Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zebre vs Munster, Sat 30 Jan 2pm Irish time; TG4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    I wish they could instill that bit of niggle into Peter O'Mahoney............
    Wha?! POM has it in oodles but they wanted to get rid of it: they gave him an early captaincy in Munster for a few games to try and cool him off.
    Ire V Samoa or Fiji (a few years ago), POM was the only Irish player to respond with physicality to a high/tip tackle on an Irish player (might have been himself) but the rest of the Irish guys were just standing, looking around, after one of their teammates took a deliberate blow. I think ROG or Wally in commentary on the incident, said that if that had happened a few years previously, the Irish Team would have been in there in a heartbeat.

POM had to cool a little bit; at the start he'd nearly rip a fella for anything. Dave Foley had a bit of it too but I haven't seen it in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

"Whoooosh"
    :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Wha?! POM has it in oodles but they wanted to get rid of it: they gave him an early captaincy in Munster for a few games to try and cool him off.
    Ire V Samoa or Fiji (a few years ago), POM was the only Irish player to respond with physicality to a high/tip tackle on an Irish player (might have been himself) but the rest of the Irish guys were just standing, looking around, after one of their teammates took a deliberate blow. I think ROG or Wally in commentary on the incident, said that if that had happened a few years previously, the Irish Team would have been in there in a heartbeat.

POM had to cool a little bit; at the start he'd nearly rip a fella for anything. Dave Foley had a bit of it too but I haven't seen it in a while.

Kuridrani i think upended him in the defeat the week before the cancelled NZ game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The picture quality from Italy is always crap. It's like watching rugby in the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Really strong scrum.

• Advertisement

chisholm dropped that ?

Poor enough from Chisholm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Dropped but never lost it and maintained contact all the way. Try for me.

is keatley contractually obliged to kick the ball out on the full once a game or something

Great chaseing back from TOL. Scannell and Keatley appear to have left the full back to one another there.

• Advertisement

Cronin is playing well so far.

Not a bad game at all.....think the Zebre 10 is begging to have that daft ponytail pulled though!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

good entertaining game, zebre with some lovely offloading

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Not a bad game at all.....think the Zebre 10 is begging to have that daft ponytail pulled though!

He should tuck in in to his shirt! He can kick though - just put them ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thought Cronin popped his man up there, should have been a penalty to us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

DAT ref.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Zebre's handling skills better than ours. Need to up a gear in the second half, we're too passive. Scannell at 12 going well, Cronin too.

Games gone stale after the break. Messy and too much stop/start

Aannnd Dave with a clothesline that any wwf wrestler would be proud of, 10 mins in the bin

Looks like we've got ourselves a good ol' fashioned cripple fight.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Looks like we've got ourselves a good ol' fashioned cripple fight.

It's truly brutal.

Good kick by Keats but just short... Zebre make a hash of the clearance tho, chaser in front of the kicker

Sweetnum taken out in the air there and play on says the ref :rolleyes:

Smart play by Keatley in the end but excellent defence from Zebre too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Absolute muck. Good defence from Zebre; Munster incapable of any incision.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

The fact that Munster didnt try to score again against Zebre on the 22 at the end of the game is pretty poor and shows a huge lack of ambition imo. I know they can't afford an intercept try but Zebre have not looked like scoring all game anyway.

Best defensive display I've seen from an Italian side in a while, but the game was rubbish as a spectacle.
    Job done...take the points and go home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 EngineerX

What was final score? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

16-12.

• Advertisement

The fact that Munster didnt try to score again against Zebre on the 22 at the end of the game is pretty poor and shows a huge lack of ambition imo. I know they can't afford an intercept try but Zebre have not looked like scoring all game anyway.

Why do something stupid and lose the game at the buzzer? The ambition was to come away with a win. An intercepted pass leading to an injury time win wouldn't make make any regular posters in here happy would it?

Advertisement