McGregor v dos Anjos at UFC 196. Exceptional value for money.

Main event predictions... 35 votes

Hendricks by Decision
    0%
    Hendricks by Submission
    65%
    weemcdcalifanoslicus ricusmailburnerxtal191jimmiikillwillSwashbucklersmilerfDevastatorGumbiMr. ManagershrewdnessASOTJR6Paully Dmartyos121adcakesloudnoises89Gene_Parmesan 23 votes
    Hendricks by KO/TKO
    0%
    Thompson by Decision
    31%
    evad_lhorgshrapnel222artvanduletphily2002HokiMartyMcFly84shocksyProfessional GrieferricerodarcedSubcomandante Marcos 11 votes
    Thompson by Submission
    2%
    John_D80 1 vote
    Thompson by KO/TKO
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hendricks by Submission
    Wheres the poll? :D

*AHEM* self proclaimed professional :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hendricks by Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Wheres the poll? :D

*AHEM* self proclaimed professional :eek::pac:

That was quicker than I expected! :P:pac:

I got the "service unavailable" message unfortunately. I was hoping El Guapo! would bail me out before anyone noticed. :pac:

Hendricks by Submission
    Paully D wrote: »

I got the "service unavailable" message unfortunately. I was hoping El Guapo! would bail me out before anyone noticed. :pac:

After my Rumble/Bader efforts I turned notifactions on your posts so I could learn from the 'best'.....guess I'll have to find someone else to learn from now :P;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hendricks is going to lay and pray for 5 rounds,''does that make sense''.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Nice and floaty Artem.

Looking forward to his fight and hope he proves himself. Was such an awful fight with Ryan Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Morpork wrote: »
    Nice and floaty Artem.

Looking forward to his fight and hope he proves himself. Was such an awful fight with Ryan Hall.

Not a great performance, but can't realy fault him either. Ryan's a phenomenal grappler and shut him down in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Paully D wrote: »

Poll added.

Leave it to the real professionals next time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hendricks by Submission
    Borg vs Scoggins should be on main card. Could be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Poll added.

Do we get a poll for Artem too??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Johnny will grind a decision but f*ck it, I'm going with Wonderboy by KO, come on man!!

Hoping Artem can land a big KO!

• Advertisement

Hendricks by Submission
    El Guapo! wrote: »
    Poll added.

yeeeeooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Do we get a poll for Artem too??

It probably only allows 1 poll per thread. Don't give Paully ideas for another thread because its giving El Guapo extra work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hendricks by Submission
    God I hope Thompson can win this by KO as I can't stand Hendricks, but I am almost certain this will turn into a typical Hendricks performance of late, with some striking, but heavily based on taking people down and holding them there. AKA dull. Is Thompson's takedown defence any good for the possibility of making this interesting? I know he's pretty good on the feet.

Fairly dull card overall on paper, I am tired of seeing Big Country swing for 2 minutes looking for an overhand right then take a hammering until the final bell and losing a lop sided decision, I don't care who wins that one as long as it's over quickly.

Was always a fan of Mike Pyle but he's on a bad run of late, but his opponent was beaten by Pendred...

Benavidez to win again I am sure. Fairly sure OSP gets the win also.

PS. "THAT'S IT AR-TEM, JAB RIGHT HOOK, ATTTABOYYYY"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Hopefully wonderboy can keep the distance and pick him off at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hendricks by Submission
    The bookies can't separate Artem (4/5) v White (1/1).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Hendricks by Submission
    Would absolutely love Wonderboy to knock him out, but I can only see Hendricks humping him to a unanimous decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hendricks by Submission
    shrewdness wrote: »
    Would absolutely love Wonderboy to knock him out, but I can only see Hendricks humping him to a unanimous decision.

This.

This fight does not appeal to me at all. Hendricks used to be exciting to watch around the time of Waldburger and Fitch but he's been about as interesting as white paint the last 2 years or 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Thompson by Decision
    Big Rig TKO from a big over hand right followed by ground and pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Hopefully Wonderboy catches him in shot however lay and pray, he has good footwork and might be able to keep it standing a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Against GSP, Hendricks must have had a small chemistry lab running through his veins. That was his best fight by far, but he's not looked anywhere close to that since.

I'm hoping he has better cardio now that he isn't 25% body fat and we actually see a fight but I think USADA killed the Big Rigg that showed so much promise a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hendricks by Submission
    Hendricks hasn't been the same since that loss to gsp. After losing that fight he's just put emphasis on safety first and securing rounds. Pity coz he used to be an exciting guy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hendricks by Submission
    After watching hendricks last 6 fights iv come to the conclusion that I actually hate him and would be delighted to never see him fivhft again, he's got fitch boring at a rapid pace. He will find a way to turn what would have been a cracking fight three years ago into a snooze fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hendricks by Submission
    Whos this White fella Artem is up against? Dont think ive ever seen him. Is he a wrestler or jj guy or a standup guy?

Hendricks by Submission
    califano wrote: »
    Whos this White fella Artem is up against? Dont think ive ever seen him. Is he a wrestler or jj guy or a standup guy?

He's 1-2 in the ufc, will stand and trade and get knocked out. He's a tall southpaw with a bit of bjj. It's Artems fight to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Hendricks is the best welterweight in the UFC and seeing the pics of him in great shape doesn't bode well for Thompson or the rest of the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    He's 1-2 in the ufc, will stand and trade and get knocked out. He's a tall southpaw with a bit of bjj. It's Artems fight to lose.

Hopefully it's a quick knock out so they repeat it on the main broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mellor wrote: »

Do they still do that? Thought that stopped with the introduction of fight pass and fox prelims?

Hendricks by Submission
    Mellor wrote: »

Hope he gets a couple of wins under his belt he's a really sound lad had the pleasure of meeting him a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hendricks by Submission
    Anyone watch the preview?

Can't help but admire Wonderboy. Can never warm to Hendricks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Its been done to the death but the ufc is turning into the wwf having this Gall v Jackson fight on,a 1-0 guy fighting a member of the media they have no shame I know its business and all,if Ar-tem wasnt on the prelims I'd vote with my feet and not watch them,the only silver lining will be that rookie CM Punk getting strangled on ppv if Gall is any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hendricks looking thick, solid and tight

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBYQx32JJWJ/

Advertisement