Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Hendricks v Thompson & Artem v White

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

both so tenative, crowd is being exceptionally patient. If ever a fight deserved to be booed.

...and this is the co main event? I doubt either fighter will see that billing again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Awful.

Pretty good hype there by Joe.

Can't wait for 196.

Pretty good hype there by Joe.

Can't wait for 196.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Tenacious D what a song

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hendricks by Submission
    What a finish! Wonderboy is the real fcuking deal, can't wait to see him fight Lawler!

Wow, didn't see that coming. Fantastic performance, great finish.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Thompson by Decision
    Well, Thompson chewed him up, didn't see that coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hendricks by Submission
    Thank you Wonderboy for the (relatively) early night! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Clinical stuff from Wonderboy, Hendricks never got going at all. Some power in his kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Thompson by Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jaysus painful interview.

Great performance though. Hendricks was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Madness to think that Hendricks took 10 rounds of shlaps from Robbie Lawlor over two fights but only lasted 3 minutes with wonderboy. Hope for Woodley v Wonderboy next for a title eliminator!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeeeeessssssssssss absolutely beaming for Wonderboy, what a performance. YES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hendricks by Submission
    Hendricks got outclassed and I'm absolutely delighted :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The 2 fights before the main event put me to sleep absolute garbage,

Just watched the Wonderboy fight my god that was impressive absolutely schooled Rig I didnt see that coming,gave him a kickers chance of a one kick highlight reel but thought hendricks would wrestle **** him,

Great division now we have another contender.

Hendricks by Submission
    That karate stance is starting to make a massive impact in the game these days, wonderboy reminded me of Conor there just without the forward pressure. Lose, mobile with some sick counters and kicks along with being very very accurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

ASOT wrote: »
    That karate stance is starting to make a massive impact in the game these days, wonderboy reminded me of Conor there just without the forward pressure. Lose, mobile with some sick counters and kicks along with being very very accurate.

Yeah that in and out style is very hard for the wrestlers especially to deal with even scoggins last night proved it,if you have TDD to go with that style you're laughing.

• Advertisement

Hendricks by Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah that in and out style is very hard for the wrestlers especially to deal with even scoggins last night proved it,if you have TDD to go with that style you're laughing.

Exactly and it's very exciting to watch, scoggins had the fight of his life last night. Interesting -times ahead for mma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Get Wonderboy into a title fight ASAP. That was amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hendricks by Submission
    Despite the Gall/Punk nonsense and Wonderboy's first round KO of Hendricks, the biggest shock of the night was Pyle's mullet. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hendricks by Submission
    I went to sleep after the pyle/Spencer fight and on a whole, I'm glad. There wasn't much excitment in some of those fights but absolutely delighted for Thompson destroying Hendriks. I can't stand Hendriks but thought he would wrestlefu*k his way to a decision, how glad am I that I was wrong :D Nelson/Rosholt z z z z z zzzzzzz both equally as bad as eachother IMO....if I don't see either of them ever fight again I won't be missing out. OSP is a beast, I thought he was screwed when he hrt his foot in the 1st round but he fought through it and tbh completely controlled the fight against a very poor looking Cavalcante. Benavidez better in every way in his fight. I can't believe 1 judge gave Makovsky a round! I thought it was a terrivle performance from him, got a few takedowns, did absolutely no damage with any of them and Joe was back up every time within seconds.

That karate stance is starting to make a massive impact in the game these days

I'm surprised it hasn't been more effective or that more fighters have not tried to implement it more. When Machida came on the scene he was awesome using the karate stance, in and out and very hard to hit. Thats about 10(?) years ago or so since he was in UFC but nobody seemed to pick up on it and use it themselves. Its great to see a few fighters using it now. MMA & UFC seems to go through cycles when certain types of technieques come to the forefront, I don't think anyone would be too disappointed to see more karate come into it in the near future.

Thompson have the best kicking in the UFC?

He had a gorgeous front leg side kick with minimal wind up that sent Hendricks about 5 paces back. He establishes range with his feet very well.

Thompson have the best kicking in the UFC?

He had a gorgeous front leg side kick with minimal wind up that sent Hendricks about 5 paces back. He establishes range with his feet very well.

That karate stance is starting to make a massive impact in the game these days, wonder-boy reminded me of Conor there just without the forward pressure. Lose, mobile with some sick counters and kicks along with being very very accurate.

amazing to see an actual martial artist doing real damage. I agree, yes, exciting like mcgregor and the one time great days of Anderson silva.

that side kick is the jab of tae kwon do and basic karate, it's unreal when used well but to the body and then the head!! wtf!! you could see hendricks had no plan there, plus thompsons hands are very good. that back fourth elusive style is defo changing things and giving those who can perfect it as much success as the take down brought wrestlers. in fairness he's up there in height and doing well to stay at welter, he looks like he could easily be middleweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Devastator wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would be too disappointed to see more karate come into it in the near future.

I remember that karate guy from UFC 2, throwing karate chops until he got punched in the face. He had a look on him as if that was the first time he'd ever been hit in his life and then just got mauled.

I'm really happy to see the style back and especially working so well against wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hendricks by Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember that karate guy from UFC 2, throwing karate chops until he got punched in the face. He had a look on him as if that was the first time he'd ever been hit in his life and then just got mauled.

I'm really happy to see the style back and especially working so well against wrestlers.

I remember reading something a while ago that in karate(or some) tournaments they are not allowed to punch eachother in the face/head :confused: Maybe you're right and he wasn't expecting it :D

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    I remember reading something a while ago that in karate(or some) tournaments they are not allowed to punch eachother in the face/head :confused: Maybe you're right and he wasn't expecting it :D

depends, there's a few really tough karate styles like, kenpo, kempo, kyokushin (dolph lundgren) and shotokan. many have lost teeth and broke noses because lots are full contact but I guess you're right, nothing like the contact you'd see in a cage now. sometimes I see fighters coming forward and they're open for stomach kicks, mule kicks, side kicks, all of which can be just on the belt line. it's great to see thompson now compound matters by having such easy success using this. How the likes of uriah hall cannot do the same is a bit strange given his long time status and reputation in the world combat league. I suppose some cannot make the transition. delighted for wonder boy have to say....shakin up the ranks now.

Advertisement