Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zebre vs Munster, Sat 30 Jan 2pm Irish time; TG4

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Why do something stupid and lose the game at the buzzer? The ambition was to come away with a win. An intercepted pass leading to an injury time win wouldn't make make any regular posters in here happy would it?

unless there was TBP on the cards it was smart play.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Why do something stupid and lose the game at the buzzer? The ambition was to come away with a win. An intercepted pass leading to an injury time win wouldn't make make any regular posters in here happy would it?

I fully understand that, but they were on top going forward. At least go through a few more tight phases and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

I fully understand that, but they were on top going forward. At least go through a few more tight phases and see what happens.

given how tight the top 6-7 could be at the end of the season then take the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

There was no benefit at all to playing on. They score another try, so what? Unless denying Zebre a bonus point is seen as a positive then they absolutely did the right thing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Correct decision to kill the game. Would have been nuts not to do so. They already could have been a touch regretful by going to touch in the Zebre 22 earlier when straightforward kicks were on offer.

Great defence from Zebre in terms of their commitment and physicality in contact. Munster made it easy for them though. I lost count of how many times the ball went out to the left wing after skip/wide passes were thrown only for the man on the wing to find himself faced by a couple of defenders and having to loop back infield to get to his support. Give it was the first choice 10, 12 and 13 on the field, the sooner Brian Walsh is gone, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Well that was horrendous viewing... good to get a win... not good to be saying that against Zebre though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Yeah, we've really sunk to a new low this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

Dour game from start to finish, probably looked worse because of the quality of the coverage. After a fine start I thought we might push for a BP win but we let them score a few handy penalties to let them back into the game, tho' I thought at least one should have been a penalty to us in an earlier scrum.

Still not convinced by Sweetnam. Was JOD injured to say he was replaced at halftime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

phog wrote: »
    Dour game from start to finish, probably looked worse because of the quality of the coverage. After a fine start I thought we might push for a BP win but we let them score a few handy penalties to let them back into the game, tho' I thought at least one should have been a penalty to us in an earlier scrum.

Still not convinced by Sweetnam. Was JOD injured to say he was replaced at halftime?

Sweetnum did a few nice things, but bounced off a tackle or 2 a bit easily, he needs some proper gametime though, A games are only going to bring you so far, he needs a few games in the side to try to gauge his ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

The fact that Munster didnt try to score again against Zebre on the 22 at the end of the game is pretty poor and shows a huge lack of ambition imo. I know they can't afford an intercept try but Zebre have not looked like scoring all game anyway.

You obviously forgot the Edinburgh v Munster game earlier in the year. Munster 2 points up started firing the ball around near Edinburgh's 22 like a team 20 points ahead with the clock red resulting in Edinburgh nearly going the length of the pitch. If Edinburgh had showed composure they would have nicked that game. Needed a block on Hidalgo Clyne's drop goal to save them the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

phog wrote: »

I think we also need to give credit to Zebre who look to be well organised, well coached and have a few decent players. They have won 4 games this season which must be a record for them. Also the conditions were crap and 'Death Of Rugby Dudley' doesn't help with his intrusive and mind numbing brand of jobs-worth refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnthunder

anyone can share a stream? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

This ref is taking pity on Zebre.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

anyone can share a stream? thanks

I think you're about 9 months too late for that

Advertisement